Any Vikings followers?

Virgil

38 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But all the experts here say its Cousins, he is the problem.........

Defense was first in points allowed last year and they slipped but only to 7th.  Still top ten. Offense slipped from top ten (10 th )to16th. Middle of the pack. That’s exactly what Cousins is. 

The Vikings' season this year is why you can't make judgments about how good or bad a team is going to be, or how good or bad a win/loss is, based on what a team did in the preceding year. 

Big ups and downs from year to year are common in the NFL.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

So both sides slipped about 7 spots back?

About that. That’s through week 16 of course. Today’s offensive output was 13 points below their season average and the defense gave up 3 points above their average One is still a top unit. The other is now run of the mill. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

About that. That’s through week 16 of course. Today’s offensive output was 13 points below their season average and the defense gave up 3 points above their average One is still a top unit. The other is now run of the mill. 

That was also against a defence that's been shutting down some of the top scoring offences this year....

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

That was also against a defence that's been shutting down some of the top scoring offences this year....

Yep the Bears D is legit. Just stating today’s numbers because they weren’t part of the ones I posted. I think Cousins is an average QB that puts up some numbers but doesn’t win a whole lot. Others may disagree. 

Just now, Protocal69 said:

So I guess the Eagles back there way into the playoffs

I don’t think the Eagles backed into the playoffs. They won their last two games. Backing in would mean losing but getting in due to results of other games. They did what they needed to do to get in by winning. 

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yep the Bears D is legit. Just stating today’s numbers because they weren’t part of the ones I posted. I think Cousins is an average QB that puts up some numbers but doesn’t win a whole lot. Others may disagree. 

I don’t think the Eagles backed into the playoffs. They won their last two games. Backing in would mean losing but getting in due to results of other games. They did what they needed to do to get in by winning. 

Nice try. They only got in because Minn lost. The Bills caught ***** because they basically did the same thing. I don’t hear no one talking the same about the Eagles

Edited by Protocal69

3 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Nice try. The only got in because Minn lost

Cool, but that’s not backing in. They had to win this week and last to have a chance. Minnesota didn’t get in because they couldn’t beat the Bills. If the Vikings lost to the Bears, but got in because PHL lost, that would fit the definition of backing in to the playoffs. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Cool, but that’s not backing in. They had to win this week and last to have a chance. Minnesota didn’t get in because they couldn’t beat the Bills. 

Oh so I guess it was ONLY because they couldn’t beat the Bills. The point of the matter is the Eagles got in this year the same way the Bills got in last year.

3 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Oh so I guess it was ONLY because they couldn’t beat the Bills. The point of the matter is the Eagles got in this year the same way the Bills got in last year.

So what ? The Bills didn’t back into the playoffs last year. They won their game and things fell into place. Anyone who said the Bills backed in last year was ( and is) wrong. Doesn’t fit the definition. I don’t recall anyone on the networks or ESPN, NFLN et al saying the Bills backed in last year. Yes, it’s largely because MIN couldn’t beat the Bills. If they won that game they’re in the playoffs. The Bears are a better team than the Vikings so I’d expect them to lose that game. But losing to the Bills in Josh Allen’s third game or whatever? They don’t belong in the playoffs this year. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

What exactly happened this season?   From how they played last year to finishing 8-7-1, I’m honestly asking.  

I figured they’d be at least a 1 or 2 seed.  

I feel like we played on fire against them, but maybe last year was the fluke?

1. Shurmur >>>>>> DeFilipo as OC.

2. Significant injuries on both sides of the ball - most significant on OL and DL.  2 starters on each side of the line IIRC

3. A bit of feeling entitlement and a bit of stronger schedule overall

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

The Viks D was a shell of what it was last year. D is the biggest difference from last year to this hands down, giving up almost 100 more pts this year.

That....and this....

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Parity happened...Having to play a 1st Place Schedule happened.

Vikings had loses to:

@Rams, @Patriots, @Seahawks, @Bears, Bears, Saints

....and maybe most of all, this.....

32 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The Vikings' season this year is why you can't make judgments about how good or bad a team is going to be, or how good or bad a win/loss is, based on what a team did in the preceding year. 

Big ups and downs from year to year are common in the NFL.

The mouth breathers will immediately scream it's all Cousins, but there are a lot of factors that go into a team being successful or not during a season.  Some years everything just falls into place, other years not so much.  Their D clearly took a big step back, and they ran into a brutal schedule that wouldn't have looked as hard last year.   And let's not forget they needed a fluke play to beat NO last year. 

I am kinda pissed at them for collapsing though, I was really enjoying the Eagles not making the playoffs this year for 16 weeks.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

That....and this....

....and maybe most of all, this.....

The mouth breathers will immediately scream it's all Cousins, but there are a lot of factors that go into a team being successful or not during a season.  Some years everything just falls into place, other years not so much.  Their D clearly took a big step back, and they ran into a brutal schedule that wouldn't have looked as hard last year.   And let's not forget they needed a fluke play to beat NO last year. 

I am kinda pissed at them for collapsing though, I was really enjoying the Eagles not making the playoffs this year for 16 weeks.

Damn, the Eagles stayed the evil empire in LII. That qualifies them for demigod status, even though I wanted them to lose to HOU as it would relegate NE to the wildcard route. Once that happened though, better them than say, a Vikings team that wouldn’t stand a chance against NE should the unthinkable happen. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Damn, the Eagles stayed the evil empire in LII. That qualifies them for demigod status, even though I wanted them to lose to HOU as it would relegate NE to the wildcard route. Once that happened though, better them than say, a Vikings team that wouldn’t stand a chance against NE should the unthinkable happen. 

My fear is the Eagles could upset NO or LA.....or Chicago next week.  

Just now, KD in CA said:

My fear is the Eagles could upset NO or LA.....or Chicago next week.  

They could. Great thing is, they’ve already proven they can beat New England if need be. I sure hope it doesn’t come to that though. CHI has a great defense for sure, but I don’t trust Trubisky to take the Lombardi. Not yet, anyway. 

I have a good friend from MN.  Huge Viking fan.  Yes the defense slipped a bit but overall was good enough.

The biggest problem was the offensive line.  They were atrocious.  Could generate no running game which put more pressure on the passing game.  Problem was Cousins was terrorized back there, like we saw in Buffalo.

Still he threw for 30 TD’s.  He tells me, they’ll be fine once they improve the line

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

What exactly happened this season?   From how they played last year to finishing 8-7-1, I’m honestly asking.  

I figured they’d be at least a 1 or 2 seed.  

I feel like we played on fire against them, but maybe last year was the fluke?

They should have stuck with Keenum.  That Offense had great chemistry.   Going for Cousins ruined it.

• Like (+1) 1