Kyles retirement probably puts DT as a possibility in round 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Going to miss Kyle was the heart and soul of the D but it does seem with where we will be drafting that Dexter Lawrence and Ed Oliver are a distinct possibility now...with taking care of our offensive needs coming in rounds 2,3,4 etc..

I think you're going to see most of our Offensive needs taken care of by Free Agency or Trade before the Draft. And you should never reach for someone based on need. So players like Ed Oliver were always on the table.

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

All teams have needs.  All teams have holes.  It was a rebuild because we had a rookie QB (and other roster purges). 

Stop with this nonsense. 

Yes.  Its that simple.  All teams have holes.  That is the real nonsense. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think you're going to see most of our Offensive needs taken care of by Free Agency or Trade before the Draft. And you should never reach for someone based on need. So players like Ed Oliver were always on the table.

I really think we will invest heavily on OL during free agency. It’s a good year to be a FA with all the teams out there with tons of cash to start the bidding wars! 

It is supposed to be a great DL draft, so let that fall into your laps.

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I really think we will invest heavily on OL during free agency. It’s a good year to be a FA with all the teams out there with tons of cash to start the bidding wars! 

It is supposed to be a great DL draft, so let that fall into your laps.

...typical Kyle to make the announcement now with plenty of time to plan ahead for draft & FA.....

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you K. Williams for always giving full effort and maintaining your level of excellence throughout your career.   Made me proud as a Bills a fan.  

Regarding the draft, Bills should take the best player available.   Don't reach for need and don't trade up.   Seems like D-Line could be BPA in first round.   Sign Jordan Phillips to reduce needs going into draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...typical Kyle to make the announcement now with plenty of time to plan ahead for draft & FA.....

I thought it would come after Sunday, but I certainly don’t begrudge him announcing now. He certainly deserves a big send off. And you’re right, he’d never screw the team by being selfish about this. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

After the pats game I started to come around to the idea of revamping the DL room

There is a real perfect storm happening on DL so agree wholeheartedly.

DT - Need one for sure, possibly 2.

Kyle - Need a 3 technique given his retirement

Star - OK as signed multiyear deal expires at end of 2022

Harrison Philips - 3 more years as signed 4 yeear deal as rookie

Jordan Philips  - FA this off season -  OBD has to decide if they want him back

DE - need one for sure, possibly 2.  Lack of talent at end on one side and Jerry's age/contract make this a real issue.

Jerry - Only signed through end of 2019

Shaq -  One year left on rookie deal with Team option for 2020.  

Murphy - signed through 2020 but injury concerns an issue

The other guys, Love, Yarborough are FAs after Miami game.

In Rd 1 we could see OBD taking the other Josh Allen to ultimately replace Jerry and use him in a Zo type role next year.  Or an Ed Oliver to replace Kyle.

Kyle was a great player, great teammate and participant in the WNY community.  Made everyoine he came in contact with better for knowing him!

Edited by freddyjj