16 questions with Bills Legend Roscoe Parrish

23 minutes ago, The Drought said:

He was correct about small receivers who also returns punts. Parrish, Brown and Lockett, almost interchangeable if you stop comparing there.

Roscoe was a good punt returner who also had some success as a slot guy here.

Brown has had more receiving yards in a season then Parrish in his career.

its like comparing a crack in the wall to the Grand Canyon..

29 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

A bit of a hyperbole.  Yes Roscoe has his issues with injuries especially toward the end of his career but read his stats.  He did play a full 16 game season a few years and one 13 game season.  Again, he never amassed more than 35 receptions.  He usually was under 30.

So again, you can say that he had potential or was a good route runner but to say “uncoverable” is a bit of an exaggeration.  I wouldn’t say that a reciever with 30 receptions over 16 games was uncoverable.  That’s the truth.  My point is Bills fans sometimes look back and remember players for being better than they were I actuality 

I dont know have you seen the QBs he played with.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I dont know have you seen the QBs he layed with.

Ummmm I hope I never find out about any of the QB’s he “layed” with ????

As far as the QB’s he played with, fine, but consider Roscoe’s stats over the course of 16 games compared to Lee Evans.  He consistently had higher numbers in receptions and yards.  So while if the bad QB’s didn’t hinder Lee’s numbers very much, why did they hinder Roscoe’s?

Again, my whole point is that some here are exaggerating Roscoe’s actual body of work for the team.  

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Brown has had more receiving yards in a season then Parrish in his career.

its like comparing a crack in the wall to the Grand Canyon..

I don’t quite get the comparisons either.  They are both smaller, fast WR’s who are good punt returners but the production is no where near close

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

18 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Ummmm I hope I never find out about any of the QB’s he “layed” with ????

As far as the QB’s he played with, fine, but consider Roscoe’s stats over the course of 16 games compared to Lee Evans.  He consistently had higher numbers in receptions and yards.  So while if the bad QB’s didn’t hinder Lee’s numbers very much, why did they hinder Roscoe’s?

Again, my whole point is that some here are exaggerating Roscoe’s actual body of work for the team.  

I don’t quite get the comparisons either.  They are both smaller, fast WR’s who are good punt returners but the production is no where near close

I know he was nothing to right home about if you see my other reply youll see that.

I really should have proof read that one huh.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ex Bill Legend actually 

Again, maybe it’s just me but “legend” is a bit of a stretch

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I know he was nothing to right home about if you see my other reply youll see that.

I really should have proof read that one huh.

Thats ok, the original message made it hilarious ??

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

Just now, Nextmanup said:

This return was epic!

He almost didn't make it into the first row for the celebration, but I think the fans pulled him in!

The guy was the 2nd most electric return man I've seen next to Devin Hester. Like others have noted though he just couldn't stay healthy. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills all time punt return leader. Underrated receiver 

retired #2 all time in average yards per punt return behind Hester...

if they weren’t in the same era Parrish goes down as one of the best punt return men

and he did have great hands and crisp routes... I’d kill for Parrish rn

This ^.  Lots of 'scoe hate on TBD.  He was a helluva PR.  Both he and Leodis My Man suffered from PRing during the Hester area.  Welcome back Roscoe Parrish!