Julian Edelman fined $63,504 for unnecessary roughness on 3 plays

cd1

1 hour ago, hemma said:

I only remember the block after the fair catch.

I've seen him do that same, fair catch, then throw a cheap a$$ block on the gunner at least 3 times this season alone. After getting flagged and fined for it multiple times it's not like he can plead ignorance. Just a dirty scumbag.

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Gronk elbow smash showed them that we won’t retaliate. We need to play at their level, take out knees, play like scumbags, ***** it, the only thing that matters is Ws 

It's interesting that football is one sport where there is no retaliation.  In hockey retaliation is practically written in the rules, in baseball it's not as common as it used to be, but it's still there.  I don't know much about basketball but I can't imagine you could low-bridge someone and not have it come back to you pretty quickly.

Football?  Nothing.  You just never see dirty players get their due.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MDH said:

I've seen him do that same, fair catch, then throw a cheap a$$ block on the gunner at least 3 times this season alone. After getting flagged and fined for it multiple times it's not like he can plead ignorance. Just a dirty scumbag.

The other 2 were for crack-back blocks - no call, just like how the rushing TD that never crossed the goal line was reviewed and held. Is what it is.

I would be OK with the penalty if a Bill returned the favor.

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Someone needs to target Edelman and hurt him.  Badly.  This little prick is a dirty POS, and he seems to save his dirtiest moments for the Bills.  Time for payback for his years of abuse.  A helmet to the knee and a career-ending ACL should suffice.

I'd prefer the concussion shot to the head from the opposite side of the field on the crossing route myself....but as I said above, it just doesn't happens in football.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

During the first game against the Patriots this year I was furious about Edelman calling for a fair catch and then launching at our gunner's head. I thought that was a very easy penalty call, and I was happy when he was fined for that.

In this most recent game I was watching for any dirty plays. And, to be honest, I didn't see any. There was 1 play where he called for a fair catch and then blocked our gunner, but he didn't target the head or put much force into it. I didn't think that deserved a penalty, let alone a fine. 

I have to say I'm happy to see the league targeting Edelman. They must've had a conversation with him and told him to knock it off (and he hasn't gotten the message).