2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Let’s make a wager shall we?  Loser changes their avatar to Brady for a week?

And I probably am wrong.  No one seems to be able to figure it out.  But I will say this, even Denver just tweeted that they are picking 10th.....

Now that's funny! It is a big mess, I admit. I hope you are right though.

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

If we don’t sign one in FA then I predict we draft Garrett Bradbury out of NCST. There’s a Beane connection here too.

Just a side note - my daughter goes to school with and is very good friends with his brother - has met Garrett and the family - good people all the way around.   Would be psyched if we drafted him.

Hey Virgil From the horses mouth:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.

PS what a handsome fella they have on the 'Assigning Draft Picks' rules. That fella looks like a franchise QB to me.

We know it is top 10.

Bleacher Report has us picking 10th:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813146-2019-nfl-draft-order-full-list-of-picks-for-every-team-after-week-17

But the NFL has only listed the top 8 now, not top 10:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006117/article/2019-nfl-draft-order-cardinals-own-top-pick-giants-to-take-qb

They say:

We'll have the rest of the order once the tie-breaking scenarios are confirmed, but here's how the top eight shakes out:

What is going on? How hard is to compute SOS???

3 hours ago, syhuang said:

Actually all these reports saying Bills picking 9th or 10th are correct because the ones saying 10th are based on all game results before IND/TEN game is concluded while the ones saying 9th is based on the assumption that IND/TEN doesn't end in a tie. At this moment (before IND/TEN game is ended), Bills' pick is 10th based on Bills having higher strength of schedule than Broncos. Currently Broncos' SOS is 133W/121L=0.5236 while Bills' SOS is 132W/120L=0.5238.

However, as long as IND/TEN game doesn't end in a tie, Bills' SOS then becomes 133W/121L, which is the same as Broncos. In this case, we go to the next tiebreakers and Bills in the end would get 9th pick due to worse strength of victory.

In other words, as long as IND/TEN game isn't a tie, Bills should get 9th pick.

bumping...this is the best post describing the outcome, for anyone still confused

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I fully expect this coaching staff/GM to surround our QB with veteran OL not another rookie along the OL, we already have a young Dawkins/Teller and i don't like the idea of another young buck trying to learn his way while getting our franchise QB dead. Give me Darry Williams from Carolina to handle the RT, give me Rodger Saffold from the Rams to handle the LG position, move Teller to RG, keep Bodine at C while drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round and your OL is in much better shape. What we really need is much needed pass rush, relying on old man Alexander and Hughes who hasn't had a double digit sack season since Super Mario was here isn't getting it done, at 9 were in prime position to land the defensive Josh Allen from Kentucky, he has Khalil Mack type of ability, he would be the edge rusher were sorely missing since Mario imo.

1. Cards

2. 49's

3. Jets

4. Raiders

5. TB

6. Giants

7. Jags

8. Lions

9. Bills

We are set at QB for now so we want as many teams as possible ahead of us in the draft to select a QB and let the non-QB players drop to us.  By my reasoning there are at least four teams set at QB ahead of us, Cards, 49's, Jets, and the Lions. 

The Raiders are a wild card. Who knows what Chucky is going to do?  He had words of encouragement for Carr last week but he might jump at a QB prospect if the right one comes along and they certainly have enough draft capital to move up in the draft order if he wants to.

TB is a wild card too.  With a new coach and Winston entering the last year of his rookie contract, this is the year the Bucs need to make a long term commitment to Winston if they are going to.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade him away and go fishing for a replacement.  This would be the best circumstance for the Bills because it adds another QB needy team ahead of us.

I think the Giants and Jags both go hard after a QB this year.  Eli is about finished and the Jags QB job is open.

At a minimum we will likely have at least two QBs go ahead of us, and maybe one more team who trades up to get a QB ahead of us if a third solid QB comes out of the Combine.  That would put us in the position of selecting the 6th non-QB off the board which is not a bad position. 

I wish there were more great QB prospects coming out of the college ranks this year to entice teams to trade up ahead of us and grab one.  There always seems to be one or two QB who wow at the Senior Bowl and the Combine who increase their draft stock significantly.  Lets hope a bunch of turning-pro college QBs blow the doors off everyone this off season, the Raiders ditch Carr, and the Bucs ditch Winston.  That would be the perfect scenario for us.

The more QBs selected ahead of us, the more value we have at our draft position.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I fully expect this coaching staff/GM to surround our QB with veteran OL not another rookie along the OL, we already have a young Dawkins/Teller and i don't like the idea of another young buck trying to learn his way while getting our franchise QB dead. Give me Darry Williams from Carolina to handle the RT, give me Rodger Saffold from the Rams to handle the LG position, move Teller to RG, keep Bodine at C while drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round and your OL is in much better shape. What we really need is much needed pass rush, relying on old man Alexander and Hughes who hasn't had a double digit sack season since Super Mario was here isn't getting it done, at 9 were in prime position to land the defensive Josh Allen from Kentucky, he has Khalil Mack type of ability, he would be the edge rusher were sorely missing since Mario imo.

This scenario is legit and I could see it (regardless of who is drafted) regarding the OL.......Beane may VERY well go free agent route on offensive linemen.......

My fear on that is the money we would out on Langston Walker and Derek Dockery in the past....which was a disaster

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not one QB is going in that top 8.

The Jags can trade back and get a QB later.

That's one trade down I can see happening.  

Hey Big Blitz, I'd bet you a hamburger you're wrong.  Every year a couple of QBs become the pick of the litter and teams start to jockey for them.  This year won't be any different.  At least two QBs will go ahead of us.

There really is only one QB in the top 9 right now that’s Haskins if he comes out and Gil Brandt says he is..the Jags will go the vet route and see if someone like a Foles comes available... I think most teams stand pat and wait for the stacked 2020 class which included the likes of Tua, Justin Herbert, and Jake Fromm

32 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

1. Cards

2. 49's

3. Jets

4. Raiders

5. TB

6. Giants

7. Jags

8. Lions

9. Bills

We are set at QB for now so we want as many teams as possible ahead of us in the draft to select a QB and let the non-QB players drop to us.  By my reasoning there are at least four teams set at QB ahead of us, Cards, 49's, Jets, and the Lions. 

The Raiders are a wild card. Who knows what Chucky is going to do?  He had words of encouragement for Carr last week but he might jump at a QB prospect if the right one comes along and they certainly have enough draft capital to move up in the draft order if he wants to.

TB is a wild card too.  With a new coach and Winston entering the last year of his rookie contract, this is the year the Bucs need to make a long term commitment to Winston if they are going to.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade him away and go fishing for a replacement.  This would be the best circumstance for the Bills because it adds another QB needy team ahead of us.

I think the Giants and Jags both go hard after a QB this year.  Eli is about finished and the Jags QB job is open.

At a minimum we will likely have at least two QBs go ahead of us, and maybe one more team who trades up to get a QB ahead of us if a third solid QB comes out of the Combine.  That would put us in the position of selecting the 6th non-QB off the board which is not a bad position. 

I wish there were more great QB prospects coming out of the college ranks this year to entice teams to trade up ahead of us and grab one.  There always seems to be one or two QB who wow at the Senior Bowl and the Combine who increase their draft stock significantly.  Lets hope a bunch of turning-pro college QBs blow the doors off everyone this off season, the Raiders ditch Carr, and the Bucs ditch Winston.  That would be the perfect scenario for us.

The more QBs selected ahead of us, the more value we have at our draft position.

this QB draft is horrible not sure even two go top ten.

But maybe there is some other players someone wants to trade up for that could be options for us. That said im happy with were we are at and hope we get OT Jonah Williams.

Beane will try Free Agency first, but they need a minimum of three OL replacements (C, G and T .).. Guys like Saffold will be in huge demand..

If he can’t get them all in FA then he better be utilising high draft picks because Allen can’t have the same situation next season as he has had to deal with this year..

• Like (+1) 1