Oh Star, Where Art Thou

How many people are going to respond without actually clicking on the link...

It's always important to consider how players/positions are supposed to be used in a defensive scheme.

In Sean McDermott's system, it's vitally important to have playmaking linebackers who can read plays quickly and get to the right gap.  Star is basically a space-eater, who commands double-teams and allows those linebackers room to make plays.

Matt Milano is already becoming a star in this scheme.  His loss (along with Tremaine Edmunds having his rookie struggles) was the main reason for our run defense falling apart on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, mjt328 said:

How many people are going to respond without actually clicking on the link...

It's always important to consider how players/positions are supposed to be used in a defensive scheme.

In Sean McDermott's system, it's vitally important to have playmaking linebackers who can read plays quickly and get to the right gap.  Star is basically a space-eater, who commands double-teams and allows those linebackers room to make plays.

Matt Milano is already becoming a star in this scheme.  His loss (along with Tremaine Edmunds having his rookie struggles) was the main reason for our run defense falling apart on Sunday.

Yup. Along with poor positioning by a number of people which lost end containment. 

• Like (+1) 2

Twinkle Twinkle little Star

How we've paid you way too far

Listen what's the point of having a big NT who gets doubled all the time if we never stack the box. We should've had the same game plan as Beli. 11 in the box and force Old man Brady to throw it deep. No Gordon, no healthy Gronk. Just stupid.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Twinkle Twinkle little Star

How we've paid you way too far

Listen what's the point of having a big NT who gets doubled all the time if we never stack the box. We should've had the same game plan as Beli. 11 in the box and force Old man Brady to throw it deep. No Gordon, no healthy Gronk. Just stupid.

No hes paid about right.  All-Pro DTs like you would like him to be get 20+ these days.

The article quoted by the OP is interesting if people have the time to go through it..

I would suggest Star is average not poor...but no doubt overpaid a couple of mil per year on his Bills contract ..apparently though that’s what you have to do to acquire free agents and I think we will see a bit more of that in March...

Looking at his contract, he is here to stay another 2 years at least so I suggest we get used to him running out there in the red white and blue through end of 2020

Edited by Aussie Joe

Step 1 to building a team. Get the guys that were pretty good on your old team in 2013 because nothing ever changes and your brilliant SCHEME is so inflexible it literally needs the exact same players.. Only 5 years older.

Heck why stop there let's sign the 85 bears they had a good scheme.

I'm warming up to them but the 2 most annoying things about McBeane is the ignoring the entire offensive unit and the love affair with old Panthers.. to which we defend with REBUILD and SCHEME. I see mistakes (everybody makes them) and laziness (extremely annoying)

We have to wait until the 2013 Panthers die and Beane stops signing his 40 year old golden goose Kuechly out of retirement for 5M 100 years of contract. 3 times we've over paid, overplayed, or gave up too much for a 2013 Panther. If your scheme needs literally the same players you're not thinking to critically about building a team

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P