My free agent moves

RPbillsfan

We need to beef up our pass rush big time. I think our 1st pick should be a penetrating DT or a pass rushing DE, which would allow us to trade T Murphy, whom I think was a mistake on Beane's part. It will be interesting to see if Murphy or Lawson sticks next year. I don't see both of them being around.

8 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here's what I think the cost of each FA will be for 2019

Alexander 4 million

Phillips - 3.5 Million

Mills 2.5 Million

Paradies - 9 Million

Willians - 8 Million

Foster - 7 Million

Tyrell Williams - 10 million

Yeldon - 5 Million

James - 5 Million

Barr - 12 Million

66 Million in 2019 Cap Space with 91 Million Cap Space

Plenty to make these moves"

you need to figure in both the competitive premium plus the  "buffalo premium" required to offset most players natural reluctance to come to this place.   so add 40% to 50% to all these numbers,  a greater premium than that required to get over the hill Mario Williams to sign 

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I like the way you think, although I doubt we can get all of those players, but it sure would be nice to see the Bills try.

As for the draft, I think that the Bills should look into the possibility of trading down. Specifically with teams like the Packers & Raiders, whom both have multiple first rounders. If the Bills are picking in the top 10, which is very likely, that pick could be very enticing.

Getting another 2nd round pick would be a good thing.

...good call......could easily see McBeane doing this..............

• Thank you (+1) 1

ok, going by your off-season my draft would be :

1 - DT ED Oliver

2 - WR Deebo Samuel / WR Marquise " Hollywood " Brown

3 - OG Micheal Deiter

4 - DE Carl Granderson

4 - TE Alize Mack

5 - RB Mike Weber

6 - WR Anthony Johnson

Edited by Tsaikotic
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

What’s everyone’s infatuation with Tyrell Williams?

6'4", 220, under 4.5 speed, runs nice routes, better then average hands, huge catch radius.  Guess that's my infatuation.

Now, what's your issue as him as a Buffalo Bill?

1 minute ago, Tsaikotic said:

1 - DT Oliver

2 - WR Deebo Samuel / WR Hollywood Brown

3 - OG Micheal Deiter

4 - DE Carl Granderson

4 - TE Alize Mack

5-7 BPA

I see where your going.  Thinking Oliver is selected before our pick at 10, prefer Hakeem Butler WR of Iowa State with 2nd round pick.  Brown is faster version of McKenzie and equally brittle, I like Deiter and I need to do research on Grandersin.  Prefer Hockenson over Mack at TE.

Nice job and appreciate your feedback

I see a lot of people have us getting Matt Paradis as their big pickup. Honestly I don’t watch OL enough to know if he any good but does everybody know he’s gonna be 30 next season? I don’t know if I wanna give a guy a five year expensive deal moving into his 30s

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan

Use free agency to fix both lines. We are not physical enough and are constantly  blown off the ball on both sides. There are almost no good skill position players available in FA. Also colleges aren’t developing Olineman the way they used to. Use the money in free agency to fix the Oline and the Dline. I know it’s not sexy but it needs to be done. Use the draft to find the WRs and the RBs.

18 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

6'4", 220, under 4.5 speed, runs nice routes, better then average hands, huge catch radius.  Guess that's my infatuation.

Now, what's your issue as him as a Buffalo Bill?

I see where your going.  Thinking Oliver is selected before our pick at 10, prefer Hakeem Butler WR of Iowa State with 2nd round pick.  Brown is faster version of McKenzie and equally brittle, I like Deiter and I need to do research on Grandersin.  Prefer Hockenson over Mack at TE.

Nice job and appreciate your feedback

I wanted to go OG Daryll Williams, but that might be confusing having 2 guys with same name on starting o-line..lol

17 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

1 - DT ED Oliver

3 - OG Micheal Deiter

4 - DE Carl Granderson

4 - TE Alize Mack

5 - RB Mike Weber

6 - WR Anthony Johnson

I think that if you do not believe there will be a defensive back, or two, in there somewhere you have not been paying attention.  

I think we need a top FA OLine and an OLine in the top 50 of the draft (the Bills should have two choices in the top 50).

I also think I agree with other posters who indicate that Sean will have his way and an edge rusher will be the first pick.

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I think that if you do not believe there will be a defensive back, or two, in there somewhere you have not been paying attention.  

I think we need a top FA OLine and an OLine in the top 50 of the draft (the Bills should have two choices in the top 50).

I also think I agree with other posters who indicate that Sean will have his way and an edge rusher will be the first pick.

yea this was just a quick mock with no real investigation :)

57 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

1 - DT ED Oliver

3 - OG Micheal Deiter

4 - DE Carl Granderson

4 - TE Alize Mack

5 - RB Mike Weber

6 - WR Anthony Johnson

Anthony Johnson is a borderline 1st round pick.  I want him on the Bills, but 6th is ridiculous

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here's what I think the cost of each FA will be for 2019

Alexander 4 million

Phillips - 3.5 Million

Mills 2.5 Million

Paradies - 9 Million

Willians - 8 Million

Foster - 7 Million

Tyrell Williams - 10 million

Yeldon - 5 Million

James - 5 Million

Barr - 12 Million

66 Million in 2019 Cap Space with 91 Million Cap Space

Plenty to make these moves

I think you’re forgetting that there are LOTS of teams with LOTS of money to spend.  Zero chance we land that haul.  Almost all the guys you want will be courted by all the teams with money and in many cases, better situations.  

I just hope we sign paradies.  He’s my #1 target.  D Williams #2.  I really hope we don’t pay Barr.  

46 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Use free agency to fix both lines. We are not physical enough and are constantly  blown off the ball on both sides. There are almost no good skill position players available in FA. Also colleges aren’t developing Olineman the way they used to. Use the money in free agency to fix the Oline and the Dline. I know it’s not sexy but it needs to be done. Use the draft to find the WRs and the RBs.

The draft is STACKED at DL

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty on point, but you never know how things will shake out.  Free Agency and trades will determine what we do in the draft.  I’m betting Beane and McD will bundle draft pics to get better people higher in the draft.  Even though we have 10 or so picks, if we can the right 7 guys for starters and depth, we’ll see a spike next year.

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Anthony Johnson is a borderline 1st round pick.  I want him on the Bills, but 6th is ridiculous

I agree with the 6th being ridiculous, but I think he's lost his 1st rd appeal...I saw a lot of mocks and prospect ratings b4 the 2018 college season had him as the top 1-3 wr's, but now he's moved down a bit...some have him around #20 wr...i just threw his name on there real quick cuz I would like to see Bills actually go for a good player from UB this time

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think you’re forgetting that there are LOTS of teams with LOTS of money to spend.  Zero chance we land that haul.  Almost all the guys you want will be courted by all the teams with money and in many cases, better situations.  

I just hope we sign paradies.  He’s my #1 target.  D Williams #2.  I really hope we don’t pay Barr.  

The draft is STACKED at DL

That’s fine. But we need other things and there are almost no WRs or RBs in FA

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

1 - DT ED Oliver

3 - OG Micheal Deiter

4 - DE Carl Granderson

4 - TE Alize Mack

5 - RB Mike Weber

6 - WR Anthony Johnson

no tackle? 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Easier said than done. Teams don't let their stud Olinemen walk. Most of the successful teams have built their line through the draft, and that means they are going to have to spend 1s and 2s not 5s on linemen. I'm not sold on Teller or Dawkins and they still need depth. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

no tackle? 

Easier said than done. Teams don't let their stud Olinemen walk. Most of the successful teams have built their line through the draft, and that means they are going to have to spend 1s and 2s not 5s on linemen. I'm not sold on Teller or Dawkins and they still need depth. 

I didn't add one cuz he added one in FA...but now I look again he brought in an OG too..so..oh well...lol