2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hey Big Blitz, I'd bet you a hamburger you're wrong.  Every year a couple of QBs become the pick of the litter and teams start to jockey for them.  This year won't be any different.  At least two QBs will go ahead of us.

Lol I said THAT top 8.  Yes trades can happen but as of now with the QB class as it is ....not sure anyone will be itching to trade up.  Especially since there is so much elite D to be had in that top 5-7

17 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

For all you people wanting Jonah Williams, it is not going to happen. Most mocks have him going 3rd to the Jets. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2018/12/31/18157249/2019-nfl-mock-draft-cardinals-49ers-jets-nick-bosa-dwayne-haskins-quinnen-williams

The defensive talent will go first in this draft.....Jonah is not going 3rd.

but even if he did......Little (OT) is still a interesting prospect.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pablocruise said:

Will Oliver be there? Free agency dictates the draft and vice/versa. Bills dont have to reach

90+ million wont help address the OLine? Perhaps Beane prefers vets up front

You can't buy what isn't on the market.  And good OLmen don't come on the market very often for good reason.  OL is a place where continuity is important. 

Let's say we want to find a really good C as a FA.  Per Spotrac, candidates would include Ryan Kalil (Car), Brett Jones  and Nick Easton (Minn), Matt Paradis (Den) and Mitch Morse (KC). 

Ryan Kalil just retired.  Jones was the backup C for the Vikes and started the 1st 3 games when Elflein was out, but as soon as Elflein came back he took a seat.  Easton played guard on the Vikes good OL in 2017 and was IR'd all 2018 with a bulging disc in his neck.  So we're looking at two guys who got outplayed at the position on a totally Meh OL, one of whom is recovering from a very worrisome, often lingering, injury for a line player.  If Easton is healthy, I would expect the Vikes to re-sign him but as a LG, not a C.  Brett Jones would be a shot in the dark - he's been the backup C on two teams with crap OL (NYG and Vikes this year).

KC really likes Mitch Morse, but he took 6 weeks to recover from a concussion in Wk 6 this season, his 3rd concussion since 2015.  He's better than anyone else they have at center, so if they don't re-sign him - look very carefully under the hood, folks.  He might be one "bell ringing" away from the end of his career.

Matt Paradis, as I understand it, has become regarded as one of the top centers in the league.  Denver's OL was not "all that" this year, and Paradis ended the season on IR for a broken leg.  Again, look carefully under the hood if Denver does not re-sign him, but he seems like the most promising of the guys available.  But I would look for Denver to try to re-sign him, and they have reasonable cap space to do it.  If not, expect significant competition for his services.

So OK, you want to address the OL in FA?  Who ya gonna go after?

21 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

For all you people wanting Jonah Williams, it is not going to happen. Most mocks have him going 3rd to the Jets. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2018/12/31/18157249/2019-nfl-mock-draft-cardinals-49ers-jets-nick-bosa-dwayne-haskins-quinnen-williams

If there's one thing we should all have learned by now, it's that mock drafts (especially this early in the process) are almost uniformly incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes.  I shudder when I read about drafting a defender high.  We have got to, GOT TO, invest heavily in OL and offensive skill positions.

We need to pick up who we can in FA, but that won't be enough.  We must get at least one top OL talent in the draft.

What if we snag 4 offensive free agents and draft 8 offensive players? Get used to the idea of D being the first pick because it is most likely happening playa lol

28 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Well there ya have it.. SB Nation must know something nobody else does!  

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

What if we snag 4 offensive free agents and draft 8 offensive players? Get used to the idea of D being the first pick because it is most likely happening playa lol

Well, let's see.  At a minimum, we need 3 high-quality OLmen including a center, and a high quality WR.

Who are those 4 FA we're gonna "snag", playa lol?

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I didn’t read through the whole thread, but my son was saying that the difference between a win and a loss yesterday was just two spots. I’m glad they won. 

Is this confirmed?  I tried reading as much of this thread as I could to find the answer to this. 

2 minutes ago, bbb said:

Is this confirmed?  I tried reading as much of this thread as I could to find the answer to this. 

He said if they lost it would have been the 7th pick.  So if the Bills are really picking 10th, it's 3 spots.  But whatever.

I don’t understand the DK Metcalf love.  I know he is big and fast for his size,  but he has little college production and what production he had was mostly against poor competition.  He was not even the first receiving option on his own team - AJ Brown was - not to mention there is an injury issue also with Metcalf (neck)

I just can’t see WR being in play at pick 9 with this class.

i also can’t see OL being a possibility either unless Jonah Williams is there - and even then seems pretty high for a guy that more than a few thinks would be a Guard in the NFL.

At this time, it sure looks like defense is probably the pick barring a trade down.

Edited by OldTimer1960

13 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

With the Antonio Brown situation in Pittsburgh I say our 9th pick in the draft goes to the Steelers for Antonio Brown...

Pass.   Draft and keep your own   

AB, while good, was a mid- round pick.  

OBD will not accept a diva with a young QB!

14 minutes ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

With the Antonio Brown situation in Pittsburgh I say our 9th pick in the draft goes to the Steelers for Antonio Brown...

yes please.  Antonio-Foster-Zay would be great!  There is no WR worth 9 IMO.  And we could use a veteran such as AB on offense.  With all the talent on defense, and JuJu, I could see this trade going down