Tom Coughlin offended by... what, exactly?

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Tom has won 2 Superbowls. He knows that players need to be disciplined to win. Belicheat is the same way. The game hasn't passed Coughlin that team has a bad culture and he's going to change that.

By instituting a No Arms Crossing and No Sitting rule for an inactive player?

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

If Coughlin thinks that picture means Founette and Yeldon are disrespectful and selfish, I wonder what Coughlin thought about Jalen Ramsey's little gem the other week when Ramsey was asked if he was worried about Doug Marrone's job security...

“I ain’t worried about nobody but myself.”

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Call up Jax. Offer a 6th for Fournette 

Keep praying the 1970s come back and grab gold plated running backs, while the game has obviously laughed at this since 1983.

Edited by row_33

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Here’s an idea Khan - maybe character really does trump talent as it relates to the development of a team. And that starts at the top (HC) all the way down to the mouthy CB on the team. Best of luck Jags!!

Then why do we suck every year?  Aren’t we a ‘character’ first team?

45 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Then why do we suck every year?  Aren’t we a ‘character’ first team?

Two years into the McDermott regime, have a QB gamer, solid defense, 10 upcoming picks and $90 mill to spend...give it a chance. I suppose you’d rather be the Bengals with Joe Mixon?

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Two years into the McDermott regime, have a QB gamer, solid defense, 10 upcoming picks and $90 mill to spend...give it a chance. I suppose you’d rather be the Bengals with Joe Mixon?

You said character trumps talent which is laughable.. that has nothing to do with 90 million cap space and 10 picks.  

Btw Mixon has been great since coming into the NFL.. Surely better than our aging overpaid running back.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Keep praying the 1970s come back and grab gold plated running backs, while the game has obviously laughed at this since 1983.

OMG I hate 3 yards in a cloud of dust football. But Fournette is an elite talent that because of a rift with current team you could get for maybe a late round pick. It is about surrounding Allen with Talent and Fournette is a talent. And cost controlled at the RB position for 3 years 

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I guess when you are inactive on the sideline for 3 hours in a meaningless season ending game, it’s not ok to not be a visible cheerleader the entire time.  I’m all about culture, and maybe I’d be not surprised by a private conversation with the players after. The public statement was... a bit much. 

I think it has more to do with the Jaguars belief that Fournette's hamstring was healed 3 weeks ago and he just won't play. He was never a team guy at LSU and it appears that he isn't in Jacksonville. Coughlin is an old school, team first guy.

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OMG I hate 3 yards in a cloud of dust football. But Fournette is an elite talent that because of a rift with current team you could get for maybe a late round pick. It is about surrounding Allen with Talent and Fournette is a talent. And cost controlled at the RB position for 3 years 

He's a "potential" talent who in two years, has yet to average over 4 yards per carry. A little underachieving for a #4 overall. Yeldon has averaged 4 yards per carry behind the same O line. I wouldn't touch Fournette and his baggage. He's headed the way of Trent Richardson. 

12 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

He's a "potential" talent who in two years, has yet to average over 4 yards per carry. A little underachieving for a #4 overall. Yeldon has averaged 4 yards per carry behind the same O line. I wouldn't touch Fournette and his baggage. He's headed the way of Trent Richardson. 

He isn’t out wasted 4th overall. For us he would be a 6th round pick with no guaranteed money in the trade I am advocating for. You know who else was a disappointing 1st round pick. Jerry Hughes. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Tom has won 2 Superbowls. He knows that players need to be disciplined to win. Belicheat is the same way. The game hasn't passed Coughlin that team has a bad culture and he's going to change that.

BB doesn’t publicly call out players. He does believe in discipline but 99% of the time it’s behind the curtain for no one to see

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He isn’t out wasted 4th overall. For us he would be a 6th round pick with no guaranteed money in the trade I am advocating for. You know who else was a disappointing 1st round pick. Jerry Hughes. 

His fitness issues ( being out of shape) concern me for a young guy..

Anyway I doubt a sixth gets it done... maybe a 4th..

I imagine this statement was more of a culmination of frustrations with Fournette specifically.

The most fire he showed all year was trying to box Shaq with helmets on. It’s clearly a poor culture in that organization, I’m not surprised TC wants to address it. You can call him old all you want, but poisen attitudes in business need to be shown the door.

Edited by Rockpile233

22 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

His fitness issues ( being out of shape) concern me for a young guy..

Anyway I doubt a sixth gets it done... maybe a 4th..

I don’t do it for a 4th. Maybe a conditional 6th that can go to a 4th. But with his issues the 4th is more risk than I want to take on