What I don't understand is how did D.K.Metcalf become Bill's RD1 mock draft guy?

26 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

A rookie defensive linemen will do nothing for this team until our linebacking core is capable of holding their own. Looking from the perspective of the last game if we had any wrs to catch the ball at all we are still in the game. A rookie defensive linemen even if it was Aaron Donald wouldnt have stopped the patriots from the running the ball down our throats because he isnt filling the three gaps the linebackers are supposed to. So while i agree we need a replacement for kyle in the last game a wr that can catch would have had a bigger impact.

I haven’t diagnosed the running plays enough to place all the blame on the LBs. It seems a stretch to think the DL had a strong performance with that kind of yardage allowed on the ground. Still, the high first round is for elite talent. This year, it’s on the DL and the standard in that draft spot needs to be higher than a WR that can catch. Those guys will be available in lower spots than the top ten of round 1.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

Dude has Randy Moss type athletic ability. Without the injuries he probably goes top 5. It would be a shock if he went round 2.

Right now I’m hoping for Metcalf round 1 and Cajuste round two

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

Because you're probably going on sites like Walter Football and Bleacher report, those sites are pretty bad.

...anybody think McBeane would pull this trigger in the top 10 or does he trade down and look for an extra 2nd, targeting someone else?.....the "WR in the 1st ghost of Whaley past" is lurking for some to pounce on if McBeane follows suit......despite a new era..................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

The media 'draftnks' aren't always the brightest bulbs around. Kiper, for years, had us taking an OT in the first round, because we never replaced Jason Peters.

A lot of those guys don't really watch the actual teams in the season, so aren't that well versed in where our needs are.

They look at rankings and go off of that, a lot of the time. The D isn't ranked badly, so we won't go there to start with, would be a typical rationale, imho.

The Bills need a WR and the mocks you happen to be seeing are people that are very high on him. The ESPN guys and WalterFootball and supposedly NFL teams don’t really see Metcalf as a first round prospect right now but there’s a long ways out still. This is a really deep WR class so my personal preference would be to go another route in the first round and take multiple WRs later but that’s just me. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

The D line lost contain, as has been clearly shown. How is that not exposing some issues there?

Because it is one game?

The numbers over the course of the year do not show that we have  been a bad run stop team.....there have been some games

As much as we B word about this D it has been pretty good......and sometimes the offense just has to help a defense out against good teams

DK Metcalf has one of the better skill sets among receiver prospects to go along with the best combination of measurables.  He's big and fast, runs good routes and catches the ball when he's targeted.  There wouldn't be much question about him being a top prospect at WR if he'd been healthy all year.  It's the neck injury that throws a wrench into the evaluation process.  Whether or not Beane would actually take him that high depends on how much he trusts the medical evaluations and small sample size in productivity.

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because it is one game?

The numbers over the course of the year do not show that we have  been a bad run stop team.....there have been some games

As much as we B word about this D it has been pretty good......and sometimes the offense just has to help a defense out against good teams

The most important metric, points against, has us as a mid-tier D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TroutDog said:

The D line lost contain, as has been clearly shown. How is that not exposing some issues there?

A de lost contain. The lbers as mcdermott sted failed in doing their job. Go back and listen to mcdermott. Then rewatch the game and watch the lb not have gap control.

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Who played well on the defensive line Sunday?

Dont let one game decide your draft needs. Team needs olinemen badly as well as a couple good wide receivers as well as a running back. But you can find an rb 4th round.

14 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Looking at Robert Foster it appears they ate right they can.  Saban couldnt get the guy to play to potential but our coaches seem to be doing it.

Foster saw few reps because these were so many better players on that offense.

Remember, this years Alabama team is the first Saban team ever to rely more on the pass than running the football.

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Foster saw few reps because these were so many better players on that offense.

Remember, this years Alabama team is the first Saban team ever to rely more on the pass than running the football.

Maybe but Foster was Very highly recruited and never lived up to potential.  I did quite a bit of research on him, trying to figure out who this kid was in TC.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes and ***** special teams, inability to score points, inability to run the ball have nothing to do with that?

But I guess you can pick a stat somewhere to support a narrative

This is not what I was referring to, John. The discussion was about our D line alone. 

15 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Because you're probably going on sites like Walter Football and Bleacher report, those sites are pretty bad.

What's the best sites to look at ? Send me some good sites I'm bored thu out the day lol for mock drafts and if possible fa targets..thanks