Which “Under The Radar” Player Would Be Perfect on The Bills

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Dede Westbrooke down in Jax. Spent most of last year injured so this was his rookie and a half season. Shows great speed and ability to get open. Started 8 games this year, 63 rec. 707 yds. 5 tds plus a punt return TD.

I like Westbrook too. When we played Jax he was doing everything.  Doubt he's available. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Here's a list on Offense...

Chris Conley- agree with Virgil on this one

Jamison Crowder - WR - Redskins - 5'9 but stout.  Does not drop very many.  Good speed.

Jesse James - TE - Steelers - Love this guys toughness- 6' 7" target; reliable hands.

Mike Person - G- SF - 30 years old but has only really played the last 4 years.  He can fill a hole at RG for the next 5 years

Ja'Waun James - OT - Dolphins- not very durable but really good feet and mirror ability

Ty Nsekhe - OT - A true frickin road grader at 330 lbs 

The Bills will sign some higher profile FA but these guys are all process guys and contributors.  Upgrades over the depth we have and can compete for significant playing time.

....are there any "bank breakers" in your list?....somebody posted a McBeane quote where he said, "we assign a value to a player and that's it"......sounds like he's shopping for value and production versus "big splash".............

Media types have been saying Golden Tate was going to command a lot of money, but I don't see it.  If he takes a fair market deal, I think he'd be a great slot target for Adams.  He's physicality and YAC could open other areas of the offense up.   

2 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Don't even know if Tyler Eifert would be considered "Under the Radar" but I'm hoping he's someone we bring in in the off-season. Super talented and just has been hit with freak injury after freak injury. 

The Panthers brought in Greg Olsen who was considered oft injured. Hoping Beane takes a flier with Eifert.

Olsen played 62 out of a possible 64 games when he went to the Panthers at the age of 26.

Eifert will be 29. Has never played more than 15 games and has played a grand total of 43 out of a possible 96 games in his career.

So no.

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....are there any "bank breakers" in your list?....somebody posted a McBeane quote where he said, "we assign a value to a player and that's it"......sounds like he's shopping for value and production versus "big splash".............

I don't believe there are any bank breakers...these are all guys I would consider under the radar.  My criteria was:

1) Better than what Bills have now in the top 2 at their respective positions (this means Outside Receiver and Slot Receiver as separate positions for WR)

2) Cap friendly- 2 to 4 year deals with less than $2 million per year in upfront, guaranteed bonus money and low first and second year salaries

3) May not draw much attention in the open market (I think Jesse James may be the exception).

I honestly see this list and one I am looking at on D and also Punter as outside of 4 impact players I expect the Bills to add with 2 large FA signings and the first two rounds of the draft.    The Bills won't sign all these player but maybe 3 from each list.  I think the Bills will be integrating about 20-22 new players on the 53 next year.  A real infusion of new blood and depth.

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I don't believe there are any bank breakers...these are all guys I would consider under the radar.  My criteria was:

1) Better than what Bills have now in the top 2 at their respective positions (this means Outside Receiver and Slot Receiver as separate positions for WR)

2) Cap friendly- 2 to 4 year deals with less than $2 million per year in upfront, guaranteed bonus money and low first and second year salaries

3) May not draw much attention in the open market (I think Jesse James may be the exception).

I honestly see this list and one I am looking at on D and also Punter as outside of 4 impact players I expect the Bills to add with 2 large FA signings and the first two rounds of the draft.    The Bills won't sign all these player but maybe 3 from each list.  I think the Bills will be integrating about 20-22 new players on the 53 next year.  A real infusion of new blood and depth.

...thanks...nicely done..:thumbsup:....like your reasonableness versus "shoot for the moon" theory which seems to be prevalent around here...just do not see McBeane as a "big splash...big spend guy" on one player...but then again, "right" is NOT my strong suit.................

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Olsen played 62 out of a possible 64 games when he went to the Panthers at the age of 26.

Eifert will be 29. Has never played more than 15 games and has played a grand total of 43 out of a possible 96 games in his career.

So no.

I'm also a no but it's a shame. I remember him scorching the Bills a few years back in one the few games he started and finished. Guy has/had a ton of talent.

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm also a now but it's a shame. I remember him scorching the Bills a few years back in one the few games he started and finished. Guy has/had a ton of talent.

Maybe... but I love the idea of getting a big target at TE who can run.  I feel that it could really help Allen on the intermediate routes when team blitz.  Same with a good pass catching RB

Maxx Williams TE would be big upgrade and doubles as a fullback. 2 birds, one roster spot. 

Mark Glowinski - Guard upgrade no one is talking about. Playing really well for the Colts this year

Josh Wells - RT who can also play left. Has played a lot and played well for the Jaguars the last few years.