Bills 2018 Studs and Duds

BillsFan130

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Again I would say more of an unsung contributor as he didn’t even suit up for a few games.

But I see where you are coming from. Definitely was a pleasant surprise, especially in the 2nd half of the year

Agree to disagree. Kid found his hands to match his feet the last 6 games. He keeps that up and he could be just what a big arm qb needs to keep d’s honnest. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

How is Josh Allen not in the "stud" category

He IS our offense.....if he does not make it then no offensive player should make it

From schoop and bulldog to the buf news to a bunch of posters here, the bar of success seems to be the very best of any QB in the league.  He has read defenses and react like Brady, move in the pocket like Aaron Rogers and have Drew Brees pinpoint passing precision.  Anything short of that is a "huge problem" that he must correct.  Apparently putting up 42 points with a direct hand in 5 TDs just doesn't cut it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

He IS our offense.....if he does not make it then no offensive player should make it

He just misses IMO. The bar should be set high for that position. He was unbelievable running the ball this year. Stud for sure. But the QB position is a lot more than that as we know. Depending on how he develops in the off-season, we might look back at his rookie year and see that he had set career highs in rushing yards and TDs his first season. And that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Although, given the fact that he missed about 5 games I wouldn't be shocked to see him reach or surpass these numbers again.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Edit....I just realize you have no offensive players on the "Studs" sorry

Fair point.

I love Allen. Just didn’t include him as he missed lots of time and he had a few bad games.

But I do really like him as I think the Bills have found their franchise guy

Edited by BillsFan130

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

From schoop and bulldog to the buf news to a bunch of posters here, the bar of success seems to be the very best of any QB in the league.  He has read defenses and react like Brady, move in the pocket like Aaron Rogers and have Drew Brees pinpoint passing precision.  Anything short of that is a "huge problem" that he must correct.  Apparently putting up 42 points with a direct hand in 5 TDs just doesn't cut it. 

We are talking about studs for the entire 2018 season. If this was studs for one game, of course he would make the list.

11 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Studs: Hughes, Tre White, Hyde, Poyer, Milano, Hauschka (before injury)

Duds: Benjamin, O-Line minus Dawkins, McCoy (I get his o line didn’t help him much)

Who do you got?

Great post, I think Poyer took a step back this year. He's had a few rough games. He was definitely more consistently solid last year. 

I would put Allen in as a stud. He is our offense. 

What is your opinion on Lawson? I think he had a pretty good year.