Jonah Williams or Ed Oliver??

Bakin

Jonah Williams (OT) or Ed Oliver (DT)  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trenchman Do You Choose??

• Jonah Williams, OL, Bama
    • Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

15 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh so you want a patch work Oline made to work by a master OL Guru, the ultimate game manager and the GOAT coach.

And a first round picks on the offensive line in 2018 (Wynn), a 3rd in '17, a 3rd in '16, a 1st in '11 (Solder), a 2nd in '09 (Vollmer) ... Mankins was a first. Those are only the guys from the top three rounds, not all their OL picks. They value it in the draft.

During the same period, the Bills have gone OL in the 2nd (Dawkins), the 3rd (Miller), the 2nd (Kouandjio), a 2nd (Glenn), a 1st (Wood), a 2nd (Levitre, who's still playing).

The Pats used three 1sts, the Bills only one, who was an excellent center for years for us and would've still been here if not for the neck thing that caused his retirement. The Bills have used more 2nds, and gotten some good players out of it, Dawkins and Glenn in particular, but haven't devoted a lot of 1sts to it. The Pats have.

Yeah, they've got an excellent OL coach. Maybe we do too. With the personnel we had there last year, I'd say they over-achieved.

Jonas Williams is the wrong pick I think, and I know this by watching him explain why he doesn't care if you think he's the wrong pick. He comes off as more defensive and insulted than confident in what he can do imo. I think all of the concerns about him are valid. He has short arms and lacks fundamental strength. He could be overpowered at the next level. He was fortunate to be surrounded by top level talent on the Alabama line. Not what I would consider a lock.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

And a first round picks on the offensive line in 2018 (Wynn), a 3rd in '17, a 3rd in '16, a 1st in '11 (Solder), a 2nd in '09 (Vollmer) ... Mankins was a first. Those are only the guys from the top three rounds, not all their OL picks. They value it in the draft.

During the same period, the Bills have gone OL in the 2nd (Dawkins), the 3rd (Miller), the 2nd (Kouandjio), a 2nd (Glenn), a 1st (Wood), a 2nd (Levitre, who's still playing).

The Pats used three 1sts, the Bills only one, who was an excellent center for years for us and would've still been here if not for the neck thing that caused his retirement. The Bills have used more 2nds, and gotten some good players out of it, Dawkins and Glenn in particular, but haven't devoted a lot of 1sts to it. The Pats have.

Yeah, they've got an excellent OL coach. Maybe we do too. With the personnel we had there last year, I'd say they over-achieved.

Yet two years ago we had the better Oline and the year before that and the year before that.  The difference with those lines wasnt just the players it was the coach.  I think our player developement is much better now.  

I also said Id be fine with either.  I think we are in the best Position to take BPA that we have been in for a while.  We can take an upgrade where we want.

Edited by formerlyofCtown