Why take a knee with over a minute left?

Rebel101

Just now, Rebel101 said:

Why did the Bills decide to give the ball back to the Dolphins? McDermott didn’t want to hurt feelings?

He wanted to get offense off the field so Kyle could go back on defense and get a final curtain call during the time out. It waa a classy move and show,of respect to KW

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

They could have simply kicked the field goal, then they would be on defense after the  kick off (or miss, given House Money's recent slump).

I don’t think it’s a slump. It seems like Hauschka’s been kicking with a bad hip from the blind cheap shot by Anderson in the Jets game. Presumably that’s why he can’t get the ball through the end zone on kickoffs in addition to repeatedly coming up short on 40 yarders. 

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 2

Coach McDermott was asked about the kneel down/ time out in his press conference. He admitted it was to get the defense on the field, so he could call a T.O. and  Kyle could get a standing ovation. Great tribute to a great player.  Thankfully this was handled properly. I remember the Wood presser. What a fiasco.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

They could have simply kicked the field goal, then they would be on defense after the  kick off (or miss, given House Money's recent slump).

I don’t think McDermott is one to run up the score. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

It was obviously to get KW a standing ovation but it was definitely the first time I had ever seen an offense kneel with enough time left that they would turn the ball over.  McDermott knew what he was doing.

Weren't you the one saying Allen would be a great QB two years ago? 

If so great call and much respect.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I never said he’d be a great QB.  I am a huge Wyoming fan and saw every snap he took in college.  I was merely trying to educate people who had no idea what they were talking about with respect to his college career.  It still annoys me when people say things like “he wasn’t even good in college,” etc.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1