DeSean Jackson ready to leave the Bucs

I would love Jackson on a one year deal, Sign him and Tyrell Williams on the outside, let Foster and Zay battle for the slot position. I wouldn't want a longer than 1 year commitment on Jackson but as a one year stop gap while the young guys develop it would be a smart move. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I would love Jackson on a one year deal, Sign him and Tyrell Williams on the outside, let Foster and Zay battle for the slot position. I wouldn't want a longer than 1 year commitment on Jackson but as a one year stop gap while the young guys develop it would be a smart move. 

T.Williams is going to the Colts unless another team decides to pay a kings ransom for him.

• Like (+1) 1

I get the FEELING that Desean Jackson is not a guy who's gonna want to come to Buffalo and that he'll get similar offers elsewhere even if we're interested. Feelings are not facts, but that's my gut reaction. Shady would likely be the one thing we have going for us, and I'm not sure he's gonna be here next season. We shall see.

I'd love this move from the Bills perspective. Deep threat who can catch. Perfect for our QB.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I get the FEELING that Desean Jackson is not a guy who's gonna want to come to Buffalo and that he'll get similar offers elsewhere even if we're interested. Feelings are not facts, but that's my gut reaction. Shady would likely be the one thing we have going for us, and I'm not sure he's gonna be here next season. We shall see.

I'd love this move from the Bills perspective. Deep threat who can catch. Perfect for our QB.

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought I heard somewhere that he wanted to play for a warm weather team. Maybe on hard knocks he mentioned how much he liked the warmth. I could also be completely making this up in my mind ?

7 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Maybe I’m mistaken, but I thought I heard somewhere that he wanted to play for a warm weather team. Maybe on hard knocks he mentioned how much he liked the warmth. I could also be completely making this up in my mind ?

I dig way too far into this stuff in terms of who would be willing to play for a small market/cold weather team. I love Buffalo, but there are players who would much rather play elsewhere. Just an unfortunate fact of life. Hadn't heard that particular bit about Jackson, but it doesn't surprise me. On the plus side, Tyrell Williams played at Oregon State so maybe he's down. The easiest way to get players to want to play here is to win which makes our draft picks that much more important. At the end of the day, money talks and we may have to overpay to make some strides this off season.

Edited by LSHMEAB

17 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

The Colts are allegedly heavy favorites for Le'Veon Bell, too. Not familiar with their cap situation. Can they afford both?

GG..spotrac has them at 112 m under,they have the money and don't forget he played for Frank Reich.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

T.Williams is going to the Colts unless another team decides to pay a kings ransom for him.

Possibly, but I would still like to see the Bills make a run at him or one of the other top WR's on the free agent market. At around pick 6-9 there isn't likely a high impact WR and a trade down might not be available. I am not too sure Mac, Foster, and Zay should be counted on to anchor the wide receiver core, I think Foster or Zay can be a WR3 maybe even a WR2 and Mac could be a good gadget player. But with Allen on a rookie deal I would rather overspend on an abundance of WR talent rather than go cheap because you bought into a few young guns towards the end of the season. 

Golden Tate and DeSean Jackson would make for two nice players to pair with Zay and Foster for example. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Possibly, but I would still like to see the Bills make a run at him or one of the other top WR's on the free agent market. At around pick 6-9 there isn't likely a high impact WR and a trade down might not be available. I am not too sure Mac, Foster, and Zay should be counted on to anchor the wide receiver core 

Mac? You talkin McKittrick?