2021 playoffs - AFC Championship Allen v. Mayfield?

chaccof

13 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

By 2021 do you mean 2019?

No, I mean three seasons from now - figure next year both teams show promise, maybe one of them makes the playoffs but bow out before the championship game, next year they both make playoffs, neither advances to the championship, year three (2021) they face each other in the AFC championship....but look, if it can happen next year so much the better.  

2 hours ago, chaccof said:

Can anyone else envision the AFC Championship game in Orchard Park in late January, 2022 with Allen and Mayfield as the featured QB's?  Or could it be sooner than that?  

Absolutely.  Both teams I see only getting better.  Although a lot can happen between now and then

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I'd say next year is just as realistic as then. Look at the Bears. Look at the Eagles. The Rams. The Chiefs to a lesser extent. The Jags last year. 

5 year team building is down to 2 years now. 

Can we get the Bills into a division with the Pack and Vikes and Bucs all sucking to pave the way?

Dick Jauron went 13-3 with the Bears 

Man if Beane cleans up in FA and has another superb draft , we're instantly legit contenders in the AFC . I'm also anticipating Allen makes a jump in his play , which is common in year 2 . This team is going places , I can see it, can feel it.. I think we can be hosting a playoff game next year and once you're in, anything is possible. 

Not familiar enough with Clevelands cap situation , FAs , etc. They had a very good draft themselves with Dorsey but won't have the luxury of an abundance of picks and picking first in every round.

Very possible , that'd be awesome, both fan bases deserve it. Both teams are on the rise for sure

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, from_dunkirk said:

Naw, Allen vs. Mahomes.

Mayfield, Allen, Mahomes,  Darnold, Lamar....with  Luck,  Carr, Mariotta still in their prime....The AFC is going to have some terrific QBs for the next five years.

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Nice dream, but I need to see Allen completing at a 10% higher rate before I can even imagine this happening.

Folks around here are so desperate for a real QB, they are delirious with Allen lust.

Remember the OJ criminal trial or the nerve gas attack on a Tokyo subway?

Those were in 1995, last time this franchise won a playoff game.  

It's been a while.

Every season at least one team does surprisingly well and at least one team surprisingly bombs.

and surprisingly most fans cherry pick the fluke good team and pray their team can simply copy this success through imitation

i guess this really chafes because even in a sport that is totally committed to parity and hands the worst teams the best draft picks, the Bills couldn’t randomly fluke their way to a decent run for 20 years now....

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Mayfield, Allen, Mahomes,  Darnold, Lamar....with  Luck,  Carr, Mariotta still in their prime....The AFC is going to have some terrific QBs for the next five years.

The new generation starting to reveal itself. The AFC will be the big time conference moving forward.

20 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

The new generation starting to reveal itself. The AFC will be the big time conference moving forward.

Not sure about that.... it’s been way weaker overall since the Bradshaw Steelers came to a halt.