Jonah Williams or Ed Oliver??

Bakin

Jonah Williams (OT) or Ed Oliver (DT)  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trenchman Do You Choose??

• Jonah Williams, OL, Bama
    • Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

1 hour ago, Mark92 said:

Ed Oliver was NOT used correctly at the University of Houston.  They almost never used him as a 3 Tech lineman which is his strong suit.  I will admit that you probably can't move him around and get the same production out of him.  McDermotts defense requires a 3 tech, if we draft him we won't need to worry about that position until his rookie contract is up.  He's that good at that position.  No he's not Kyle Williams but he would plug a big hole up front for McDermott at a low cost for 4/5 years at least.  

This is just crazy

We did not know KYLE WILLIAMS was KYLE WILLIAMS when we drafted him....he was a 5th round pick :)

Just give me another guy later that has this kind of potential to give up the middle pass rush at the 3 tech and I will be on board whoever the naysayers want to pick

Is he Aaron Donald?  We dont know.....and Aaron Donald does not play the nose either because it makes no sense to utilize him that way

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is just crazy

We did not know KYLE WILLIAMS was KYLE WILLIAMS when we drafted him....he was a 5th round pick :)

Just give me another guy later that has this kind of potential to give up the middle pass rush at the 3 tech and I will be on board whoever the naysayers want to pick

Is he Aaron Donald?  We dont know.....and Aaron Donald does not play the nose either because it makes no sense to utilize him that way

Yup.  I think Ed Oliver is an obvious fit if we stay at #9.   Beane and McDermott will litterly run the card up themselves if he is still on the board and we own the pick.  DE and DT look like needs.  Bosa and Allen are the best DE's and Williams and Oliver are the best DT's.  Specifically a 3 tech DT is the need which Oliver is.  It looks like he will go between picks 7-15.  So not reaching for a player that not only fits a hole but will make that hole a strength, count me in.  

Edited by Mark92

Honestly I'm not crazy about either...Not that they are not good players...But there are so many guys I like in the first it's hard for me to imagine the Bills would end up with either of them...

I guess if I had to choose I would choose Williams over Oliver...Definitely the safer pick...

I really doubt either will be the Bills choice...But we'll see...?

• Like (+1) 1

Id be happy either way, but I really like Oliver.

16 hours ago, Mark92 said:

Yup.  I think Ed Oliver is an obvious fit if we stay at #9.   Beane and McDermott will litterly run the card up themselves if he is still on the board and we own the pick.  DE and DT look like needs.  Bosa and Allen are the best DE's and Williams and Oliver are the best DT's.  Specifically a 3 tech DT is the need which Oliver is.  It looks like he will go between picks 7-15.  So not reaching for a player that not only fits a hole but will make that hole a strength, count me in.  

I wouldnt call them needs but they are definitely upgradable.

13 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I want a player who will help protect Josh Allen for years. The same kind of protection NE gave Brady for 17 years. Oliver probably is the so called BPA,  but Jonah's job is to help protect the future of the Bills.

Oh so you want a patch work Oline made to work by a master OL Guru, the ultimate game manager and the GOAT coach.

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Id be happy either way, but I really like Oliver.

I wouldnt call them needs but they are definitely upgradable.

After next season we will have no pass rushers under contract.  We need a pass Rusher or two for the future.   We also just lost a pro bowl DT.  I would say if we don't do something now at those positions it's going to be a scramble next off-season to get some.  Beane likes to be ahead of the curve so I would expect a DT and probably and edge rusher somewhere in the draft.  

10 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Wow this poll has taken a dramatic turn! Oliver is in the lead! ? 

This poll started last fall ?.  Back then our O line was God awful and Williams was a top 5 prospect.  Things change.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been a large Jonah Williams fan for some time .... and I haven’t voted in this poll I started yet. 

But at this time I would vote Oliver. 

For one big reason - I don’t think Jonah will be our starting LT come day one and I don’t want to spend a top 10 pick on an RT. 

I think we can get a solid RT on day 2. 

Oliver was a consensus top 3 pick before his jacket issue and I think he can be a game changer at the next level. 

18 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

This poll started last fall ?.  Back then our O line was God awful and Williams was a top 5 prospect.  Things change.  

I didn't realize that.  I thought wow this is really close....a couple of days ago it was almost dead even.  This one is pretty easy for me especially with the moves in FA.

Edited by Magnum Force