Tom Coughlin offended by... what, exactly?

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Marrone is an absolutely terrible leader.  He is selfish and arrogant and his team reflects him.  The Jags should clean house but probably won't.  

The Jags window of opportunity was last year with a decimated AFCS and don't see a big change in store for them next year.

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Here’s an idea Khan - maybe character really does trump talent as it relates to the development of a team. And that starts at the top (HC) all the way down to the mouthy CB on the team. Best of luck Jags!!

They need a different Khan running that team.  You know.  The "revenge is a dish best served cold" guy although I thought he was more imposing in his first Star Trek go-around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

The Jags window of opportunity was last year with a decimated AFCS and don't see a big change in store for them next year.

With an actual NFL QB, they could be very good again quickly. Maybe not SB contender right now, but playoff contender with a few additional moves.

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'm sorry they didn't express their emotions to your liking Tom. They look disappointed. But not enough I guess.

TBF Fournette has to have been pretty annoying to the coaching staff this season.

It's not like Fournette and Yeldon are responsible for hiring Doug Marrone or deciding that Blake Bortles was the man after all or anything like that ...  but I guess the Captain of the Ship always shows his leadership by blaming someone else these days.

Fournette is a beast.  The new version of Marshawn Lynch.  I don't know if he's a good character guy, but he's an excellent player.  If the Jags don't want him, maybe we can trade a low-talent LB for him, and keep the string of larcenous trades going.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Fournette is a beast.  The new version of Marshawn Lynch.  I don't know if he's a good character guy, but he's an excellent player.  If the Jags don't want him, maybe we can trade a low-talent LB for him, and keep the string of larcenous trades going.

I like Fournette. I understand the Jags have a bad QB and a boring offense. But .... 3.3 yards/carry (that's what he's at this year; 3.7 for his career) is kind of what Chris Ivory would have given them. I mean, no one thinks any regular RB would do worse than that; even Mike Tolbert back when he was a regular ball carrier was always between 3.6 and 4.0 y/c. Fournette is good. He's not Marshawn Lynch.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Can see that concept working when you have another game in a week.  Hard to do the right thing when your next chance won't be for another 8 months

I guess when you are inactive on the sideline for 3 hours in a meaningless season ending game, it’s not ok to not be a visible cheerleader the entire time.  I’m all about culture, and maybe I’d be not surprised by a private conversation with the players after. The public statement was... a bit much. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Total dumpster fire of an organization. The Jags peaked last year and are now going to be the Redskins of the AFC for the next decade. Awful leadership, players that don't want to be there, and a future of 5-11/6-10 records. I sincerely hope that Jalen Ramsey rots in that lame town for the rest of his career and fades into total obscurity.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I remember when people had character concerns about Marshawn..and then he went on to win a Super Bowl and have a borderline HOF career.

Fournette should be alright with a change of scenery.

Edited by Nelius

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Total dumpster fire of an organization. The Jags peaked last year and are now going to be the Redskins of the AFC for the next decade. Awful leadership, players that don't want to be there, and a future of 5-11/6-10 records. I sincerely hope that Jalen Ramsey rots in that lame town for the rest of his career and fades into total obscurity.

More likely they'll be the Bills of the Rex Ryan era. Accumulating bad contracts in the mistaken belief that they are almost there, not realizing that their one year of success was more of a fluke than a harbinger of better things to come. (By the way, the Redskins have been competitive most every year - including this year until the QB Apocalypse - and have made the playoffs more often than, umm, some other teams. I'm always puzzled as to why people pull out the Redskins card as shorthand for poor personnel decisions ... sure, they seem to try to make things as chaotic as possible, but somehow they still hang around)