A Few Thoughts about the Dolphins Game, in no particular order

Virgil

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

No your comment and follow-up was irritating.  

Call them as I see them.

Still haven’t explained how the one comment about the int is me being obsessed.  Not have you talked about how two negative lines vs all the other positives, including the opening and closing lines about him, show where I’m so negative on him.  

But please, continue....

2 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

It was Ike Boettinger #65 who buried Alonso. Mills never should have been tossed but the refs had to divy it up

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not specifically meant for the OP; however, I don't think I have ever seen a QB, much less a rookie QB, whose every pass is so over analyzed by a fan base.

Yea it seems like some fans believe that most QBs play flawless football and any bad pass by Josh wouldnt be made by another QB. Besides maybe three QBs in the league, every game is gonna have great throws and some really bad throws. You just hope to have more good than bad which he certainly did.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

For clarity. The same old Josh Allen is some great throws on a drive, a head scratching INT, some solid runs, and but overall 5 more completed passes away from saying he’s “arrived”

But like I said with my first line, as some can’t read, (not you) Josh has a pretty good day today. 

I said “his int was a terrible decision” and literally nothing else about it.  

Maybe look up the word “obsessed”

For clarity, you realize that 5 more completed passes puts him at 85% completion. 

I agree he would 'arrive' at that point but that's a pretty high mark to achieve. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

For clarity, you realize that 5 more completed passes puts him at 85% completion. 

I agree he would 'arrive' at that point but that's a pretty high mark to achieve. 

I figured expecting 86% would be unrealistic 

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

The Miami Dolphins might just be the smartest team in the AFC East.

They know that the Brady/Belichick New England Patriots aren't going anywhere for at least three (3) more seasons so why waste their time trying to win the division?

<_<

This was a thought, then typed into words?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Punting sucked too. Darr had a couple of ~30 yard punts with poor hangtime. How is that even possible for an NFL punter? 

I'd really like to know who the person was behind the carousel at punter this year... was it "Always looking to get better" Beane, Crossman, or McD?  In their quest to get better, they got significantly worse at this position.  I don't think Bojorquez is the answer... with 10 draft picks I would like to see them spend a 7th rounder on a competent college punter.

45 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not specifically meant for the OP; however, I don't think I have ever seen a QB, much less a rookie QB, whose every pass is so over analyzed by a fan base.

The ROOKIE QB has 5 TD’s today and leads his team to a blowout win but someone will find something to complain about. Looking forward to adding playmakers and solid OLINEMAN to this offense in the offseason!

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes,  they should have played to get in to fg position, but the first down play was saying "we want to go into the half up 14-7", which was typical McD.  

As said a lousy read and pass, set up by the first down call.  Much like the Bills run run pass playcalling.

It may be “typical McD” but it had no effect on Allen throwing the pick on the next play. There is no correlation. Don’t invent excuses. Allen played great but he made a bad throw. 

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No your comment and follow-up was irritating.  

Call them as I see them.

Then you better get your eyes checked.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You're right,Allen threw 9 incomplete one and a pick 6.  The 5 TDs were nice, but we need to focus on the pick 6 and 2 bad slant passes.  

Oh and Foster made Allen look good on that TD pass 

I get it now.....  My bad.

You’re like talking to my lady. Can’t actually address what’s said or what’s directly asked of you, just whatever fits your narrative. 

It’s adorable. 

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I guess that's fair then.  :beer:

You’re absolutely right btw.  I’m not looking at his post game stats.  I write as I watch.  So I just tally the rookie passes, basic qb passes, and the “holy *****” awesome Allen cannon arm passes. 

I didn’t realize his completion percentage was that high 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You’re absolutely right btw.  I’m not looking at his post game stats.  I write as I watch.  So I just tally the rookie passes, basic qb passes, and the “holy *****” awesome Allen cannon arm passes. 

It's funny because his first half numbers before the pick 6 were probably around 70-73% I think.  I was at a birthday party so I was just watching the play by play on nfl.com and had the stats field opened.

After the pick 6 he had probably 4 or 5 bad passes that really hurt his percentage but he turned it around after that.  Even still, there are probably 3-5 passes in that game that were all on him and I can honestly live with that coming from how he has been brought up (football-wise that is).

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You’re like talking to my lady. Can’t actually address what’s said or what’s directly asked of you, just whatever fits your narrative. 

It’s adorable. 

Okay then, why were you impressed with Foster and his TD catch (2 catches all game)?  It had nothing to do with him, but running the right route and catching a perfect throw.

Btw I agreed the int war a terrible but thought the first down call put them in a bad position and he made a lousy call and a rookie mistake.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Okay then, why were you impressed with Foster and his TD catch (2 catches all game)?  It had nothing to do with him, but running the right route and catching a perfect throw.

Btw I agreed the int war a terrible but thought the first down call put them in a bad position and he made a lousy call and a rookie mistake.

Did I say it was a bad throw?  I said why I was impressed.   It’s because he had yet to make a catch like that so far, so it was good to see him be able to adjust over a defender like that.  

Yes, it was a good throw.  I said Allen made good throws.  What am I missing here?  Did you think I implied that someone else made the throw?  Sorry I didn’t talk about the same play twice I’m both perspectives 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Did I say it was a bad throw?  I said why I was impressed.   It’s because he had yet to make a catch like that so far, so it was good to see him be able to adjust over a defender like that.  

Yes, it was a good throw.  I said Allen made good throws.  What am I missing here?  Did you think I implied that someone else made the throw?  Sorry I didn’t talk about the same play twice I’m both perspectives 

There was no adjustment, that is where the pass was thrown and is a designed play.  It was pitch & catch.  That td was all Allen and Foster was the recipient.

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

There was no adjustment, that is where the pass was thrown and is a designed play.  It was pitch & catch.  That td was all Allen and Foster was the recipient.

I’ll have to until the All-22 review.  It was a good throw, but intentionally a back shoulder throw, which Foster had to adjust and catch on the defenders back.  

Again, something all receivers should be able to do, but Foster hasn’t yet so far.  

On a side note, I look at the game from a in-the-moment evaluation and fundamentals for the future.  It’s not just good or bad.  Even with only two catches, Foster showed a skill set he hasn’t before as well as having the opposing defenses starting to respect him.  That’s what I care about going into next season. 

Same for Allen.  I care more that he can’t throw a slant and his stupid Int than I do the stuff he’s already proven.  I know what he can do. We all do.  I want to see him learn and grow. I want to see him adjust each week.  His completion percentage increase was a big win.