Anyone else feeling a bit depressed?

Steptide

11 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

It sucks the season is over but they really only have 1 free agent worth keeping.   They have 90 million in cap and 10 draft picks so next year is looking up

Not trying to rain on any parades, but it's not really encouraging that the only free agent worth keeping is a 35 year old linebacker. It's all gonna come to Josh Allen really.

I am an NFL junkie. I wait all year for it and once it’s back, I watch every game I can. I actually wish the season was longer. I also wish there were more staggered games throughout the week so I could barely miss any. I would love to see a Thursday game at least 1 Saturday game, a 9 am game, the full slate of Sunday games, Sunday night and Monday night every week. I know the cool thing to do nowadays is complain about over saturation. The way I see it, if those people don’t want to watch them all, don’t watch them. I’d like to be able to see as many games as possible. The less that are happening at the same time the better. Tomorrow sucks. It’s very sad and the offseason is way to long. This whole season has been depressing but when the final gun fires tomorrow, it’s a huge let down.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

The night before our last regular season game and reality is starting to set in. Tomorrow will be the last bills game until September 2019.

While there's some excitement in the off season with the draft and free agency, it's nothing like the regular season. It's also a bit depressing, that not only is it the end for the bills, but the end of the regular season in general. Playoffs are always fun and exciting, but no more Sundays sitting on the couch from 1pm until 11pm(or whenever I decide to go to bed) watching football. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not ready to wait 9 months to see more Allen. Bummer. Will enjoy tomorrow as much as possible

I mean I hate waiting too but at the same time this year has been a wash pretty well the whole time so it's kind of nice to start to close in on the time where we get to see the moves that we want/will complain about for the next season.

Actually I'm excited and very optimistic.  This is clearly the most promising young qb we've had in a very long time. This offseason will be critical for his future. It will be sad to not have Bill Sunday's anymore but I can't wait to see what toys go to Josh this September. Happy New Year Bills Brethren....

Not depressed at all. This is exactly what I thought would happen this year, although I thought we might have a little better read on Josh. I was hoping he'd show Improvement on his passing accuracy. He's shown that he is a leader and tremendous athlete  and he's showing some growth with his progressions and processing. But I still remain suspect about accuracy and ability to lead from the pocket. If they can manage to put some better pieces around him next year it should tell the tale. Let's just hope McBeane spends wisely.  

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

The night before our last regular season game and reality is starting to set in. Tomorrow will be the last bills game until September 2019.

While there's some excitement in the off season with the draft and free agency, it's nothing like the regular season. It's also a bit depressing, that not only is it the end for the bills, but the end of the regular season in general. Playoffs are always fun and exciting, but no more Sundays sitting on the couch from 1pm until 11pm(or whenever I decide to go to bed) watching football. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not ready to wait 9 months to see more Allen. Bummer. Will enjoy tomorrow as much as possible

Pitchers and catchers - Feb. 12 for the Mets.  

https://www.springtrainingonline.com/reporting-dates/

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

The only thing that has me depressed is Kyle Williams retirement.  Its gonna suck not seeing him on that Dline.

I also have my concerns that the defense as a whole may fall apart due to his presence being gone.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Pitchers and catchers - Feb. 12 for the Mets.  

https://www.springtrainingonline.com/reporting-dates/

Being a Mets fan must be equaly depressing.

The season is so intense it does feel long, or long enough. But then reality sets in, and it's 9 whole months without the Bills (and Allen). So I do feel down about it, but I'll be more so later. Let's just say the signings during the offseason better be VERY GOOD. And the OLine and WRs given max attention. I was very lenient this year, as many fans, but won't be in 2019!

Edited by Jerome007

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m pretty ok. This was actually a depressing football season for me, for several reasons. and I’m kind of excited for the offseason and a fresh start. I get into college b-ball, nhl and nba in winter and I follow all good teams. I love FA and the draft ... so all good 

I agree with your feelings on the season...first time I can ever remember just watching the season go by and not really having any feelings towards it...Josh Allen’s been just ok, so far, to me, with no real sign that he will ever be a consistent winner in this league...so I’m kind of at the same place I was last year with this team...just “meh”.

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I agree with your feelings on the season...first time I can ever remember just watching the season go by and not really having any feelings towards it...Josh Allen been just ok, so far, to me, with no real sign that he will ever be a consultant winner in this league...so I’m kind of at the same place I was last year with this team...just “meh”.

Me, too. Well said. QB Trevor Lawrence or Alabama's Tua would be great in a Buffalo Bills uniform. Man, those 2 are the real deals.

Lawrence's current passing efficiency is 153.5, which is number one in the ACC. His current pass completion percentage is 64.8, which is number 2 in the ACC.

Tua's passing efficiency is 202.3, which is number one in the SEC. His pass completion percentage is 67.7, which is number 2 in the SEC.

WOW.  I draft one of these kids regardless of Josh Allen and Matt Barkley.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I am an NFL junkie. I wait all year for it and once it’s back, I watch every game I can. I actually wish the season was longer. I also wish there were more staggered games throughout the week so I could barely miss any. I would love to see a Thursday game at least 1 Saturday game, a 9 am game, the full slate of Sunday games, Sunday night and Monday night every week. I know the cool thing to do nowadays is complain about over saturation. The way I see it, if those people don’t want to watch them all, don’t watch them. I’d like to be able to see as many games as possible. The less that are happening at the same time the better. Tomorrow sucks. It’s very sad and the offseason is way to long. This whole season has been depressing but when the final gun fires tomorrow, it’s a huge let down.

Real standout here.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Me, too. Well said. QB Trevor Lawrence or Alabama's Tua would be great in a Buffalo Bills uniform. Man, those 2 are the real deals.

Lawrence's current passing efficiency is 153.5, which is number one in the ACC. His current pass completion percentage is 64.8, which is number 2 in the ACC.

Tua's passing efficiency is 202.3, which is number one in the SEC. His pass completion percentage is 67.7, which is number 2 in the SEC.

WOW.  I draft one of these kids regardless of Josh Allen and Matt Barkley.

Since when do college passing statistics translate into the pro game.  Tua isn't even eligible to be drafted anyway.  

To the OP's thread: It's almost merciful that this season ends now.  The primary reason to watch at all this year was seeing Allen's development.  Of course, that was botched by McBeane, but at least we've seen him make a few plays and can hope he continues to improve.  That, and they finally stop investing more resources on defense and get actual OL and skill position players.    

Fear not, Step tide. Yes, it’s only December and we’re done. But the NFL is still alive for the entire month of January and early February. We need only get better to enjoy another month. FA, the Draft, miniCamp, OTA’s, etc. keep the team in the news throughout the year and everyone’s back for the new season in late July. Being a Strong playoff team means the season stretches in to 8 months with just 3+ off. Let’s get Strong!

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I did last year that really helped bridge the long off-season was to get NFL Game Pass.

I was able to watch football whenever I wanted. Some games I watched over and over.

Game Pass has now become my "go to" annual Birthday present.

I am "depressed" going from hot to cold when thinking of Josh Allen. Many times I am elated thinking we finally have our guy. But then there are flashes of EJ Manual...

THAT is what is really depressing!

I hope and pray that he end the season on a high note with an excellent game against Miami.