Steelers DC is worried about Eifert this week, even though he’s on IR

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

The question that runs through my mind when I read this - what if this were McDermott, Frasier, or Daboll?  How would TBD react?

Tomlin is going to have a fun conversation with him I'm sure... although if I were Pittsburgh ownership, I'd be wondering what the hell Tomlin does during the week if his coordinators are this misinformed.

Butler is dead man walking anyway... from what I hear 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

It's funny for a moment until you realize the Steelers are playing for a possible playoff berth.  Meanwhile the Bills are hoping for another top 10 draft pick

This doesn’t have anything to do with the Bills ...

but the Stillers need to depend on the Browns to beat a good team on the road to get in the playoffs so they are royally... you know 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I’m glad coach brought up the Tight End position. The Dolphins have this guy named Charles Clay and he is the Swiss Army knife of that offense. I have been losing sleep at night thinking of the damage he will do when lining up at H-Back position with Milano out. 

I'm thinking Angelo Crowell is gonna have to come up big in coverage or it could be lights out.

3 hours ago, CommonCents said:

I’m glad coach brought up the Tight End position. The Dolphins have this guy named Charles Clay and he is the Swiss Army knife of that offense. I have been losing sleep at night thinking of the damage he will do when lining up at H-Back position with Milano out. 

Yeah right. Steelers DC isn't falling for that smokescreen he knows full and well Matt Milano is balling out at Boston College and he's gunning for him in the 6th. Matt Milano on the Bills? Pshh

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is why Bill Belicheck doesn't let anyone speak.

Exactly. Every player and coach should have a script. Nothing gets out. Media hates their lives because of how boring interviews are. Perfect.

And I'm not joking.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ricky Williams really did a number on our D as i recall. Hope we used the last 15 years wisely to prepare. 

Light snow and sleet and eventually a full-on barrage of near whiteout conditions didn’t stop Ricky Williams from rushing for a career-best 228 yards at Buffalo on Dec. 1, 2002. That remains a Miami franchise record, and it came on a day when the temperature was 25 degrees at kickoff with a wind chill of 13. There was a 73-yard touchdown pass from Bledsoe to Peerless Price, the play that put Buffalo ahead to stay in a 38-21 victory.

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Light snow and sleet and eventually a full-on barrage of near whiteout conditions didn’t stop Ricky Williams from rushing for a career-best 228 yards at Buffalo on Dec. 1, 2002. That remains a Miami franchise record, and it came on a day when the temperature was 25 degrees at kickoff with a wind chill of 13. There was a 73-yard touchdown pass from Bledsoe to Peerless Price, the play that put Buffalo ahead to stay in a 38-21 victory.

Wow I remember the snow and that Williams ran all over us... but did not remember that the Bills won.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow I remember the snow and that Williams ran all over us... but did not remember that the Bills won.

I remember watching on TV.  Perfectly clear weather and went to a commercial then came back to a white TV screen. 

13 hours ago, transient said:

Eiffert is the least of their worries. If Munoz can keep Esiason clean and Collinsworth has a big day that would open things up for Ickey, who is primed for a huge game... the Steelers could be in serious trouble. 

The Ickey Shuffle is such a hit dance move with the millennials!! 

13 hours ago, transient said:

Eiffert is the least of their worries. If Munoz can keep Esiason clean and Collinsworth has a big day that would open things up for Ickey, who is primed for a huge game... the Steelers could be in serious trouble. 

The problem with that thinking is that if you roll the FS over to Collinsworth, Carl Pickens will torch man coverage. Damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing. And I wouldn't discount the possibility that Cincy may be thinking about a quarterback change. Coslet is known to favor this kid named Jeff Blake. Might not be a bad thing for Esiason with Greene and Lloyd gunning for his head every play.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So this legitimately makes you wonder how much film coaches actually watch and how much is them just totally faking it.

No different than any other job.

Unbelievable.

I'd seriously consider firing him if he hasn't shown a good resume. Good god idk how this is percieved among NFL coaches but I imagine it has to be seen as the Pinnacle of incompetence. 

I might be wrong maybe they all have scripted sound bites about whatever they don't really want to tell the media and this is just a minor screw up.

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'd seriously consider firing him if he hasn't shown a good resume. Good god idk how this is percieved among NFL coaches but I imagine it has to be seen as the Pinnacle of incompetence. 

I might be wrong maybe they all have scripted sound bites about whatever they don't really want to tell the media and this is just a minor screw up.

Maybe but the backup TE Tyler Kraft has also been on IR for awhile. And the TE they use, Uzomah, looks nothing like eifert and plays nothing like him. The game film now is all HD... you can see who it is . So bizzare. 

• Haha (+1) 1