2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

23 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I agree, but I can’t see the logic in using a top 10 pick on a CB when the Bills already have Tre White.  I know White has two? years left on his rookie deal and they could get another top CB on a rookie deal for 4 years, but you know that they could not keep both long-term.

The Bills have done this previously when they had Antoine Winfield and then drafted Nate Clements.  For sure Clements was good, but ultimately they let Winfield go to FA and he played very well for several more years and then the Bills lost Clements in FA as well.

I don’t want them to reach, but there are only a few premium positions that a team can budget for - QB, DE, LT, maybe 1 WR, a lockdown CB.  I am not saying that other positions are not important, but ideally find a top prospect at a position that, if he pans out, you can justify paying after his rookie deal.

One of those positions that you pay is CB. I have no issue paying 2 of them given the rising cap and increasing rate of teams using 3, 4, and 5 WRs 

57 minutes ago, Pablocruise said:

Oh,good one ,like that hurts . You have not said ANY thing that is unique,enlightening or definitive.  We all are aware of the Bills needs, plus their draft and cap resources. There are several ways to go, various combinations of draft picks and free agents. Too early to predict who will be available 

You asked me what I would do.  Now I have to say something unique, enlightening or definitive?  Bwhahahahaha.  Sorry, it’s january 1st and I don’t have my offseason plans complete yet.  

You said it yourself, it’s too early to predict who would be available, yet I’m supposed to have my entire offseason game plan out together?  Ok bud.

55 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

A Superbowl the Bills are involved in? I think there's an easy answer to that question.

Of course we all want them IN the game, but since I’ve seen them there in person once (Minneapolis for the Redskins), I’d take the draft experience. Besides, I was not the good luck charm they needed in Minny! 

59 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

We're talking about the remnants of the Doug Whaley/Rex Ryan Bills.  That means we have to hit in FA and the draft to make a dramatic improvement. 

Are there jumbo shrimp in the draft room?

Sure! If you bring them. It’s like a tailgate, BYOB and BYOJS. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If we do that and trade down who do you like?

I think that is wide receiver area

Maybe. The mocks are all over the place regarding the WR's and it seems like there's gonna be quite a few available in rounds 2-4. I'd rather take Little at 9 if he's available. Not a big Jonah Williams fan. Don't see Greedy Williams lasting that long and it was purely hypothetical.

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Looks to me like a technician who'll hold up pretty well in pass pro. I don't think he's gonna be a particularly good run blocker and I'd rather take someone like Little who has the ability to smash DE's into submission. That's what I loved about having an LT like Cordy Glenn.

Edited by LSHMEAB

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Looks to me like a technician who'll hold up pretty well in pass pro. I don't think he's gonna be a particularly good run blocker and I'd rather take someone like Little who has the ability to smash DE's into submission.

You are entitled to your opinion....my reasons to like him are

301 is not gonna be where he is gonna end up in weight.....he will probably end up at 315 to 320.....

He i a polished pass protector......bought the house and now we gotta buy the insurance no?

He was a very good run blocker in college.....not sure why we should expect him not to be one in the NFL?

He is VERSY......played all the line positions in college....that might not seem like a big thing now....but but I bet the coaches like McD sure like it

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What's with all the p***ing matches started by Johnny Come Lately posters? 

Blah,blah,blah

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

You asked me what I would do.  Now I have to say something unique, enlightening or definitive?  Bwhahahahaha.  Sorry, it’s january 1st and I don’t have my offseason plans complete yet.  

You said it yourself, it’s too early to predict who would be available, yet I’m supposed to have my entire offseason game plan out together?  Ok bud.

Get some rest,its gonna be a busy off-season

47 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not a chance he'll be available unfortunately. That was my guy.

I really like Josh Allen as well.  Fortunately, this draft class has quite a few of these Edge/hybrid types, ie: Burns from FSU.

Who do you have as your 2nd pass rusher, assuming Bosa is gone too?