Our coach...say what you want but he's a class act.

Hebert19

First off.  I may be in minority but I think hes a hell of a coach.  This team has overacheived in my opinion based on the talent he has had to work with. 

Secondly.  He's a class act.  Hes got the back of his players and does all the right things for the organization from a human perspective.   He appreciates people like Kyle and McCoy who go above and beyond to be mentors.   

Like him or not.  Hes a good man.  

• Like (+1) 22
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 14

Sure he's a good guy,  but he claps a lot.  Can't have a head coach who's a clapper.  I mean he did break the Drought last year.   And he does manage to get guys to play for him even when everyone knows the season is lost.  It is only his second year coaching and he is probably going to get better at his job as he gets more experience at it going forward.  And I guess you can argue that he managed to squeak out 6 wins this year with the lowest payroll roster in the League and a rookie QB.  Sure, he's a class act too, but, what about that clapping....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nice thread now this is something worthy of discussion!   I agree.

1. He keeps in-house stuff in house.

2. He has learned after the Peterman ordeal that don’t put a player out there if he isn’t ready.

3. He’s installed a team first mentality.

4. He’s been able to pull off a pretty good defensive system once Milano gets back and we can get the linebackers to settle in their gaps (run game).

5. He’s shown he’s not averse to taking a risk that the benefits outweigh the ramifications.

6. He recognizes good defensive talent.

7. He allows the offensive coordinator to call plays.

8. He seems as if he would do anything to take care of his players.

9. He lets the referees have it when they deserve it.

10. He truly believes the team he coaches has a shot every week and isn’t afraid of any team.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Very much a class act.  I'd add in that he took two knees to make sure the defense had 1 more opportunity to get on the field.

He's an excellent coach.  I personally know a few college coaches that speak extremely high of him.  I like how he has turned this defense back into a top echelon group, with solid talent...just wait for some of these young guys to keep developing

• Like (+1) 2

our coach certainly could be considered a dichotomy of consistancy. there is no doubt that he can motivate his players and get them to overachieve. however, there is also no doubt that there are weeks when he just misses the mark completely. the fact that he regularly displays both extremes, as well as everything inbetween, should be a cause for concern. not knowing which team will play from week to week, to me is some what troubling.

i think this next year, he needs to prove that they can be more consistent in their weekly play.

Bill Cowher  he will be a great coach.  Calling timeout to get Kyle the ovation at the end is classy!  Plus putting in some plays on offense with him was great as well.  They figured might not get to go alone again so called the pass play!

Edited by Xwnyer

48 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

First off.  I may be in minority but I think hes a hell of a coach.  This team has overacheived in my opinion based on the talent he has had to work with. 

Secondly.  He's a class act.  Hes got the back of his players and does all the right things for the organization from a human perspective.   He appreciates people like Kyle and McCoy who go above and beyond to be mentors.   

Like him or not.  Hes a good man.  

Bill Cowher agrees. He said on the postgame show  that McD is a very good coach and perfect for this city, as well as Allen. 

Let's get him more talent to work with. He obviously has the ability to create a good defense, even with a lot of scrubs. He is a great motivator and leader.

Just have to fix the offense, which is ultimately up to him. Not his background, but he needs to make correct coaching hires and decisions to get it done.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

McDermott and Beane are often seen as one and the same, but they are certainly not. I'm much more convinced that McDermott is a quality coach than I am Beane a quality GM. 

We’re going to find out over the next few months. This is a big career opportunity for beane.  

• Like (+1) 1

Bill Cowler was commenting how impressed he is with him and how he's going to become a great coach.

Guess that makes me real happy we never did get Cowler to come here to coach as he must really be clueless if he thinks McD is a good coach as many on this board much more knowledgeable about the game than Bill Cowler is have already told us that McD is a terrible coach.  Who can argue with the experts around here?

• Like (+1) 2