Which “Under The Radar” Player Would Be Perfect on The Bills

I often find myself thinking that a certain role player would be perfect on the Bills.  It’s not usually an All-Pro or even a standout player.  But a guy who flies under the radar as a role player that would be ideal for the Bills.

My choice is Kenyon Drake in Miami.  I feel he is criminally underutilized in Miami, as bruiser backs like old Frank Gore or Brandon Bolin get more carries than Drake.  I doubt Miami would trade w/n the division but man I would love to see Drake in Buffalo.

I would make Drake the feature back in the Bills offense.  He could carry the load at RB and could help Allen in the short passing game to beat the blitz.

who are some other options?

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a list on Offense...

Chris Conley- agree with Virgil on this one

Jamison Crowder - WR - Redskins - 5'9 but stout.  Does not drop very many.  Good speed.

Jesse James - TE - Steelers - Love this guys toughness- 6' 7" target; reliable hands.

Mike Person - G- SF - 30 years old but has only really played the last 4 years.  He can fill a hole at RG for the next 5 years

Ja'Waun James - OT - Dolphins- not very durable but really good feet and mirror ability

Ty Nsekhe - OT - A true frickin road grader at 330 lbs 

The Bills will sign some higher profile FA but these guys are all process guys and contributors.  Upgrades over the depth we have and can compete for significant playing time.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't even know if Tyler Eifert would be considered "Under the Radar" but I'm hoping he's someone we bring in in the off-season. Super talented and just has been hit with freak injury after freak injury. 

The Panthers brought in Greg Olsen who was considered oft injured. Hoping Beane takes a flier with Eifert.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Pat Mahomes - I haven't read anyone talk about him coming here - completely under the radar.

Not the point of this thread...

19 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Here's a list on Offense...

Chris Conley- agree with Virgil on this one

Jamison Crowder - WR - Redskins - 5'9 but stout.  Does not drop very many.  Good speed.

Jesse James - TE - Steelers - Love this guys toughness- 6' 7" target; reliable hands.

Mike Person - G- SF - 30 years old but has only really played the last 4 years.  He can fill a hole at RG for the next 5 years

Ja'Waun James - OT - Dolphins- not very durable but really good feet and mirror ability

Ty Nsekhe - OT - A true frickin road grader at 330 lbs 

The Bills will sign some higher profile FA but these guys are all process guys and contributors.  Upgrades over the depth we have and can compete for significant playing time.

Good choices

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Who?

Patrick Lavon Mahomes is a former American professional baseball pitcher. He played in Major League Baseball from 1992 to 2003 for the Minnesota Twins, Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, and Pittsburgh Pirates.

1 minute ago, DasNootz said:

Patrick Lavon Mahomes is a former American professional baseball pitcher. He played in Major League Baseball from 1992 to 2003 for the Minnesota Twins, Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, and Pittsburgh Pirates.

We need to fire someone if they dont get him then.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really like the choices in this thread.......just get guys that fit the offensive scheme since Deboll is probably not going anywhere.......

One not so under the radar choice but.....that DE from the Texans is a free agent....

The Bills need an edge setter and disruptive rusher.  That will make this defense even better.   I am just not sure Clowney fits the culture they want.  It may come through the draft.

On D, I would look at depth at DT (signing Philips would help); DE; MLB; Corner.  I think if they are serious about Edmunds becoming a MLB they need to get him a mentor. 

13 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

but including a player that will continue to be under team friendly contract for a division rival in the original post is the point of this thread?

...You mean including a player that’s actually underutilized!?!?  I never said anything about contracts or about division rivals, just a player that’s under the radar and Drake fits the bill.  I also feel that James White would be a good choice.  

Your joke about Mahomes wasn’t really smart, funny, or witty, which is why I appreciate those here who provided good choices.  

17 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

The hits keep on coming.  I think some here missed their calling as comedy writers

Edited by BillyWhiteShows

Just now, BillyWhiteShows said:

...You mean including a player that’s actually underutilized!?!?  I never said anything about contracts or about division rivals, just a player that’s under the radar and Drake fits the bill.  I also feel that James White would be a good choice.  

Your joke about Mahomes wasn’t really smart, funny, witty, which is why I appreciate those here who provided good choices.  

I know there are risks with both guys but I'd like to see us pursue Eifert and Tyrell Williams. 

Dede Westbrooke down in Jax. Spent most of last year injured so this was his rookie and a half season. Shows great speed and ability to get open. Started 8 games this year, 63 rec. 707 yds. 5 tds plus a punt return TD.