2-4. Allen, Lamar, Darnold

5. Rosen

In several years:

1. Allen

2. Mayfield

3. Darnold 

4. Lamar

5. Rosen

And don't forget Mahomes, who is not rookie but played his 1st season and already MVP candidate.

When Brady, Rivers and Big Ben finally retire these new guys and teams will dominate in AFC  

It was a good season giving us a strong crop of promising rookie QBs. This fan enjoyed watching them in their struggles and successes.

“The Book” on their abilities will be extremely sifted and reviewed for their sophomore run and hopefully many of them will be able to meet the merciless challenges to their weaknesses.

6 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

I thought Baker Mayfield was the best this year, but Josh Allen had the least help, by far. I think Allen was better than Darnold. The Bills were 5-6 in games that Josh started, while the Jets were 4-9 in games Darnold started. Both accounted for 18 TD's, Darnold threw 15 picks to Allen's 12. Darnold had better WR weapons and a much better o-line. I strongly believe that if we had the other Josh or Darnold, we'd be picking first in the draft. If the Bills FO can get Allen some o-line help and WR's/TE's that can catch, he'll be the best of the bunch in my biased opinion.

Now: 1) Baker, 2) Allen, 3) Darnold, 4) Lamar, 5) Rosen

Future: 1) Allen, 2) Baker, 3) Darnold, 4) Lamar, 5) Rosen

I actually don't think the Bills were worse than the Cards. Similar struggles at RB, Cards Oline was much worse somehow, and Larry Fitz was hobbled a lot. Neither situation is great for a rookie QB. With Zay and Foster finally showing up and the relatively weak schedule after the halfway point, I think the Bills had an easier time. The schedule actually worries me a bit and I'm hoping team improvement wasn't just a mirage because the Patriots were the only decent team they played after week 9. 

I think each team got the QB they wanted.

How they develop will be on that teams management and coaching.

That said I think they will all have decent NFL careers.

I think Boomer said it best about JA.......he is must watch TV and a very exciting player   :)

here is an interesting thought... if you put Josh Allen on the following teams how would he look?

Browns - his completion percentage would go way up with Landry, Callway and Njoku. Also, he wouldn't have to rely on his legs with Chubb running the ball. Dare I say he sneaks them into the playoffs over Baltimore?

Jets - similar struggles as Buffalo, but again, less dropped passes which would mean a higher completion percentage.

Cardinals - same as above.

Ravens - he would have done what Lamar Jackson has done but better.

_______

point being, Josh Allen is the gem of this draft. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

here is an interesting thought... if you put Josh Allen on the following teams how would he look?

Browns - his completion percentage would go way up with Landry, Callway and Njoku. Also, he wouldn't have to rely on his legs with Chubb running the ball. Dare I say he sneaks them into the playoffs over Baltimore?

Jets - similar struggles as Buffalo, but again, less dropped passes which would mean a higher completion percentage.

_______

Love your optimism, but I am not sure I believe he makes the Browns better.

I think Mayfield with his accuracy was a perfect fit for what they wanted to do.  Allen’s numbers would be better, but I do not think he improves the Browns.

The battle between Darnold and Allen is interesting to me - I think Darnold will continue to have some better numbers, but will make more critical mistakes (both fumbles and Ints).  

In either case they got their guys and the Bills did not have the chance at either - so I really look at the guys we could of had Rosen or Jacksonand think we made the right choice.

15 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't understand the Jackson hype. Tyrod 2.0. Extremely limited in pass game

Because he's winning and scoring an insane amount of rushing TDs. It's clearly the Ravens game plan with designed runs.

He's so much better on the run. It's lethal. Takes it to the house from 40 yards out any given play. Michael Vick 2.0.

14 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Because he's winning and scoring an insane amount of rushing TDs. It's clearly the Ravens game plan with designed runs.

He's so much better on the run. It's lethal. Takes it to the house from 40 yards out any given play. Michael Vick 2.0.

Doesnt he average something like 4 ypc? As of right now he is a running back that is a decent passer. Not saying he reached his ceiling, but he definitely needs to improve if he wants to be as good as the hype makes him out to be. Greg Roman is the perfect OC for him, but I think he is being helped by the switch mid season and change of offense. I expect a regression next year imo once DC's can have more time to prepare for the gimmick they run.

Edit: Also I believe JA has more rushing TDS

Edited by Bray Wyatt

15 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I truly don’t understand the people that say Mayfield is as good as he’s going to get.

Because those people write and say words just to write and say them.

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Jackson

Rosen

Edited by Jay_Fixit

1 hour ago, rayray808 said:

_______

You are very bullish on JA. I think we have reason to be optimistic but to say every other scenario would have fared better for Allen and the team is kinda insane.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Doesnt he average something like 4 ypc? As of right now he is a running back that is a decent passer. Not saying he reached his ceiling, but he definitely needs to improve if he wants to be as good as the hype makes him out to be. Greg Roman is the perfect OC for him, but I think he is being helped by the switch mid season and change of offense. I expect a regression next year imo once DC's can have more time to prepare for the gimmick they run.

Edit: Also I believe JA has more rushing TDS

He's playing winning football right now. I'm sure both his OC and opponents DC will adjust for a less one-dimensional offense from the Ravens. I mean he's played like way less games than all the rookies.. no doubt doesn't have any numbers Josh has, but I watched the entire Browns game. He took 3 to the house from 40 yards 2 that were called back on questionable holding calls. Regardless, Tyrod 2.0 is a very unfair comparison. I haven't seen a quarterback with that kind of a threat to score on any play since Vick. And he's no slouch passing either, just doesn't do it much. He's running a really fun, hard to believe offense right now that is sure to change. But I'm pulling for the Ravens in the playoffs because they are winning convincingly ever since they got Lamar starting and just completely denying any conventional wisdom. It's fun. No reason to change it now. Obviously they'll be more prepared with a difference offense, but it's a small miracle the Ravens went from Flacco's offense to Lamar's on a dime and have had the success they've had. My favorite rookie QB to watch outside of JA.

HE IS NOT TYROD 2.0. Dumb dumb dumb.. really lazy comparison.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

He's playing winning football right now. I'm sure both his OC and opponents DC will adjust for a less one-dimensional offense from the Ravens. I mean he's played like way less games than all the rookies.. no doubt doesn't have any numbers Josh has, but I watched the entire Browns game. He took 2 to the house from 40 yards out that were called back on questionable holding calls. Regardless, Tyrod 2.0 is a very unfair comparison. I haven't seen a quarterback with that kind of a threat to score on any play since Vick. And he's no slouch passing either, just doesn't do it much. He's running a really fun, hard to believe offense right now that is sure to change. But I'm pulling for the Ravens in the playoffs because they are winning convincingly ever since they got Lamar starting and just completely denying any conventional wisdom. It's fun. No reason to change it now. Obviously they'll be more prepared with a difference offense, but it's a small miracle the Ravens went from Flacco's offense to Lamar's and have had the success they've had. My favorite rookie QB to watch outside of JA.

HE IS NOT TYROD 2.0. Dumb dumb dumb.. really lazy comparison.

Tyrod played winning football in Buffalo.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Tyrod played winning football in Buffalo.

lol yes he did. He gets a bad wrap here IMO. idk if this is trolling.. I just think Lamar Jackson is a way better threat running than Tyrod dreamed of in terms of Chris Johnson or Vick ability to get chunk rushing plays in a snap. He's not bad whatsoever at passing either.. it's just whatever he's doing works so much better if he just keeps running as much as he is. With that defense and strong running game getting TOP.. it's a deadly poison.

He seems far better than Tyrod at this juncture IMO. I mean.. he took Flacco's spot whereas Tyrod didn't for the Ravens lol. Running a waaaay different offense and style of play than Tyrod. HE'S NOT TYROD.

Dropping Tyrod. Ain't no other rookies scratching his win loss % this year. Winning football babee. Went like 6-1. Tyrod don't do that.

Mayfield 

Jackson

Darnold and Allen are interchangeable 

Rosen

However Lamar Jackson gets to second based on win percentage and throwing to tight ends and runningbacks.  Watched him last night and he is severely limited as a passer, especially to wideouts.  I think he will flame out as a passer in the next three years.

Edited by thenorthremembers

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

lol yes he did. He gets a bad wrap here IMO. idk if this is trolling.. I just think Lamar Jackson is a way better threat running than Tyrod dreamed of in terms of Chris Johnson or Vick ability to get chunk rushing plays in a snap. He's not bad whatsoever at passing either.. it's just whatever he's doing works so much better if he just keeps running as much as he is. With that defense and strong running game getting TOP.. it's a deadly poison.

He seems far better than Tyrod at this juncture IMO. I mean.. he took Flacco's spot whereas Tyrod didn't for the Ravens lol. Running a waaaay different offense and style of play than Tyrod. HE'S NOT TYROD.

Dropping Tyrod. Ain't no other rookies scratching his win loss % this year. Winning football babee.

He runs more, that's for sure. In his 7 starts he ran 119 times for 556 yards (17 attempts per game & 79 YPG)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He runs more, that's for sure. In his 7 starts he ran 119 times for 556 yards (17 attempts per game & 79 YPG)

Yeah watch a full Ravens game. It's absolutely absurd. And the coolest part is it's working. Excited to see if they can make some noise with this in the playoffs

It's essentially a full game evolved wildcat RPO every play. Would be fun to see this confuse the heck out of Beli like the Dolphins had.

15 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Lamar has completely transformed that team and he's nowhere near his potential ceiling. Allen isn't near his yet either. If either of them are able to reach their respective ceilings, they'll probably be MVP candidates IMO.

I'm all about Lamar right now. He is electric to watch. And he's not a bad passer really. He's just barely called to pass (doesn't really need to) but he gets it done when needed. Bizarre offense that Lamar's is executing perfectly. I miss having a real Michael Vick type quarterback in the league.

People who have Josh Rosen anything other than 5th are wrong. I've seen nothing from him to show me otherwise. And, this is from a guy who liked him better than Allen coming out. I was wrong and knew it very early in the season. Rosen just doesn't have the athleticism or skill that Allen has. He also looks frail and may be durability challenged. Admit it when you are wrong people.

Edited by Josh "Real Deal" Allen