My free agent moves

RPbillsfan

I think the Bills have needs that dovetail nicely with the available free agents.  With the cap space available I sign 3 of our own.

Lorenzo Alexander

Jordan Phillips

Jordan Mills

Then add:

C - Matt Paradies

RT - Darryl Williams

OG - Ali Marpet

TE - Jessie James

WR - Tyrell Williams

RB - TJ Weldon

OLB - Anthony Barr

Cutting:

Charles Clay

Vlad Ducasse

Chris Ivory

Patrick DiMarco

Then going into the draft this would be our roster:

QB

Allen

Barkley

RB

McCoy

Murphy

Yeldon

Ford

WR

Tyrell Williams

Robert Foster

Zay Jones

Issiah McKenzie

TE

Jesse James

Jason Crook

Logan Thomas

OL

Duon Dawkins

Ali Marpet

Matt Paradies

Wyatt Teller

Darryl Williams

Jordan Mills

Russell Bodine

20 Players on offense

3 Special teams

DT

Jordan Phillips

Harrison Phillips

Star Leteoulai

DE

Robert Hughes

Shaq Lawson

Trent Murphy

LB

Tremaine Edmunds

Matt Milano

Lorenzo Alexander

Anthony Barr

Julian Sanford

CB

Tre White

Levi Wallace

Tauron Johnson

S

Micah Hyde

Jordan Piyer

Rafael Bush

Siran Neal

18 defensive players

Total number of roster plays is 41, we have 10 draft choices to add and obviously other players on the roster to fill out the team.

Based on the projected 41, how would you do the draft assuming we are drafting 10th

Projected Draft Order

1 Cardinals

2. 49ers

3. Raiders

4. Jets

5. Lions

6. Jaguars

7. Falcons

8. Bucs

9. Giants

10. Bills

Sorry for the long post but lot of research and setting up roster to define positions of need.

Thanks for the read and your feedback.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks for your thoughts..

Note that Marpet is off the FA list as re-signed with the Bucs.,

Tyrell Williams and Paradis would be my wet dream.., they are going to be two of the most in demand free agents this off season so I’d probably be happy getting one of them..

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Tyrell Williams and Paradis would be my wet dream.., they are going to be two of the most in demand free agents this off season so I’d probably be happy getting one of them..

Excellent catch, please substitute Ramon Foster instead of Marpet

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Nice, indeed. All the “known names” will bring ridiculous dollars. We may go for a few, but I like the pick ups like Hyde and Poyer. Guys I really couldn’t tell you about, but bring it! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nice, indeed. All the “known names” will bring ridiculous dollars. We may go for a few, but I like the pick ups like Hyde and Poyer. Guys I really couldn’t tell you about, but bring it! 

Here's what I think the cost of each FA will be for 2019

Alexander 4 million

Phillips - 3.5 Million

Mills 2.5 Million

Paradies - 9 Million

Willians - 8 Million

Foster - 7 Million

Tyrell Williams - 10 million

Yeldon - 5 Million

James - 5 Million

Barr - 12 Million

66 Million in 2019 Cap Space with 91 Million Cap Space

Plenty to make these moves

16 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Based on roster shown in thread

1st:

Jonah Williams - OT Alabama

I'd move him to guard and start him 

2nd:

Hakeem Butler - WR Iowa State

3rd:

2nd TE from Iowa

4th:

Bryce Love

Top DT Available

My wet dream Round 1 pick is Kentucky LB Josh Allen

Hockensen - TE Iowa 3rd Round

23 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here's what I think the cost of each FA will be for 2019

Alexander 4 million

Phillips - 3.5 Million

Mills 2.5 Million

Paradies - 9 Million

Willians - 8 Million

Foster - 7 Million

Tyrell Williams - 10 million

Yeldon - 5 Million

James - 5 Million

Barr - 12 Million

66 Million in 2019 Cap Space with 91 Million Cap Space

Plenty to make these moves

I think you might be a little light with a couple of these..

There is more than a few teams with money to spend that means some of these guys are going to get paid plenty..

Remember Watkins (WR) got $16M a year last year and Nate Solder(OT)  $15.5M a year and Andrew Norwell (OG)$13.5M a year..

Edited by Aussie Joe

37 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

2nd TE from Iowa

4th:

Bryce Love

Top DT Available

Butler is on my radar too. He just made an amazing catch.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Butler is on my radar too. He just made an amazing catch.

Can you imagine 6'6" Butler on one side, 6'4" Tyrell Williams on the other, Foster running deep routes.

My God it's a dream WR group when you add Zay and McKenzie.

3 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Sounds great, now if the Bills can just convince the other 31 teams to not go shopping they'll be in business.

I'm thinking Colts or Jets spend 50 million on Bell, Texans will be competitive on OL FA.  Jets just extended Enouwma for 4 yrs 36 million so with a young franchise QB in place, starter gigs and money the Bills can really put together an amazing young team

There is no doubt that the Bills have plenty of money to sign that many players............but realistically that's like half of the good players that might actually make it to free agency and lot's of teams have lot's of money to spend..........by virtue of supply and demand they will be lucky to get a couple of them.

Then they will probably be rummaging thru the injury bin like last offseason or trading for a bad contract from one of the very small handful of teams who could use a little cap relief or just have buyers remorse.

Something like trading a conditional pick to Jax for former Panther All Pro G Andrew Norwell and taking on his enormous fully guaranteed $13M base salary and hoping he rebounds from a poor and injury riddled year.   They are probably going to have to get creative to fill holes with quality and that cap room might be used in ways that in the past would seem crazy.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is no doubt that the Bills have plenty of money to sign that many players............but realistically that's like half of the good players that might actually make it to free agency and lot's of teams have lot's of money to spend..........by virtue of supply and demand they will be lucky to get a couple of them.

Then they will probably be rummaging thru the injury bin like last offseason or trading for a bad contract from one of the very small handful of teams who could use a little cap relief or just have buyers remorse.

Something like trading a conditional pick to Jax for former Panther All Pro G Andrew Norwell and taking on his enormous fully guaranteed $13M base salary and hoping he rebounds from a poor and injury riddled year.   They are probably going to have to get creative to fill holes with quality and that cap room might be used in ways that in the past would seem crazy.

What you say is quite correct.  But teams have needs, bad contracts and cap limits.  For example, Steelers can afford James and Foster, Chargers can't issue another big contract to a WR, can Broncos keep Paradies when they are stuck with Keenan and still need a QB.  Vikings are tight on the cap and can't afford Barr. Jags cap is totally blown so they can't afford Yeldon.  Beane & McDermott have history with Williams.

So, the players I have suggested are all potentially signable based on Current teams roster issues and then it's just making the best offer.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not a bad idea but looking at his contract the Jags probably take their chances with him and can move on at the end of 2020..

Like the thinking outside the square though..

9 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

What you say is quite correct.  But teams have needs, bad contracts and cap limits.  For example, Steelers can afford James and Foster, Chargers can't issue another big contract to a WR, can Broncos keep Paradies when they are stuck with Keenan and still need a QB.  Vikings are tight on the cap and can't afford Barr. Jags cap is totally blown so they can't afford Yeldon.  Beane & McDermott have history with Williams.

So, the players I have suggested are all potentially signable based on Current teams roster issues and then it's just making the best offer.

Oh like I said I think you are right and those are guys who will make it to free agency............it's just that lot's of teams will be in on them.    TONS of cap room available around the league.

Should be especially competitive wrt O-Lineman.   There are so many bad OL's around the league that desperately need help. 

And the influx of talented young QB's has everyone trying to figure out how to shortcut their rookie QB to being highly productive.   And the Rams/Eagles/Chiefs/Bears models have been to stack receiving targets.    So that group should get picked over fast too.   

More then anything else I'm of the belief the Bills have to come out of free agency with 3 offensive lineman, one WR, one TE, one RB and an OLB.

The players I listed are my dream list but for every player taken by another team or resigned you simply go down the list and pursue the next player.

if we add 7 players at the positions listed we can move forward to draft the best player at a position of need.

My dream FA would be:

1.) Matt Paradis, C, Denver: Make him the highest paid center in the NFL and lock him in for 5 years.

2.) AJ Cann, OG, JAX: Above average guard, overpay if you have to. Pay him based off of potential, make him feel wanted.

3.) Cole Beasley, WR, Dallas: He can fill the Welker/Edelman/Amendola role in Brian Daboll's offense. Low tier signing but could provide us a valuable service. Veteran receiver to coach up our younger guys.

4.) Tevin Coleman, RB, Atlanta and TJ Yeldon, RB, Jacksonville: Cut Ivory and McCoy, all the savings get split 50/50 down the middle between Yeldon and Coleman.

5.) Best MLB we can get, Tremaine Edmunds takes over for Zo and gets moved all over the field like a weapon.

Go BPA, whether that's defense or offense, it doesn't matter.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

More then anything else I'm of the belief the Bills have to come out of free agency with 3 offensive lineman, one WR, one TE, one RB and an OLB.

The players I listed are my dream list but for every player taken by another team or resigned you simply go down the list and pursue the next player.

if we add 7 players at the positions listed we can move forward to draft the best player at a position of need.

I like the way you think, although I doubt we can get all of those players, but it sure would be nice to see the Bills try.

As for the draft, I think that the Bills should look into the possibility of trading down. Specifically with teams like the Packers & Raiders, whom both have multiple first rounders. If the Bills are picking in the top 10, which is very likely, that pick could be very enticing.

Getting another 2nd round pick would be a good thing.

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not a bad idea but looking at his contract the Jags probably take their chances with him and can move on at the end of 2020..

Like the thinking outside the square though..

Keeping him on the roster eats up $13M of cap room over the 2019-2020 period.    Yeah there are immediate dead money implications.......but those $13M are hard cap dollars that *could* be entirely avoided.   Norwell had a terrible year and then got hurt so they might not even find a taker if they wanted to.

Beane has shown both the willingness to take high bust-risk deals like Vontae Davis and Trent Murphy in hopes of getting a stud short term at a discount........ but they've also settled for bargain scraps like Bodine and Newhouse.

Overall I expect more trading in the NFL this offseason.   Lot's of teams with holes,  not a lot of free agents.......guys that might have labored as depth around the league in the past might get dealt.    Wouldn't be shocked to see a guy like Shaq or Zay dealt.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

2nd TE from Iowa

4th:

Bryce Love

Top DT Available

Not thrilled about using a top 10 pick on a guard.