Rapaport: Adam Gase could be coaching his last game for Miami today

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What the heck does that even mean?

There is no set personality a successful HC has.  You have Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, and Sean Payton all having great coaching careers.  They are all completely different personalities.

Gase is a sulker. You can't be a sulker. His body language on the sideline is horrendus. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure this is from Gase’s agent. It’s not his own opinion or anything.

Source: Hey Ian, Gase may be fired today

Rapoport: Oh cool

Rapoport Twitter: Sources say Gase may be fired today

Peanut Gallery: WHAT A BOLD PREDICTION YOU LOSER

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just heard Schefter say they aren’t expected to keep Tannehill either. If they don’t, what are their better options out there?

Flacco, also possibly Eli or Foles. 

52 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What the heck does that even mean?

There is no set personality a successful HC has.  You have Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, and Sean Payton all having great coaching careers.  They are all completely different personalities.

Well, he does throw his own players under the bus often enough. Head coaches should probably support their players more. I would say he is not much of a leader, which is part of the job. They've had locker room strife his entire tenure.

He will probably get another shot though. Let's see what he can do.

2 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

It’s taken time to learn to not immediately brush off that a Head Coach who struggles/fails at one team is therefore incapable of winning and being good at another team.

While I agree with the premise, the list of who's succeeded isn't very long.  Besides BB who else is on the list of bad at first location and greatness afterwards?  I'm sure there are a few, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Tom C overall was good in Jax, eventually ran out his welcome, went to the Giants and was about the same, but with two super bowl wins

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

While I agree with the premise, the list of who's succeeded isn't very long.  Besides BB who else is on the list of bad at first location and greatness afterwards?

Greggggggggggg!  Just ask him!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

While I agree with the premise, the list of who's succeeded isn't very long.  Besides BB who else is on the list of bad at first location and greatness afterwards?  I'm sure there are a few, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Tom C overall was good in Jax, eventually ran out his welcome, went to the Giants and was about the same, but with two super bowl wins

I didn’t say greatness...lol...I just said winning.

2nd Stints I can recall right now.

Doug Marrone with Jags AFC Champ Game

Mike Mularkey with Titans Playoff Victory

Gary Kubiak with Broncos won Super Bowl

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Today wasn't quite the Don Shula retirement game with a 342 yd rushing burger, but it's close.  We squished the crap outta the Fish.  I hope they keep Gase so we can continue to Squish the Fish.

Part of me hopes they keep him, but It was nice being the pallbearer if he is gone. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Mark Levy had a pretty good run in Buffalo after being fired from the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1