2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

If the players grade out closely , other factors such as need come in. If a player remains on the board that you have graded much higher than the others you take him. Maybe even move up. Unless that player is an RB and it’s the first round. I’ve never loved the term BPA as it’s usually a massive oversimplification. 

1 hour ago, Manther said:

I agree with that.

I think how teams address a glaring need is to move around the board to line that need up with BPA unless some player is rated much higher than the slot the team is in then they will likely take thay upgrade.

We did that last year with Edmonds.  

Edited by formerlyofCtown

27 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If the players grade out closely , other factors such as need come in. If a player remains on the board that you have graded much higher than the others you take him. Maybe even move up. Unless that player is an RB and it’s the first round. I’ve never loved the term BPA as it’s usually a massive oversimplification. 

Yes! I have made this point several times in the past but you do it more succinctly . Thank you. It’s a sliding scale. Need, all other things  considered, does, indeed, factor in ...in a significant way. 

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I believe it comes down to a coin flip

Last time Denver picked one pick before Buffalo in the top 10 they got Von Miller, Buffalo got MD.

I hope we win that coin flip...

According to BuffaloRumblings, who said they spoke with someone at the NFL, it won't come down to a coin flip and it's officially going to be 9th

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Beach said:

this thread has had the number changed a few times, maybe the word that needs to be changed is "officially"

In fairness, it was originally posted as 9th. I wasn’t the one who changed it 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Wrong...as long as the Ind/Ten  game isn't a tie we are 9

No, you are wrong. The NFL cannot be wrong. They are the horse's mouth.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

NFL.com deleted their tweet.  So yes, they were wrong 

No, you are wrong. The article is still there:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006117/article/2019-nfl-draft-order-cardinals-own-top-pick-giants-to-take-qb

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

In fairness, it was originally posted as 9th. I wasn’t the one who changed it 

But that was wrong.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, from_dunkirk said:

No, you are wrong. The NFL cannot be wrong. They are the horse's mouth.

No, you are wrong. The article is still there:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006117/article/2019-nfl-draft-order-cardinals-own-top-pick-giants-to-take-qb

Let’s make a wager shall we?  Loser changes their avatar to Brady for a week?

And I probably am wrong.  No one seems to be able to figure it out.  But I will say this, even Denver just tweeted that they are picking 10th.....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Let’s make a wager shall we?  Loser changes their avatar to Brady for a week?

And I probably am wrong.  No one seems to be able to figure it out.  But I will say this, even Denver just tweeted that they are picking 10th.....

It's all good Virgil.  Some sites are showing the "current" standings with the current SOS and others are doing the probable.

It seems most know the SOS will change and they show the Bills at 9.