What I don't understand is how did D.K.Metcalf become Bill's RD1 mock draft guy?

18 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

He is too talented to last until the 2nd round. 

Mock drafts in December are fine.  Haven't almost all but the bowls games been played?  There is a ton of tape on all of these guys. 

rosters change between dec and apr. and mock drafts are never fine, they are silly.  top players list is fine.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:35 PM, TucsonBillsFan said:

Don't get me wrong I like him as a clear RD2 wr and that's what he was projected to go in the second round so why is every mock draft I see the bills picking DK I mean clearly there is a lot more better options in my opinion. He is the fifth best wide receiver in this year's draft

But in every latest mock draft the past few weeks the bills are all over him the experts think anyway let me know your thoughts

I personally think the Bills should trade down to like pick 13 pick up a extra second and possibly a 5th and draft ol first..little should fall at 13th and with the 2 second round get a wr and a cb.

Let me know your thoughts guys

Because DK Metcalf is by FAR the best WR in this year’s draft ,  I stay at # 9 and I make sure he’s a Bill , let’s NOT forget there’s still a free agency and as far as WR’s there’s not much , OL on the other hand (C -Paradis ) and even the T from Carolina wouldn’t be ( IMO ) a bad way to go , 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No. Just the opposite, in fact.

Think about it. McCoy fumbles and the opponent recovers on the Bills 10. The chances of having points scored just soared. There's a tremendous chance of them getting three points and a very good chance of them getting seven points. But not when you're talking yards. With a total defensive failure, the most the defense could give up here is 10 yards, which is actually a very good result for one drive.

Other teams getting the ball in consistently good field position doesn't help increase yardage totals one bit. It may even - very slightly - decrease yardage totals. If opponent offenses get the ball closer to their end zone, their potential yardage is slightly lowered. If they get the ball on their own one and the defense doesn't stop them they can make 99 yards. If they get the ball on the Bills 1 yard line and the defense fails, they only get one yard with the TD.

Good field position for the offense raises the possibility of points and lowers the potential yards available. For the D it's the same. When opponent offenses get good field position the D has a higher chance of allowing points and fewer possible yards to allow.

But in terms of yards, one drive's no different from another in terms of impact on the final total. The key figures here are two ... number of drives faced and average field position at drive start.

Chicago's defense faced the most defensive drives this season, 183. Buffalo was 2nd, facing 182 drives. This is terrible news for the defensive yardage stats. Buffalo faced the worst field position of any defense, with opponents starting on the average of the 31.36 yard line. But the team that had the best situation had an average of the 25.57. The difference is miniscule, especially when a very large majority of drives don't get near the end zone.

So again, yardage totals do a terrific job of isolating the units.  Points don't. And average drive starts are so close together as to give almost no advantage or disadvantage in terms of possible yardage available.

And yeah, yeah, the Bills D wasn't good in red zone defense. But they were very good at keeping teams out of the red zone, thus limiting the damage of their bad red zone D. Despite facing more drives than any other team than Chicago and the worst average defensive drive start, despite having a poor offense that gave away a ton of turnovers, meaning more drives starting closer to the red zone, the Bills tied for 11th fewest drives that reached the red zone.

I don't argue with data. I guess I would say my perception is skewed by the Fins and Jets late game drives and the Indy/Baltimore fails.

They are a very good unit overall and the data reflects that. As far as I know, the data also suggests they were good, not great at pressures/sacks per dropback. Could be wrong about that. This is the reason I'm so hung up on an extra pass rusher. My eyeballs tell me that an additional consistent pass rusher/playmaker will improve the one area that could be viewed as something less than a strength and certainly needs to be addressed going forward. Jerry is 31. Lorax is 36. Some people seem content with not addressing the defense at all and that would be a big mistake IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes 

That. Is. Ridiculous! Look at the guns on that dude. He may be more ripped than David Boston AND T.O. Combined

How in the world are DB's supposed to tackle that man? Lol

Edited by BuffAlone

8 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

That. Is. Ridiculous! Look at the guns on that dude. He may be more ripped than David Boston AND T.O. Combined

8 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Is that picture real?  Becoming a body builder (naturally haha) killed Biston’s Career.  He became too big and slow.  It’s very rare a receiver gets this big and it is good for them.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, CommonCents said:

The more I watch of the WRs coming out the more confused I get as to why people are calling it a weak class. 

It's an excellent and deep class.  People falsely call it a "weak" class over one simple reason...there isn't a WR that is projected to be drafted top 10 by useless mock drafters.  But who cares, the best WRs in the NFL now and in the past were mostly drafted outside the top 10.  People fixate on a position being strong or weak in a draft based on whether someone from that position is a top 10 graded player.  If not, they call the whole class weak. But this is one of the best WR classes we have had in a long time.  Just because one guy from the class isnt a guaranteed top 10 pick doesn't mean the whole group is weak.

This is a great year for us to be in the market for WR's because we will have a lot of options in rounds 1 and 2, not to mention there will be some talented guys likely still there in the 3rd and 4th too.  Its really deep.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Is that picture real?  Becoming a body builder (naturally haha) killed Biston’s Career.  He became too big and slow.  It’s very rare a receiver gets this big and it is good for them.  

Lmao. I've been duped

Edited by BuffAlone

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It's an excellent and deep class.  People falsely call it a "weak" class over one simple reason...there isn't a WR that is projected to be drafted top 10 by useless mock drafters.  But who cares, the best WRs in the NFL now and in the past were mostly drafted outside the top 10.  People fixate on a position being strong or weak in a draft based on whether someone from that position is a top 10 graded player.  If not, they call the whole class weak. But this is one of the best WR classes we have had in a long time.  Just because one guy from the class isnt a guaranteed top 10 pick doesn't mean the whole group is weak.

This is a great year for us to be in the market for WR's because we will have a lot of options in rounds 1 and 2, not to mention there will be some talented guys likely still there in the 3rd and 4th too.  Its really deep.  

Yup.  That’s why I won’t want them to over spend on free agency on a guy.  Draft a couple guys from this year’s group and let them develop.

i also wanted JuJu instead of Zay and ESB instead of Ray Ray and they could have a sick group but I’m an idiot.

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Metcalf is on the far left. He’s standing next to AJ Brown.

AJ Brown is not immediately next to DK, but he’s the one with the gold chain.

I don’t know how people are sleeping on AJ Brown. He was way more productive than Metcalf in college. He reminds me of Jarvis Landry.

Edited by CajunBillsBacker