Kyle Williams: Officially Retires

Clemfield2622

10 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Only in Buffalo fans can celebrate mediocrity like this. Kyle is a nice guy but he got blown off the line of scrimmage quite a bit.

2007 7-9

2008 7-9

2009 6-10

2010 4-12

2011 6-10

2012 6-10

2013 6-10

2014 9-7

2015 8-8

2016 7-9

2017 9-7

2018 6-10

81-111

Thank you Mr Scrooge. I believe the Ghost of Christmas past and the Grim Reaper are trying to get through to you

I became a season ticket holder the year before Kyle was drafted. It's been almost an interrupted stream of steady losing since then and yet with each of Kyle's Pro Bowl invites and on field achievements, he gave me confidence to renew my tickets. No one legitimized our team the way he did. Imagine what determination he must have had to perform at that level in a sea of mediocrity. 

Mario Williams and TO came here for the paycheck and quickly checked out but Kyle publicly expressed his preference for being a Bill when it was anything but fashionable and it may even have cost him some money and opportunity. The fact that he performed at a Pro Bowl level for the duration of his time here without being an athlete of the Khalil Mack/Jadeveon Clowney/Ndamokong Suh variety just begins to hint as to his depth of character. 

At the risk of sounding disloyal, I will confess to secretly wishing he left for a contender to get his due as a name on the Lombardi.

We've been very blessed to have such a professional in our midst who deeply loved our team and community. My Bills attire will soon include his jersey. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I became a season ticket holder the year before Kyle was drafted. It's been almost an interrupted stream of steady losing since then and yet with each of Kyle's Pro Bowl invites and on field achievements, he gave me confidence to renew my tickets. No one legitimized our team the way he did. Imagine what determination he must have had to perform at that level in a sea of mediocrity. 

Mario Williams and TO came here for the paycheck and quickly checked out but Kyle publicly expressed his preference for being a Bill when it was anything but fashionable and it may even have cost him some money and opportunity. The fact that he performed at a Pro Bowl level for the duration of his time here without being an athlete of the Khalil Mack/Jadeveon Clowney/Ndamokong Suh variety just begins to hint as to his depth of character. 

At the risk of sounding disloyal, I will confess to secretly wishing he left for a contender to get his due as a name on the Lombardi.

We've been very blessed to have such a professional in our midst who deeply loved our team and community. My Bills attire will soon include his jersey. 

Really well said, Stu.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Really well said, Stu.

Shaw, I wish you and your loved ones the very best of the holiday season and 2019. Your contributions to the Bills community are a big part of what keep me coming back.

I just spent the Xmas holidays in Seahawk country on the Canadian side. I was born in Vancouver and was a Seahawks/Raiders fan before moving to Ontario at age 19 and discovering the Bills. Before that the Bills were just another team on TV I would never identify with.

The beautiful experience of gameday at the Ralph (yes I will always call it that despite the ever changing corporate sponsorships) is like nothing else I have experienced anywhere else. We are a great community because of posters like you. 

As for me, I will keep my season ticket account up as long as I can. I just came back from helping my Mom recoup from heart surgery on Vancouver Island. I may move back west so as to fulfill my family obligation. 

I can tell that when the Bills show up i Seattle, I will be sporting their gear.

Wishing 2019's glad tidings to you and your loved ones.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:48 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

There have been many great DT’s in Bills history but I think that Kyle, perhaps, was one of the best when you take into account his success, production, longetivity and meaning to the Bills franchise.

Take a look at these numbers:

13 years, 5 Pro Bowls, 48.5 sacks

A few others worth considering for their time in Buffalo :

Fred Smerlas

10 years, 1 All Pro, 4 Pro Bowls (16.5 sacks)

Ted Washington

5 years, 3 Pro Bowls, (19.5 sacks)

Pat Williams

8 years, 0 Pro Bowls, (12.5 sacks)

Marcel Darius 

7 years, 1 All Pro, 1 Pro Bowl (35.5 sacks)

Jeff Wright:

ok so this was a joke.

But what are your thoughts?  I say Kyle is the best 

ted was the best NT but Kyle is definitely the best DT.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:48 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

There have been many great DT’s in Bills history but I think that Kyle, perhaps, was one of the best when you take into account his success, production, longetivity and meaning to the Bills franchise.

Fred Smerlas

Ted Washington

Pat Williams

Marcel Darius 

Jeff Wright:

ok so this was a joke.

Kyle was very good for a long time, but for best DT, Tom Sestak says hello:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Sestak

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Was at the game ... it was a unbelievable tribute to a Bills Legend ... he and his style is why you love the Bills.   Some yayhoo's can post his won/loss record (JohninMinn) ... but as I recall there are 10 other players on defense, an entire offense, and special teams ... you give me 53 players with Kyle Williams passion and drive and you'd have multiple super bowl rings.

As was chanted in the stands over and over and over again on Sunday.. THANK YOU KYLE!!!

image.png.6ca82ce80468273a8780d6099626490c.png

• Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Was at the game ... it was a unbelievable tribute to a Bills Legend ... he and his style is why you love the Bills.   Some yayhoo's can post his won/loss record (JohninMinn) ... but as I recall there are 10 other players on defense, an entire offense, and special teams ... you give me 53 players with Kyle Williams passion and drive and you'd have multiple super bowl rings.

As was chanted in the stands over and over and over again on Sunday.. THANK YOU KYLE!!!

image.png.6ca82ce80468273a8780d6099626490c.png

Thank you for the post !
so pleased his send off was done with such class from everyone involved : )

Edited by 3rdand12

On 12/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

Fred Smerlas

Ted Washington

Pat Williams

Marcel Darius 

Jeff Wright:

ok so this was a joke.

Tom Sestak is missing.  All Time AFL team.  The best player on the Best Defense in mid 60’s AFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

"Have a career"? What is that supposed to mean?

Ugh, this trend of people stupidly saying, "Have a day! Have a day!" is so annoying and makes no ***** sense.

Some intern with ‘passion’ just ‘reaching out’ to celebrate Williams.  A ‘must have’!  Jesus, remember when people knew how to speak and write?