2019 NFL Draft: Bills officially picking 9th

Virgil

I dont think we are going to target a DT  or DE in round 1.  

Star isn't going anywhere. Harry needs and deserves more reps, Phillips has been great and deserves to be back. 

As for DE, yes both Murphy and Hughes are older but still effective and Shaq seems to have taken a step forward. Of the two id say DE is more likely but i still think we go a different direction. 

LB would be a luxury pick. Yes Lorax cant play forever but with Milano and Edmunds the top 2 spots are locked up anyways. 

RB in the first is a bad decision and there is no Saquon,  Gurley etc so it wont happen. 

Allen isn't being replaced obviously. 

Our two safeties are solid so i doubt we go there. 

TE is a huge need but i dont see any worthy of a top ten pick. Maybe on a trade back but i think Allen needs a vet TE not a rookie here. 

Our young DB's have played better but another  possible stud across from Tre would be great. Greedy Williams would be perfect but with the Bucs ahead of us not sure he falls to us. 

That leaves o line and WR. 

Mills is average and could use an upgrade.  The real issue on oline is the middle 3.  All three are well below average and need to be replaced. Teller has potential but needs time. Not quite stsrter material yet. I dont see any top ten G or C like last years Colts pick. Ideally we use some FA money on those three interior spots. 

WR. Foster to me is developing and right now there is nothing wrong with calling him a speedy #3. Zay is inconsistent but has shown some flashes as a possible slot #2. 

We truly lack a stud #1. To me its our biggest need and those guys dont become available at FA time. The issue is are there any potential #1 types near ten? Metcalfe? Maybe. 

So truly i only see a DB, T or more ideally a WR . 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The only thing that will bother me in round 1 is if we pick a defensive player. We do not need to do that. Fix the offense 

Go BPA no matter what side of the ball he plays on.  Reaching on a guy because of drafting for need rarely works out.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I literally don’t know what’s going on anymore.  

I trusted you twitter and you failed me

I think we still may draft @ 9. As of now we have a .01 advantage in regards to strength of schedule but I’m not sure that will be the case after tonight. The colts and the titans will play each other, we played both teams this year. That means one will have an extra win and the other an extra loss (.500).

Those two games need to be added to our strength of schedule which would leave us exactly tied with Denver. 

Edited by billvernsays

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I can live with that.

The Packers & Raiders have multiple picks in the first round, let's keep them in mind.

Is there a version where the Raiders take a QB and then trade up for a pass rusher? 

Or, if Josh Allen 2.0 is sitting there at 10, do the packers want him badly enough to give up both? 

Based off Buffalos most pressing needs on offense imo 10th is a great spot.  If any Wr emerges or the top Olineman would be in play.  With the lack of offensive talent I wouldn't be against trading it for a # 1.  Juilo or Beckham.

14 minutes ago, DJB said:

I dont think we are going to target a DT  or DE in round 1.  

Star isn't going anywhere. Harry needs and deserves more reps, Phillips has been great and deserves to be back. 

As for DE, yes both Murphy and Hughes are older but still effective and Shaq seems to have taken a step forward. Of the two id say DE is more likely but i still think we go a different direction. 

LB would be a luxury pick. Yes Lorax cant play forever but with Milano and Edmunds the top 2 spots are locked up anyways. 

RB in the first is a bad decision and there is no Saquon,  Gurley etc so it wont happen. 

Allen isn't being replaced obviously. 

Our two safeties are solid so i doubt we go there. 

TE is a huge need but i dont see any worthy of a top ten pick. Maybe on a trade back but i think Allen needs a vet TE not a rookie here. 

Our young DB's have played better but another  possible stud across from Tre would be great. Greedy Williams would be perfect but with the Bucs ahead of us not sure he falls to us. 

That leaves o line and WR. 

Mills is average and could use an upgrade.  The real issue on oline is the middle 3.  All three are well below average and need to be replaced. Teller has potential but needs time. Not quite stsrter material yet. I dont see any top ten G or C like last years Colts pick. Ideally we use some FA money on those three interior spots. 

WR. Foster to me is developing and right now there is nothing wrong with calling him a speedy #3. Zay is inconsistent but has shown some flashes as a possible slot #2. 

We truly lack a stud #1. To me its our biggest need and those guys dont become available at FA time. The issue is are there any potential #1 types near ten? Metcalfe? Maybe. 

So truly i only see a DB, T or more ideally a WR . 

I think this is a pretty good assessment of the situation. The wildcard is whether or not a wide receiver or offenseive lineman worthy of the  number 10 pic is there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1