2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

52 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

I really like Josh Allen as well.  Fortunately, this draft class has quite a few of these Edge/hybrid types, ie: Burns from FSU.

Who do you have as your 2nd pass rusher, assuming Bosa is gone too?

Technically third considering Bosa and Allen will be gone, but it would be Ferrell. I can tell you who I DON'T like and that's Rashan Gary. I'm a Michigan fan so I've watched him all season. Just not particularly explosive and I don't see him as an impact player at the next level.

Haven't watched many FSU games so I don't have any thoughts good or bad on Burns.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Someone refresh me on the value of a pick in the top 10?  I know a first round has the 5th year option but isn't there something for a top 10, as well?

Correct.  5th-year option is an average of the top 10 prior year salaries.  Outside of top 10, I believe an average of the next  15 salaries.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Looks to me like a technician who'll hold up pretty well in pass pro. I don't think he's gonna be a particularly good run blocker and I'd rather take someone like Little who has the ability to smash DE's into submission. That's what I loved about having an LT like Cordy Glenn.

Maulers are nice but He is a good run blocker and never gives up sacks. I will take that.

16 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I agree, but I can’t see the logic in using a top 10 pick on a CB when the Bills already have Tre White.  I know White has two? years left on his rookie deal and they could get another top CB on a rookie deal for 4 years, but you know that they could not keep both long-term.

The Bills have done this previously when they had Antoine Winfield and then drafted Nate Clements.  For sure Clements was good, but ultimately they let Winfield go to FA and he played very well for several more years and then the Bills lost Clements in FA as well.

I don’t want them to reach, but there are only a few premium positions that a team can budget for - QB, DE, LT, maybe 1 WR, a lockdown CB.  I am not saying that other positions are not important, but ideally find a top prospect at a position that, if he pans out, you can justify paying after his rookie deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-21768/

Actually, Tre White is eligible for the 5th year option if the Bills choose to use that option on him since he was a 1st rd pick, so they actually have him under contract for 3 more years assuming they choose to exercise their option on him...

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is it official that they are picking 9 yet?

Im hoping this can get dragged out to a possible draft day coin toss with Denver and then the loser saying  “ 2 out of 3”..

Yes, it is official.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, the skycap said:

They NEED a DT. Remember the Patriots game.

Great Defenses stop the run first and usually average under 100 ypg. The Bills were middle of the pack here at 115 ypg.  I would be happy to see them go DT. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TPS said:

Great Defenses stop the run first and usually average under 100 ypg. The Bills were middle of the pack here at 115 ypg.  I would be happy to see them go DT. 

Agreed.  The Bills were top 10 in run defense prior to the NE game, but of course, that counts.  Their run defense was much better this year than last.  

On 12/30/2018 at 6:18 PM, wppete said:

Jonah Williams or Ed Oliver. 

Jets and Giants will beat us to both perhaps

On 1/1/2019 at 6:35 PM, dabills21 said:

Great game by Josh Allen, DE Kentucky today, vs Penn St.

I think he will be in consideration at 9, if he's still available.  

Could be our guy if aOTs are gone

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

Jets and Giants will beat us to both perhaps

I think you are right. If that happens and a QB goes to either NYG or JAX a very good Defensive player will drop to us. I wouldn’t be all the upset if we draft a LB/DE Josh Allen or CB Greedy Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1