Post-game perorations - Put ‘em Here

Did the Bills do the right thing to Phillet the Phish?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Bills do the right thing to Phillet the Phish?

• Yes, it was the right thing to do for Kyle William’s last game
    • No, shoulda lost for the higher pick

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Name me 5 teams in NFL history who've done well with a first year HC and first year QB.

I just named one, which disproves your ALWAYS claim. Plus you’re assuming Miami will get a rookie QB, when they could trade or sign a veteran.

Edited by PastaJoe

1 minute ago, PastaJoe said:

I just named one, which disproves your ALWAYS claim.

No. You named an interim coach who took over after more than half a season, whose team ended up with a losing record.  Give it another shot.

2 hours ago, Teen Insight said:

Whoever says no should be banned, winning that game felt soooo good. 

The numbers 4 - 12 were the range the Bills could draft. 4 was highly unlikely.  Yes they lost a few spots but the gain of the win in Kyle's last game was worth a few spots. 

Beane can get a good player at 9/10 without the noise of reaching for OL/WR as a bonus.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No. You named an interim coach who took over after more than half a season, whose team ended up with a losing record.  Give it another shot.

My first shot scored. The first year combo has a winning record. They don’t suck.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would be  - what's the Law Enforcement term for it - entrapment?

Won't happen

People can have diverse opinions, long as they're reasonably civil in how they express 'em

Oh, so you compare yourself to the popo....I kid. Lets go Bills!

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Zqu94Oy.jpg

Nice MILF! 

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Josh Allen joined Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III and Vince Young as the only rookie QBs in the Super Bowl era with 7+ rushing TDs - that would not have occurred if they played for draft position.

Not exactly good company...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the passion

What a magnificent send off for Kyle Williams!  We were celebrating big time when William's caught that pass!  Class act that will be missed in a Bills uniform.  next stop the Ring of Honor!

Wasn't it great to see Edmonds rebound from his game against NE.  The kid had a huge game out there with a great INT and a spectacular sack where he jumped over the blocker to nail Tannyhill. 

We still can't run the ball conventionally which puts our rookie QB in a tough situation.  This is one area of the Bills offense that must be improved in the off season.  I did see a few flashes from Shady indicating that he might still have a little gas left in his tank.  I think he can add value next year as a 3rd down RB who can still catch the ball and pass protect.

Zay Jones had a good game.  I'm cautiously optimistic that Foster & Jones can be 2 of the 3 WR's for next year.  If we can sign a vet to go along with a speedster in the draft we may have solved our WR issues.  TE still needs work but Crooms has shown flashes in the last 2 games so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we only need to add one guy here.

Oh and Allen has a terrific day today.  He produced 5 TD's and showed that he could be accurate enough.  His running game is lethal if a team doesn't have the defensive talent to stop it.  But the best thing about today is related to allen's worse decision of the year.  Yep that pick 6 that ruined a whole bunch of half time food breaks.  I thought Allen might fold up mentally and the 2nd half look a bit like the Green bay game. 

But this kid is more Kelly then Peterman.  He came out of the locker room pissed off that he had hurt his team with that dumb throw and answered that bad play with an 80 yard TD drive on the Bills 1st possession of the 2nd half!  This is how you want (hope) your QB responds to adversity.   He then played lights out the rest of the way demonstrating beyond a shadow of a doubt that he could shrug off a bad mistake.  It was worth having him throw that pick 6 and ruin our halftime food spread to see how he would respond. 

This off season is sure going to be fun. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Jasovon said:

We saw our QB score five touchdowns. Five!!! Yeah we did the right thing. 

Yes, but I read here today that Allen's five touchdowns would have easily been done by both his grandmother and the quarterback at Onondaga Community College, so let's not get too optimistic because optimism is for suckers.  <_<

1 hour ago, PastaJoe said:

My first shot scored. The first year combo has a winning record. They don’t suck.

You are splitting hairs to prove your point here, but in any case, Mayfield did suck in that last drive today, and from a coaching standpoint, that was poorly run.  It seems the Browns may still have a ways to go.  We will see who they replace their legendary interim winning coach with next year.

4 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Cleveland doesn’t suck with Williams and Mayfield.

I sincerely hope you’re not comparing the situations in Miami and Cleveland. Cleveland went through a complete rebuild and has how many years of top-five picks on the roster? and they fired the worst head coach in the history of the NFL. Call them the exception to the rule.... but Miami has literally NOTHING going for them, especially if they were to fire Gase. That team doesn’t have basically ANY building blocks for a new coach to come in and have (at least immediate) success.