Zay Jones: The numbers show that he is a #2.

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

#3 and #4 WRs don't score 7 TDs a year and Zay isn't done growing. He's not a #1, but he can be a very good #2. He'll have even more production next year when Allen settles down.

dont get me wrong....would LOVE for Zay to grow into that roll

I think what we need is a better WR/TE core in general......with players that do some things that are not being done now......

A true number 1 would cure a lot of ills here

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

dont get me wrong....would LOVE for Zay to grow into that roll

I think what we need is a better WR/TE core in general......with players that do some things that are not being done now......

A true number 1 would cure a lot of ills here

Absolutely, a true #1 would just cause Zay, Foster and McKenzie to shine that much more. He can line up outside or in the slot, doesn't matter. He's a good player, just not a #1 and never will be. I do think Zay is a good enough player though that he should be in red, white and blue long term. Whether that's as a 1234567, I don't care. He's a nice player.

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

#3 and #4 WRs don't score 7 TDs a year and Zay isn't done growing. He's not a #1, but he can be a very good #2. He'll have even more production next year when Allen settles down.

sure they do, especially when they are given #1 wr playing time and targets

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Boy, id love to have an offense where our third and fourth WR are ranked top 50 in the league. 

I wonder if you’re right enough to figure out how dumb your comment was...

ranked 50 in stats lol he was one of the most target wrs in the league

get your iq up

25 minutes ago, BakersBills said:

sure they do, especially when they are given #1 wr playing time and targets

ranked 50 in stats lol he was one of the most target wrs in the league

get your iq up

Come back, I want to hear more about Zay Jones, the WR who was one fo the most targeted in the league.  I need more fire takes. 

It was illuminating watching JuJu in Pitt today, with no #1 WR attracting defensive attention away from him. He's a talented player, but the big numbers in football are often a result of so many factors beyond the individual player's ability...

Remember when Pearless Price put up monstrous numbers, for example? Why was that? And why was it not duplicated in Atlanta after he was moved? (Serious eye issues notwithstanding.) 

It's difficult to analyze offensive production in a vacuum. Football is the ultimate team sport.

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Come back, I want to hear more about Zay Jones, the WR who was one fo the most targeted in the league.  I need more fire takes. 

56 catches on 93 target is horrible. Are you related to zay? Or just missing a chromosome?

his best game came when it didn’t matter, only relevant in division games this year. Was non existent other wise.

stats when the game doesn’t matter...don’t matter

wins when the game doesn’t matter...don’t matter

when the season is on the line, when the game is on line, when the pressure is there zay doesn’t show up.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A 2 TD performance and yuze guys are still complaining. SMH. 

His performance today came against a depleted Phins secondary that will see significant turnover save Fitzpatrick by next season.  Not something to prove he's graduated to being a Z.

I'm not going to complain when I see a guy who's obviously progressing from year 1 to year 2. He doubled or more than doubled his receptions, yards, and TD's. He is 23, he was working with a first year QB with no other viable options at WR. Give. It. Time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1