New York Jets: HC Todd Bowles fired

Reed83HOF

13 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I really don't think Bowles is a terrible HC; it is their GM who blows

Yeah. When I look at that roster - particularly that QB situation before this season - it's hard to say that his teams underperformed. He is kind of a McDermott type - introverted, cerebral - but I guess McD's clappy hands at least show some outward energy. I'm not kidding here - Bowles just looked too passive, even though I fully believe he has a great deal of intensity behind the scenes.

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But did they fail cause of the change or just because they weren't that good? Losman and EJ were both viewed as reached in the middle of the 1st. Losman was also from a small school and not predicted to be great. Trent wasnt viewed as a franchise either coming into the league. And many viewed the turning point in his career when he had his bell rung

Losman I think couldve been a decent qb with some good coaching. He had some awful coordinators and jauron as his coach. I don't know what happened with Edwards. So much promise in 07 and the start of 08 until he got injured. Manuel Imo was just a bad 1st round pick. Looking back on it, he probably should've been a 4th round pick. It's crazy he was drafted in the 1st round 

Edited by Steptide

Bowles was a classic case of good coordinator/bad head coach. I understand he didn't have the talent to make the team a contender but that doesn't excuse the blunders with gameday management. Some guys can do it, some can't. McDermott still scares me in that regard.

He'll probably be back as a defensive coordinator somewhere and he'll probably do well again in that role. 

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah. When I look at that roster - particularly that QB situation before this season - it's hard to say that his teams underperformed. He is kind of a McDermott type - introverted, cerebral - but I guess McD's clappy hands at least show some outward energy. I'm not kidding here - Bowles just looked too passive, even though I fully believe he has a great deal of intensity behind the scenes.

The teams during the 4 years basically played at their level of talent. The GM spent a 2nd rounder on Hackenburg and has done nothing to inspire any level of confidence in his abilities. This franchise will end up firing the GM in 2-3 years and the new guy will want his own coach; they will then start over again...

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

My wildcard there is Brian Schottenheimer. Had a good relationship with people in the building when he was OC, has very much rehabilitated himself in Seattle this year. 

The Jets fans will hate it. They absolutely hate him from his time there. Which would make it hilarious if the Johnsons go that way. 

It would be the most Jetsy thing. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown