Bakin

Jonah Williams (OT) or Ed Oliver (DT)  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trenchman Do You Choose??

• Jonah Williams, OL, Bama
    • Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

Before free agency - Jonah

Now - Oliver

We have been ultra aggressive in signing veteran offensive linemen heading up into the draft.......literally retooling more then half of the OL

Now our more pressing needs seems to be pressure up the middle on defense......and the pick would match the bpa here at this point.

Was never a Jonah fan at 9.......now if we TRADE DOWN?  My position could change on this because Oliver would be LONG gone at that point

• Like (+1) 1

I think with the moves we have made in FA...we are going  Defense with our 1st.  I think judging on Beane's last draft.... all signs point to Oliver if he is there at pick 9.  A trade down or trade up is possible or an unexpected fall (Williams DT, Bosa, Allen) could change the landscape.

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Like (+1) 1

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, #34fan said:

If McBeane goes Ed Oliver in Round 1, I'll have concrete proof that they're boneheads.

We need the top 2 OL prospects in this draft (OT, OG) ... I love me some Chris Wilkins, but this is THAT important.

I like Wilkins too...but Buffalo hasn't faired well with Clemson drafted players.

On 12/29/2018 at 5:52 PM, #34fan said:

If McBeane goes Ed Oliver in Round 1, I'll have concrete proof that they're boneheads.

We need the top 2 OL prospects in this draft (OT, OG) ... I love me some Chris Wilkins, but this is THAT important.

We have signed like 4 veteran OL......where is the room?

To me it is about talent and utilization......Ed Oliver starts from DAY ONE.....you get the most reps out of him and he is the more talented player

Meanwhile there is much talk about whether these top OT's should be playing at OG.....

• Like (+1) 1

Williams just seems like a guy who would be ok and leave the team with a decision come his 5th year option. Oliver is a guy who could easily earn that option if he decided too. I went with Oliver. Williams has a lower ceiling and would represent a “safe” play.

The Bills aren’t in position to play it safe. Swing for the fences. 

The abundance of free agent o-line signings suggests #9 more likely addresses a different position. I would not rule out Beane trading up or down (I'd love to get to #2 ahead of the Jets for our choice of Bosa, Quinnen Williams, or Josh Allen.) If he stays at nine, I think there's a fair chance Oliver is on the board, BPA, and the pick.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We have signed like 4 veteran OL......where is the room?

To me it is about talent and utilization......Ed Oliver starts from DAY ONE.....you get the most reps out of him and he is the more talented player

Meanwhile there is much talk about whether these top OT's should be playing at OG.....

I don't think they'll be afraid of cutting one of the recent signees in camp if necessary. Other than Morse, the other contracts aren't cap killers. In any event, I hope we pick the player that best fits the culture of the team. Maybe that's Oliver idk, but if he's actually a head case I'd rather not take him even if he's the most talented player available. We went down that road with Whaley (i.e. collecting talent rather than building a team) and it got us no where. Surely there will be someone at nine (or perhaps a trade down target) who's both extremely talented and a high character person. 

Edited by VW82

Just now, Magnum Force said:

As I have stated previously....Clemson players make me worry in Buffalo.  Not that Wilkins couldn't be the exception to the rule. lol

I’m worried about Oliver’s lack of size and his attitude. 

On 12/29/2018 at 5:52 PM, #34fan said:

Right, because we have....um....WHO taking Kyle Williams' place at starting 3T again?

• Haha (+1) 1