Gameday Thread: CFP Semifinals

/dev/null

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

As a notre Dame fan, you learn to temper expectations. They’re never going to win the championship because they have rigorous academic standards. They can never field a team as talented as Alabama or Clemson. If coaching is equal they lose by 30. The talent difference has that big of an impact in college. 

I am a ND fan my friend. :thumbsup:  These performances on the big stage by a Brian Kelly coached team are the norm. He's constantly outcoached in these games. Could we find someone better? Probably not, but it is the hard truth of it. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I am a ND fan my friend. :thumbsup:  These performances on the big stage by a Brian Kelly coached team are the norm. He's constantly outcoached in these games. Could we find someone better? Probably not, but it is the hard truth of it. 

Hmmm I’m saying I’m a notre Dame fan. I temper my expectations of Brian Kelly because notre dame isn’t a “win the most football games at all cost” school 

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If not for Notre Dame's special snowflake status this game never would have happened.  Notre Dame is a member of the ACC and should have to play a full ACC schedule.  Clemson would have knocked Notre Dame out in an ACC title game and Ohio St should be there instead

Ohio state is definitely better suited for these games 

1 minute ago, Shortchaz said:

Hmmm I’m saying I’m a notre Dame fan. I temper my expectations of Brian Kelly because notre dame isn’t a “win the most football games at all cost” school 

I understand what you are saying my friend. What I am saying is that, in these situations, many times they have looked unprepared for what they have faced. 

Just now, H2o said:

I understand what you are saying my friend. What I am saying is that, in these situations, many times they have looked unprepared for what they have faced. 

Could be, hard to know when the elite schools (Bama/Clemson) field such talent. It’s probably some combination of both, Brian seems to do well (for the most part) with what he has. 

ND “deserved to be in because they played and beat everyone on their schedule which included all FBS teams. But I think going forward they should be banned from the playoff until they join a conference Notre Dame should be banned from the playoff until it joins and wins a conference. This should have been the ACC championship, not a national semifinal.

15 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

And, a whole bunch of Notre Dame secondary and offensive linemen have become late round draft picks.  Borqued Kelly struck again.  

ND offensive line is just ok;  they struggled to establish a running game several times this year.  Dexter Williams was more of a home run hitter this year.

Clemson's defensive was terrific and Book played maybe his worst game -- obviously the two were largely related.

I thought ND's defense played pretty well....if Love doesn't go down in the first half there's no way Clemon scores on all those long TDs in the second quarter.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

If not for Notre Dame's special snowflake status this game never would have happened.  Notre Dame is a member of the ACC and should have to play a full ACC schedule.  Clemson would have knocked Notre Dame out in an ACC title game and Ohio St should be there instead

Because nothing says you belong like losing to Purdue by 29.   They lost by 49 yesterday by the way.   

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.