1. Baker Mayfield

2. Lamar Jackson

3. Josh Allen 

4. Sam Darnold

5. Josh Rosen

Kinda stating obvious

Long Term Potential

1.  Josh Allen

His work ethic and his potential with significant improvements on the line and receiver group will lead to an amazing jump in year 2 and beyond.

2.  Sam Darnold 

Tough choice here as I like Darnold's upside with better talent around him.  Has size, developing pocket awareness, great touch and accuracy.  More experience will lead to fewer turnovers.

3.  Baker Mayfield

Think he is close to being as good as he is going to get.  Older, with better weapons around him.  Great accuracy, pocket awareness and attitude.  May be limited long term by size and lack of running ability.

4.  Lamar Jackson

Needs a lot of development as a passer.  Teams will learn how to defense him and keep him in the pocket.  Has a solid arm but does have runners mindset and tends to take off if his first read is taken away.  Could be great or fade to average.

5.  Josh Rosen

Just seems to be lacking in a lot of areas, arm strength? Meh, mobility, none, leadership, meh, dedication to the game, tbd.  Honestly don't think he's around at the end of his contract.  Shall I say, Blaine Gabbert.

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I don't understand the Jackson hype. Tyrod 2.0. Extremely limited in pass game

Me either.... how long do you think he’ll last running the ball 20 times again.  Their offense is a fad and won’t last.

I think Baker is going to go down as one of the greats and is far and away the best in the class.

The rest are way behind but I’d go:

Mayfield

Allen/Darnold (tie)

Jackson

Rosen

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I truly don’t understand the people that say Mayfield is as good as he’s going to get.

Same.  He is going to have an awesome career

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I truly don’t understand the people that say Mayfield is as good as he’s going to get.

Mayfield played 4 years in college.  Had best players around him his rookie season.  Very solid offensive line, almost 1000 yard rusher, excellent WR, TE and RB's.  I see him being a pretty consistent 64% completion %, 25 TD, 10 INT guy with limited yards running.  Very solid, 10 to 12 year starter.  Few Pro Bowl games and nice career.

Think Allen and Darnold could put up crazy Aaron Rogers stats based on potential.

• Haha (+1) 1

My pre-draft rankings were:

1A - Rosen

1B - Mayfield

3 - Darnold 

4 - Allen

5 - Jackson

I may have time at some point this offseason to chart their pro games to see if anything changes, but if I were inclined to change things I'd probably drop Rosen to 3 based on what we saw.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Mayfield played 4 years in college.  Had best players around him his rookie season.  Very solid offensive line, almost 1000 yard rusher, excellent WR, TE and RB's.  I see him being a pretty consistent 64% completion %, 25 TD, 10 INT guy with limited yards running.  Very solid, 10 to 12 year starter.  Few Pro Bowl games and nice career.

Think Allen and Darnold could put up crazy Aaron Rogers stats based on potential.

Make it stop.

They all had pretty solid rookie seasons. Mayfield looks like the only sure thing right now though. It depends on what type of QB you like when ranking the others. Rosen probably had the worst rookie season of the bunch.

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

Interesting....take this for what you will:

That probably matches up with most QB evaluators.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Interesting....take this for what you will:

This isn't updated for this week yet. They've only graded 7 of today's games, and haven't graded Baker, Lamar, or Rosen yet. I assume it'll be the same order still but I'd guess the gap between Baker and Allen will be a little larger than that.

Before the season, I had them ranked, in terms of being ready to play this year:

1. Baker

2. Lamar

3. Rosen

4. Allen

5. Darnold

In terms of overall rankings, I had it:

1. Lamar

2. Darnold

3. Allen

4. Baker

5. Rosen

After seeing them all play this year, I'd probably go:

1A. Baker

1B. Lamar

3. Allen

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

Edited by DCOrange

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

This isn't updated for this week yet. They've only graded 7 of today's games, and haven't graded Baker, Lamar, or Rosen yet. I assume it'll be the same order still but I'd guess the gap between Baker and Allen will be a little larger than that.

Before the season, I had them ranked, in terms of being ready to play this year:

1. Baker

2. Lamar

3. Rosen

4. Allen

5. Darnold

In terms of overall rankings, I had it:

1. Lamar

2. Darnold

3. Allen

4. Baker

5. Rosen

After seeing them all play this year, I'd probably go:

1A. Baker

1B. Lamar

3. Allen

4. Darnold

5. Rosen

I don’t get the love for Lamar

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This Season

Mayfield

Allen

Darnold/Jackson

Rosen

Next Season

Mayfield/Allen

Darnold

Jackson

Rosen

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Allens QB rating was higher today then Rosen, Baker or Jackson and with 95 yards rushing and 2 rushing TD's I would think the QBR numbers (for what they're worth) will stay pretty much the same with Allen solidly in 2nd place.   

34 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Who are the "excellent" WRs? Landry is good for sure. Higgins is average. Callaway is hit or miss, but has potential. Perriman played well in spurts.  Yet Mayfield set the rookie TD record playing 13.5 games. Manning and Wilson who held the record played all 16. On a team that went 1-31 the last 2 years.

Edited by cle23

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Who are the "excellent" WRs? Landry is good for sure. Higgins is average. Callaway is hit or miss, but has potential. Perriman played well in sports.  Yet Mayfield set the rookie TD record playing 13.5 games. Manning and Wilson who held the record played all 16. On a team that went 1-31 the last 2 years.

It is nice to see the Browns finally have a QB that fans can be proud of.