Kyle Williams: Officially Retires

Clemfield2622

I am glad Kyle is looking to get out at age 35, he has had a significant amount of injury issues and playing deep into your 30's can take its toll. Kyle has also collected on a big contract so its not like he needs the money. I hope he enjoys retirement. It was so great to see him end the drought and come back to try and be the glue for a young defense. Even through his last season was a losing season he had a good year and certainly helped lay the foundation for the defense and the culture of the new regime. Really always loved Kyle, he was almost always a bright spot for a team with so few bright spots. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh it's more than clear that there are a ton of Bills fans who can't eat enough sh*t sandwiches.    There is always next year for fans.

For a highly competitive.....and very wealthy....guy like KW.......coming back for a final season of LIKELY getting embarrassed by Belichick again probably wouldn't be too appealing.

That coaching job last Sunday had McDermott looking like a beaten stooge.......all that was missing was Sean saying "He can take hisn' and beat yourn' or yourn' and beat hisn'".

Good luck to KW........on the golf course his results won't be at the mercy of Bills ownership or GM's and coaches and QB's. 

Can you politely can it for just a little while while we celebrate Kyle's career? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Sadly, this may provide McDermott with the rationale he needs when drafting defense in the 1st round next year...

Though we desperately need offensive help, I just have this feeling that as a defensive minded coach he was already planning on drafting that way before KW retired, so this might just cement his decision.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's different because he's a year older, wealthier and wiser.............and yeah I think he probably "just now" realizes McDermott can't beat Belichick.........Belichick owns him in a way he didn't own Marrone or Rex or Gailey.........I mean even Jauron almost won a game in NE...........McD hasn't even been competitive against him at a time when the Pats are the most vulnerable they've been since the early 2000's.   They hadn't even scored a single offensive touchdown against NE since McD took over until that last minute garbage timer Sunday.  4 games without a TD! ?

What did I expect?   With NE reeling from two straight losses I expected the Bills to be able to be competitive with a division rival.    You know, like the Dolphins always are once a year at least.    But what was really surprising was how disinterested/lethargic the Pats seemed and yet how easily they blew the "deer in headlights" Bills out.   That simply should not have happened.

You want to call that butt hurt........yeah my guess is you take the losses a lot harder than me.   It's all entertainment to me but I call it as I see it.

hes 35 instead of 34 and has about 57 million instead of 52....all things considered not much difference there other than you reading into things.  Jauron "almost won"  LOL is that what we aspire to?   Jauron had like 5 years too.   you seem really upset for someone who takes losses like a big boy.   The Bills are close to last place in the division, the Pats first in the division.   The Pats were at home and needed to win while the Bills were in Christmas mode with nothing to play for other than pride.   So one team is clearly better, playing at home and with something to play for and then you get surprised when they win handily.   That is just silly.   I saw exactly what I expected to see and it had no impact on my day.

Edited by mattynh

Thanks for the memories Kyle, especially this one:

New Year's eve 2017 - A long awaited day of elation in my Bills memory bank...Kyle's TD... then the end of drought celebration with Kyle hoisting his boys after Dalton's TD pass.

And this one was well earned over your career.

12/30/2108 - The winds of change - Kyle retires.

9 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

You can make the case that he was the best value draft pick the Bills have ever taken. In the 5th Round and he'll be going up on the Wall of Fame.

He is up there with Andre Reed,  4 th round, HOF.

Tom Sestak, all time AFL and WOF, 17th round

• Like (+1) 1

Not entirely unexpected but still sad nonetheless, IMO. He's been on the Bills for most of my kids' lives. Thanks for the memories, Kyle. You are a helluva football player and an even classier human being. Cheers to you, retiring on your own terms, and your life ahead. ?:beer: 

I do think this team is headed for great things, and wish he could be part of that.  At least he did get a playoff game, unlike guys like Schobel.

Thank you, Kyle.  An absolutely outstanding career and you will always be remembered for your effort and tenacity during an otherwise tough time for the Bills. Best of luck in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

Damn, I was really hoping he would come back for one more season.

God Bless You, Kyle Williams. You have been a great Buffalo Bill. We appreciate all you have done for the team, and we all wish you the very best in the next chapter of your life.

Sad that you had to endure a lot of losing seasons with this team, but you gave us a great present on New Year's Eve of 2017 that will go down as the greatest New Year's Eve for all Bills fans.

I can't wait to see your name on the Bills Wall of Fame. You will be missed.