Jonah Williams or Ed Oliver??

Bakin

Jonah Williams (OT) or Ed Oliver (DT)  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trenchman Do You Choose??

• Jonah Williams, OL, Bama
    • Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

Let’s say we have pick 8 and both of these beasts are available (and for all us BPA guys they are tied in BPA value). 

Who do you pick???

This would kill me. 

Oliver has generational talent on the D line but Williams could be a decade long anchor with the ability to play all positions. 

Struggling with this if I am given then choice. 

Safer choice is Williams but bigger upside is Oliver. 

What say you?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

4 hours ago, Bakin said:

Let’s say we have pick 8 and both of these beasts are available (and for all us BPA guys they are tied in BPA value). 

Who do you pick???

This would kill me. 

Oliver has generational talent on the D line but Williams could be a decade long anchor with the ability to play all positions. 

What say you?

I chose Oliver, I'd rather see us spend free agent money on the OL rather than invest on another young player there, Williams is also a better RT than LT which we could use but Oliver would be the Aaron Donaldesque force we need on the DL, I would also like LB Josh Allen as an edge rusher, we could corner the market on Josh Allen's.

Greg Little appears to have the most upside, though folks question his desire to actually play football. I've read that Williams is better suited to play Guard in the pros. It's not evident there is a top LT in the draft. Oliver is supposedly undersized and possibly a bit of a headcase. I'm not terribly keen on any of these fellas.

I went Oliver.  My hope is that they solidify the OL (OT, C, RG) and 1 WR starter via free agency.  I'd like to see veteran linemen protecting Josh.  I hope they go DL round one.  Then draft 2 WRs, a TE, OL, CB, and LB.  Also add a RB via draft or FA.

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 3

I go with Oliver simply because of what's available in FA and the rest of the draft. 

Also, when looking at Williams, I am reading that his best position is LT which could be upgraded, but is by no means the biggest need. That being said, it's hard to spend a big pick on a guy and play him out of position. 

As others have said, Our offensive line looks 75% better by signing Daryl Williams (this years Star Lotulelei in that it seems almost a guarantee that he ends up here) and Mitch Morse or Matt Paradis. 

We can find a guard in FA or the draft and be in good shape which opens the door to adding Oliver. Interior rusher is a huge need now that Kyle is out. 

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I go with Oliver simply because of what's available in FA and the rest of the draft. 

Also, when looking at Williams, I am reading that his best position is LT which could be upgraded, but is by no means the biggest need. That being said, it's hard to spend a big pick on a guy and play him out of position. 

As others have said, Our offensive line looks 75% better by signing Daryl Williams (this years Star Lotulelei in that it seems almost a guarantee that he ends up here) and Mitch Morse or Matt Paradis. 

We can find a guard in FA or the draft and be in good shape which opens the door to adding Oliver. Interior rusher is a huge need now that Kyle is out. 

we could sign FA RT Daryl Williams and then draft OG Darryl Williams, Mississippi State also...win win :)

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went Oliver because I think he is the more impactful player. 

I agree with that, and agree with above that he’s not likely to fall to 8 without a reason. Character and actual size may get some scrutiny, but the guy has something special. 

I’m curious if you think Williams is better at LT or RT. I don’t know enough to have an opinion, but that’s pretty high to take a RT. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Bakin said:

Let’s say we have pick 8 and both of these beasts are available (and for all us BPA analbeads they are tied in BPA value). 

Who do you pick???

This would kill me. 

What say you?

I say neither one. Devin White please. DW will be best player in this draft when its all said and done. Drafting White will allow Mcd to move Edmunds where he belongs at OLB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1