Our coach...say what you want but he's a class act.

Hebert19

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Beane hasnt done much bad TBH

I didn't like the FA signings in 2018. That's largely where my skepticism comes from. As Teef alluded to, this off season will be crucial for Beane along with Allen's development. If he got the QB pick right and does a solid job with 90 mil and 10 picks, he'll silence all the doubters. Time will tell as they say.

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

First off.  I may be in minority but I think hes a hell of a coach.  This team has overacheived in my opinion based on the talent he has had to work with. 

Secondly.  He's a class act.  Hes got the back of his players and does all the right things for the organization from a human perspective.   He appreciates people like Kyle and McCoy who go above and beyond to be mentors.   

Like him or not.  Hes a good man.  

I have my issues with McD's (Beane's? both?) decision making, but I can't disagree with this. The most important fact: the team never gave up this year. I think was saw sporadic hard play by the Dolphins today, but sustained hard play by the Bills.

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It’s all about results.  It doesn’t matter if he is a class act.  Another 6-10 season and his class act a$$ may be kicked to the curb. 

If Beane doesn't find a way to mess up 10 draft picks and a zillion dollars in FA cap space, 10-6 is more likely.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You can tell he's insecure at times, he claps when he's nervous. Just hope McD realizes how awesome of a position he's in and there is very little chance we don't make the playoffs in 2019 unless he completely botches the draft and free agency. Should be no pressure on him at all.

Very little chance we miss playoffs next year?

Excuse me? 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Bill Cowler was commenting how impressed he is with him and how he's going to become a great coach.

Guess that makes me real happy we never did get Cowler to come here to coach as he must really be clueless if he thinks McD is a good coach as many on this board much more knowledgeable about the game than Bill Cowler is have already told us that McD is a terrible coach.  Who can argue with the experts around here?

Who's this Cowler and what does he know about football? Just busting your chops bud.

I like McDermott. Many of the statisticians who I generally agree with look at our point differential from 2017 as a negative. What I took away was that his teams found a way to win tight games. I feel like McDermott has won quite a few more one possession games than he's lost. The blowouts are a concern, but winning the 50/50 contests is not something I'm accustomed to as a Bills fan.

He's pretty conservative, but has done well with what Beane has given him to work with. 2019 is the true test.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Bill Cowler was commenting how impressed he is with him and how he's going to become a great coach.

Guess that makes me real happy we never did get Cowler to come here to coach as he must really be clueless if he thinks McD is a good coach as many on this board much more knowledgeable about the game than Bill Cowler is have already told us that McD is a terrible coach.  Who can argue with the experts around here?

Bill Cowler... wasn’t he the professional wrestler that beat up Andy Kaufman?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Sure he's a good guy,  but he claps a lot.  Can't have a head coach who's a clapper.  I mean he did break the Drought last year.   And he does manage to get guys to play for him even when everyone knows the season is lost.  It is only his second year coaching and he is probably going to get better at his job as he gets more experience at it going forward.  And I guess you can argue that he managed to squeak out 6 wins this year with the lowest payroll roster in the League and a rookie QB.  Sure, he's a class act too, but, what about that clapping....

Well done my good man.

Well done..

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I loved they took a couple knees on the O in order to get to the D for that time out!

At the time they did that, I didn't know why, given the amount time left on the clock. It wasn't until the D took the field and he called the TO that I realized what he was doing. McD must have planned that in advance.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

You can tell he's insecure at times, he claps when he's nervous. Just hope McD realizes how awesome of a position he's in and there is very little chance we don't make the playoffs in 2019 unless he completely botches the draft and free agency. Should be no pressure on him at all.

Not McD's biggest fan, but insecure men do not end up as NFL HC's, play college football, or win national HS wrestling championships.

Insecure men look like this. 

• Haha (+1) 2

I think he is good. He seems like a great leader.   Im not completely bullish on him, but looking forward to see how far he can take them with a capable offense.

They overachieved in 2017, and again in 2018.  I thought 4 or 5 wins going in, and 0-3 wins after the first 2 weeks.  

Edited by May Day 10

On 12/30/2018 at 5:30 PM, Hebert19 said:

First off.  I may be in minority but I think hes a hell of a coach.  This team has overacheived in my opinion based on the talent he has had to work with. 

Secondly.  He's a class act.  Hes got the back of his players and does all the right things for the organization from a human perspective.   He appreciates people like Kyle and McCoy who go above and beyond to be mentors.   

Like him or not.  Hes a good man.  

I'm basically a McD Homer at this point , and I'm surprised by the amount of people that were/are actually calling for his head. 

I've been saying he's a natural head coach , and right where he needs to be , he belongs coaching at the highest level. I'm thrilled he's in Buffalo. I envision him being here a long time.

I agree he has overachieved , but most of all I love what he has instilled into this team. He has built an identity and culture and has stuck to his vision and blueprint the whole time. 

A perfect example was week 17 , you see Miami banged up in the secondary and those young guys came in that looked unprepared and like they didn't belong.  McD has had to do alot of shuffling in the secondary , and has Undrafted rookies playing at a high level. Not missing a beat.  You can see the difference right there in McD and a coach like Gase. 

Something special is brewing in Western New York.  McBeane said from day 1 , that they want to build a team that has Long Term, Sustainable success and they have certainly set themselves up to make that achievable. We have a ton of young talent that will only get better , just look at the back 7 , I think Wallace is basically a lock to hold that #2 cb role , him,Taron,Tre, Edmunds and Milano will all be 2nd or 3rd year players and just came off a year where they were the #1 pass D by a significant margin , they're going to be deadly with more time to gel.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1