Josh Allen final numbers

Hebert19

2 hours ago, BlueandRed said:

I did join about 2 weeks ago. How did you know?!?!

Youre welcome.Youre not the first to say how invaluable my insite is.

If your insight was so great you would be talking about the original premise of the thread which was "Josh Allen's final numbers" THIS YEAR

But since you are projecting to next year.....and so are others......your insight is appreciated.....but not so great

It seems to me that Josh is following the Mitch T. model more so then other qbs......Mitch also struggled mighty in his first year with lack of weapons around him and protection......

but....he stuck with it.....lets see what happens

More TDs than turnovers, which should be all that anybody needs to see from a "project QB". Some of the responses here kill me. If he's not perfect, then he's not good apparently. He was the second best QB in the class this year, and certainly the best Josh.

Also, for you other degens out there, I read today that he put up more fantasy points than any other QB since week 12 which I thought was kind of insane. Kid is a freak, can't wait to see him again when he has another offseason under his belt and some new weapons.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

More TDs than turnovers, which should be all that anybody needs to see from a "project QB". Some of the responses here kill me. If he's not perfect, then he's not good apparently. He was the second best QB in the class this year, and certainly the best Josh.

Also, for you other degens out there, I read today that he put up more fantasy points than any other QB since week 12 which I thought was kind of insane. Kid is a freak, can't wait to see him again when he has another offseason under his belt and some new weapons.

My thought watching Josh Allen turned to:

"Do we finally have a QB that wide receivers would like to come here and play with?"

I think that answer is yes imagine what a GOOD playmaking wide receiver could do with these lasers that Josh Allen throws?

• Like (+1) 1

Would we be good with year end numbers next year from JA that are:

3074 yards passing

431 yards rushing

59% completion 

20 pass TDs

12 ints

6 rushing TDs

Along with a 10-6 record while making the playoffs!

I think this is a practical year 2 improvement for JA.

Progress across the board!

3 hours ago, BlueandRed said:

Conclusion: Josh has to improve tremendously next year to be considered legit. 

Uh, he already improved tremendously from the first half of the season to the second.  I'd say he needs to continue to improve but he's not that far away.  Already he is an exciting QB capable of winning with a better supporting cast.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

3074 yards passing

431 yards rushing

59% completion 

20 pass TDs

12 ints

6 rushing TDs

Actually, these passing numbers are probably selling him short. The fallacy with projecting his numbers over a full season, I think, is the needless consideration of his first stint as a starter prior to the injury when he clearly was not ready. The 6 games he played once coming back from the injury, I believe , form a better sample size of what to expect as a baseline heading into 2019.  That would put him around 3200-3300 passing yards.

Hopefully he improves with a full off-season and getting virtually all reps as the starter in camp next season. Also, hopefully the front office does a good job surrounding him with better play-makers. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Not bad for the "raw talent" that was least pro-ready of the big four. 

And his QBR is basically the same as Mayfield. This kid is going to do some special things in the years to come and when they add weapons to his arsenal, no one will be talking about his pass percentage anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

He did a good job checking down today, very decisive on the short throws that he's struggled with in the past. Needs heavy work there still, but he proved today he can do it. Obviously Allen is a big play machine, he just needs to be more of a technician. 

and that will come with experience and confidence.   He lacked confidence at the beginning of the season. the game was too big for him.  The injury helped him to take a back seat and look at the failures (and learn not what to do).   I am very hopeful

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

3074 yards passing

431 yards rushing

59% completion 

20 pass TDs

12 ints

6 rushing TDs

I’d be elated with that in Year 2

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I wanted Mayfield too but Josh will be the better of the two because of his physical abilities and intelligence.

Is Baker not intelligent? He's been audibling and changing plays for weeks now, and actually re-huddled the team a few weeks ago after seeing the defense and essentially drew up a play in huddle that scored a TD.

Allen is definitely more physically gifted, and has impressed me a lot this year, but don't act like he is definitely more football intelligent.

Allen looked great yesterday,  but that was the 1st game that I thought he looked like a good/great passer. So much of his success before that was based off of running, which never lasts for any QB. 

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Now show the other 4 rookies 

Surprise surprise, you show up in another thread to denigrate Allen.....  Stick to your recaps.....

We get it.....  You aren't sold on Allen (I don't follow the draft closely, so let me guess you wanted Rosen or Jackson and thought this was a disastrous pick).

I for one am excited about the Bills QB for the first time in ages and fingers crossed that the Bills recognize the travesty that is their offense and build one this year and that Allen will be a great QB.

Here's to hope!   

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Is Baker not intelligent? He's been audibling and changing plays for weeks now, and actually re-huddled the team a few weeks ago after seeing the defense and essentially drew up a play in huddle that scored a TD.

Allen is definitely more physically gifted, and has impressed me a lot this year, but don't act like he is definitely more football intelligent.

Allen looked great yesterday,  but that was the 1st game that I thought he looked like a good/great passer. So much of his success before that was based off of running, which never lasts for any QB. 

He didn't say that. He stated the combination of physical skills and intelligence. However, if he did, then would that really surprise you? This is a Bills message board.

Plus: It might be true.

12 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

In 11.5 games basically. 

2074 yards passing

631 yards rushing

53% completion 

10 pass TDs

12 ints

8 rushing TDs

Over 16 games that would be:

2765 yards passing

53 % completion

14 TDs passing

16 interceptions

11 rushing TDs

841 rushing yards

Things that jump out are the 11 rushing TDs.  Total yards of over 3600 and 25 total TDs and 18 turnovers.  

For a raw rookie...with no weapons...I will take it because worth the eyeball test of how he moves and the throws he can make...its only going to get better from here. 

I agree if you look at total yards and TD's it looks decent.  But what jumps out to me is 2765 passing yards as being awful low for NFL standards.   Moving forward he will need to get more though the air and less on the ground to stay healthy but I also think that will happen.  I like his leadership and win at all costs mentality.  They need more talent on offense so that will help and from watching the first 6 vs last 6 games he played there was a noticeable improvement so if he continues that we may have something.  

Here is something he and the line improved on from the beginning of the season....sacks against.    This was both due to Allen and the line improving.

First 6 games: 23 sacks.  

Last 6 games: 7 sacks

I am a guy that prides myself on watching a lot of college football.  I was against the Allen pick.  I would of took Rosen.  With that being said, after watching Allen play this year, I will admit I was wrong.  Allen's physical attributes are off the chart.  There is no other way to explain it.   He needs to clean up his short game a bit.  But that will come.  Just watching Boomer & Gio & they both said this guy's attitude is ridiculous.  3rd & 22, he is going to throw a missle 40 yards down the field.  Sims was on there & he said that he reviewed all of Allen's senior year.  He threw 12 screen passes all year.  Mayfield he said threw 88.  We got our guy, get him some weapons build up the defense a bit & we should be in for a fun ride next year.

• Like (+1) 2

Josh was a very raw QB coming out of college. McBeane did him absolutely no favors with the offensive line or wide receivers.  The scouting reports coming out of college were pretty accurate (no pun intended).

Here are his individual and season stats:

Josh's Individual and Season Stats

It was a fairly up and down season but one with enough good to be hopeful. Yesterday's game was a great game to end the season (notwithstanding that one pass).  A game like yesterday's game and the Vikings game illustrate what the upside can be.  

I also love Josh's attitude and the way he has embraced Buffalo.  It is very easy to root for the kid . . . even though I was not particularly excited about the pick or all we gave up to get the pick.  I still have some concerns, but I am excited to see what he can do with a decent offensive line, better WRs, and a better running game.

To put things in perspective, here are EJ's stats including his rookie year:

EJ's Stats Including Rookie Year

Do with these what you will.  I am including them for some additional perspective.

P.S. This might sound funny but one of the passes that I was most impressed with was the one to Kyle.  It was a nice touch pass. He is the kind of guy who has a reputation for making throws that few people can make but sometimes not being able to make throws that most people can make.  This pass showed a perfect appreciation for the situation. Of course, there were other passes that showed his unique skills, but this one also showed some growth to me.

Edited by Peter

Josh has shown a lot of progress over the season.  I think we have a realistic shot at a 10 win season if he continues to play as well as he has over the last 6 games and makes the following improvements:

1. Improved O-Line (via FA/Draft).  Better protection in passing plays and improved blocking for McCoy/potential replacement.

2. Add a TE/WR via high draft picks and FA.  The first half of the season featured what could arguably be the worst receiver play since the early '80s.  Too many dropped passes.

3. Accuracy.  Off-season/Pre-season work with a solidified and improved WR corp should help get Josh familiar with the speed and routes of his receivers.

4. Head scratching plays need to be eliminated.  Know when to take a sack and not throw blind awkward backhanded passes in an attempt to avoid a loss.

5. Don't let Dabol go.  I believe he is the key to the development of Josh.

6. With improved line play and run blocking, fewer improvised runs by Josh and more yards/td's through the air and better completion percentage.

I would expect that Josh should be able to get the following numbers in 2019:

3000+ passing yards.

400-500 rushing yards.

25 TD's passing

5 TD's rushing

60% completion 

12 ints

10-6 with division championship.

Well I for one don’t want to be short-sighted nor overly optimistic, but I will say this...

Josh went to his first training camp as the Number 3 QB on the team. He only got to work with the Ones in late August. He spent most of his camp playing with scrubs and PS level players. Nate Peterman got more time with the Ones as did the “veteran” backup we sent packing. 

This year that’s not going to happen. Josh is THE Franchise QB of The Bills. It’s HIS Offense and HIS Team. That is an incontrovertible truth. 

He’ll get the benefit of the off-season fitness training and more intensive coaching throughout the off-season, and the entire training camp and Pre-season. He’s THE Bills #1 QB. End of story. 

Its hard to conceive absent injury how he would not improve by a lot next season. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Peter said:

Josh was a very raw QB coming out of college. McBeane did him absolutely no favors with the offensive line or wide receivers.  The scouting reports coming out of college were pretty accurate (no pun intended).

Here are his individual and season stats:

Josh's Individual and Season Stats

It was a fairly up and down season but one with enough good to be hopeful. Yesterday's game was a great game to end the season (notwithstanding that one pass).  A game like yesterday's game and the Vikings game illustrate what the upside can be.  

I also love Josh's attitude and the way he has embraced Buffalo.  It is very easy to root for the kid . . . even though I was not particularly excited about the pick or all we gave up to get the pick.  I still have some concerns, but I am excited to see what he can do with a decent offensive line, better WRs, and a better running game.

To put things in perspective, here are EJ's stats including his rookie year:

EJ's Stats Including Rookie Year

Do with these what you will.  I am including them for some additional perspective.

P.S. This might sound funny but one of the passes that I was most impressed with was the one to Kyle.  It was a nice touch pass. He is the kind of guy who has a reputation for making throws that few people can make but sometimes not being able to make throws that most people can make.  This pass showed a perfect appreciation for the situation. Of course, there were other passes that showed his unique skills, but this one also showed some growth to me.

There is much to be optimistic about with Josh Allen. Just as an aside: The statistics of EJ Manuel or any other QB in the history of the NFL have absolutely no relevance to Josh Allen and offer no meaningful perspective to his play as a QB.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

There is much to be optimistic about with Josh Allen. Just as an aside: The statistics of EJ Manuel or any other QB in the history of the NFL have absolutely no relevance to Josh Allen and offer no meaningful perspective to his play as a QB.

They do if we are comparing one QB's performance to another.

It is funny how you responded to my post where I wrote that I was excited to see what Josh could do, but you somehow want to inoculate Josh from any comparison to our prior "franchise" QB.