Why take a knee with over a minute left?

Rebel101

56 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I never said he’d be a great QB.  I am a huge Wyoming fan and saw every snap he took in college.  I was merely trying to educate people who had no idea what they were talking about with respect to his college career.  It still annoys me when people say things like “he wasn’t even good in college,” etc.

Good luck on educating millions of people you will never meet, about extremely flimsy opinions that have little bearing on life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

In any competitive sport it's called sportsmanship, have you never played a team competitive sport where your coach doesn't want to embarrass the other team any more than they need to?

No I played baseball, basketball and football competitively into adult age and the younger generation was worried about making everyone happy and giving them all a trophy it is a professional team and non other would give us that respect. You try to score until the other team stops you. You don’t let up that’s how you lose and it’s soft and the coach is showing he doesn’t have a killer instinct which is very much needed in professional sports

9 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I don’t think McDermott is one to run up the score. 

No killer instinct which isn’t good

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

No I played baseball, basketball and football competitively into adult age and the younger generation was worried about making everyone happy and giving them all a trophy it is a professional team and non other would give us that respect. You try to score until the other team stops you. You don’t let up that’s how you lose and it’s soft and the coach is showing he doesn’t have a killer instinct which is very much needed in professional sports

Just stop it.  This was a unique situation where the game was in hand and they wanted to honor a guy that gave 13 years to the team.

6 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

some posters on here sure live interesting lives.

• Haha (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

You're right. At 42-17 with 1:21 left in the game, they sure could have used those 3 insurance points. Thank God it didn't come back to bite them....

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

They could have simply kicked the field goal, then they would be on defense after the  kick off (or miss, given House Money's recent slump).

Why - did they need the points? 

Did you need to take a chance on a blocked kick or a kick-off rather than just kneeling down?

The Goal was to get the defense out and have them a long distance away and to give Kyle on last hurrah.  The kneel down was just fine.

30 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You're right. At 42-17 with 1:21 left in the game, they sure could have used those 3 insurance points. Thank God it didn't come back to bite them....

Maybe Rebel had 5 & 7 in the 100 square pool  ?

As already stated, it was to get KW back on the field

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

How hard do people look for ways to criticize?  Exhibit one is this thread.

There is 0% chance that the game would have been lost.  If the fins could have won, it would not have been done.  

Why is this concept so difficult?

Ask anyone who doesn’t cheer for this team...

:(

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

There’s killer instinct and there’s being bush league. If you really did play competitive sports you should know the difference. Or you just had ***hole coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Do you hunt, too?

If you shoot a deer and find it dead, do you keep shooting it until you're out of bullets simply because you had them to shoot?

The Dolphins were already "dead."  The "killing" had been done.

• Haha (+1) 1

This isn't college where you get style points. Would have been bad form to do anything other than what they did. The game was over.

Maybe you approach it different if Miami starts calling timeouts. They didn't.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

So you've played 3 team sports and played until adult age yet you still question why our HC isn't piling on more points in a blowout win? 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

In any competitive sport it's called sportsmanship, have you never played a team competitive sport where your coach doesn't want to embarrass the other team any more than they need to?

So long as we don't hold back on ****ing Belicheck who ran up the score like a jackwagon many a times on us. Dude has it coming. 4th down Quarterback sneak up 20 on the opponents 5 with 3 minutes left? Sure why not. It's Bill Belicheck and the Patriots.

What's a field goal when he knows he can get another Brady to Moss TD for no reason other than break the record.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This isn't college where you get style points. Would have been bad form to do anything other than what they did. The game was over.

Maybe you approach it different if Miami starts calling timeouts. They didn't.

what style points?

Bama has kicked the living crap out of everyone it has faced.

Just now, row_33 said:

what style points?

Bama has kicked the living crap out of everyone it has faced.

Computer models take things like point differential into account, so college teams have an incentive to "run up the score." Bama, however, could probably get a TD without trying.

16 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

They could have simply kicked the field goal, then they would be on defense after the  kick off (or miss, given House Money's recent slump).

Teans dont run up the score by kicking a fg when the game was decided.

they also wanted to get Kyle vacj on the field for a send off.