First half thread: Wk 17 Dolphins at Bills (CBS)

Just now, Tcali said:

honest;ly the bills do this over and over--and there are many to blame...they get a few easy scores then they spend the last 2/3 of the games meandering around and doing nothing.a bit tyrodlike. I find that more disturbing than Allens lack of consistent accuracy.

Yep. They did the same thing a few weeks ago against the Jets.

This coaching staff has absolutely no

killer instinct. And the worst part is that it’s a meaningless game..

• Like (+1) 3

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

So last year after making the play-offs you wanted him fired?  Serious?

We made the playoffs last year despite McD's bad coaching, not because of him.  Same problems remain, bad game day management, bad clock management, absolutely TERRIBLE replay challenge management.  He's not a good coach, at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

No never. That 2nd quarter was absolutely embarrassing.

14-0 in a meaningless game and the guy goes into a shell when he should be developing his young QB and actually TRY to score more points. It’s the 2nd quarter!!

Embrassing by him and Daboll

I would agree that McD goes into a shell too early, shades of Jauron. I would never go into a shell in the 1st half and would not sit on a 14 pt lead until 6-7 min left in the 4th. However... I wonder if he is trying to cover for a bad team by playing conservatively.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

A 5 yard pass to the middle of the field is not aggressive, it is stupid. Running the ball 3 times in a row would have been gutless but being stupid is worse.

None of us know the route combination and what is Allen's first read/what he is supposed to do with that playcall. It's hard to say that was a stupid call based off results. 

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Dolphins were heading for the bus.

I blame this conservative play calling crap as to why this game is tied.

Blame Allen for a bad throw too, but it would have never happened had this coaching staff stayed aggressive.

Yep. I made a thread last week about the conservative play calling. I hate it 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They are playing with a lead at the end of a half against Ryan Tannehil, who has led 2 TD drives in his last 14 drives.

What part of this are you struggling with?

It's sarcasm. I question the feasibility of getting 60 yards in less than a minute as well. Both this game and last I'm fine with going into the tunnels as is.

TSW has been foaming at the mouth since then for a pass. It's hilarious

Daboll can't win

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I would agree that McD goes into a shell too early, shades of Jauron. I would never go into a shell in the 1st half and would not sit on a 14 pt lead until 6-7 min left in the 4th. However... I wonder if he is trying to cover for a bad team by playing conservatively.

But here is the problem. They start out aggressive and score 2 TDS. So why would you change what you’re doing?

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Did Schmidt really do that poorly? I mean it wasn't good, but...

He had lost it too. Coaches were showing him the door in preseason. Not saying this Darr is any better, but they were clearly over Colton

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

His job right now is to evaluate what he has and give Allen meaningful reps.  He's playing like this game means something in terms of win/loss which it does not.  Sitting on a 14 pt lead at the end of the first quarter just illustrates it even more how clueless the staff is on what is important

9 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

And Crossman. Who do you think made the call to cut Schmidt?

Cutting Schmidt was the right call, his last game every punt was 3 seconds hang time or less.  They should have signed Shane Lechler, but probably didn't want to pay him the vet minimum for a punter with 20 years of service.