[Vague Title] If your the GM of the Bills.

Tatonka68

Which of the following free agents would you sign??  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Offensive lineman (choose 1 or 2)

• Quinton Spain G Tennessee 47 starts since 2015
    • A.J. Cann G Jacksonville 58 starts since 2015
    • Chance Warmack G Philidelphia 51 starts since 2015
    • Donovan Smith T Tampa Bay 63 starts since 2015
    • Ja'Wuan James T Miami 61 Starts since 2015
    • Mitch Morse C Kansas City 48 Starts since 2015
    • Matt Paradis C Denver 57 starts since 2015
  2. 2. Offensive weapons (choose 2 or 3)

• Adam Humphries WR Tampa 71 rec 750 yards 5 Td's
    • Tyrell Williams WR LA Chargers 39 rec 630 yards 5 Td's
    • Golden Tate WR Philadelphia 70 rec 762 yards 4 Td's
    • Jesse James TE Pittsburgh 30 rec 423 yards 2 Td's
    • Tyler Eifert TE Cincinnati 15 rec 179 yards 1TD
    • Jeff Heuerman TE Denver 33 rec 371 yards 2 Td's
    • TJ Yeldon RB Jacksonville 247 rush yards + 550 receiving yards
    • Tevin Coleman RB Atlanta 755 rush yards + 267 receiving yards

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

I’m all for a new center. And a starting right guard in free agency. 

Not sure I’d want to pay what it takes to land those skill players though. I sure hope more become available. 

I picked Jesse James only cause I enjoy the James gang movies lol. 

I definitely hope we don’t spend on a running back. We may have to overpay a receiver or two just to get some legit possible starters in here. I don’t know, none of those guys really jump out at me as coming here and being much more productive than what we have 

1. Keep both coordinators: Frazier is an easy pick.  My thinking on Dabol is that we have had 20 OCs in the last 18 years-some years we had 2.  Try some consistency.  This may help a young QB and every time you put a new system in you have to flip the roster to fit it and you lose another year. 

2. Draft positions that cost a lot of money QBs, Cornerbacks, pass rushers, Left Tackles.  Sign and pick up lesser positions: G, Linebackers, TE, Safeties, centers, DTs.  WRs. are wild cards.  Need a #1 WR?- draft them.  Trade down in the draft instead of up to acquire picks.  Draft QBs every year until you are sure you have the "one."  I don't think anyone should be sure about Allen yet.

3. Dead Weight and gone: Somewhat obvious-Clay, Ivory, Ducasse.

4. Think long and hard about:  Zay Jones, Shaq Lawson, John Miller, and Trent Murphy.  Zay is harmless cap wise but he may take snaps away from developing players.  Murphy continue to get hurt.  

5.  Trade MCoy to the highest bidder.  He may have one year left.  Some team may think he is a difference maker for a long run in the playoffs.  RBs relatively easy to find.

5. Special teams coach and OL coach gone. 

6. Be wary of Free Agents who had career years in the last year of their contracts, often injured Free Agents, and Free Agents who are in the second half of their careers.  

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

I would like to see what people are thinking about the off season and rebuilding this team. I think you should fill holes in Free agency and draft BPA in the draft. How about you.

I for one have no idea why anyone wants Mr. Glass, Tyler Eifert.  Doesn’t matter how talented a player is, he can’t help you from the infirmary.  This guy barely plays, hurt his whole career.  Jesse James a much better option at TE.  If you sign Tyler then we better sign James too cuz Tyler will get hurt.  

I also would love to sign Humphries.  He would be the guy to replace Zay (who I don’t think should be on this team next year) and compliment Foster. Then either sign Tate or draft Metcalf (I prefer draft Metcalf).  Our top 3 WR next year would either be Tate, Foster, Humphries (playing that Cooper Kupp type role role for us) or Metcalf, Foster, Humphries.  Then add/keep a couple more depth guys (like McKenzie for ST) and we will have a nice core.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

1. Spain & Morse

2. Williams, James, and Yeldon

I agree on the offensive line. They would be my guys of the options there.

Don't mind James (not my first choice - Tyler Kroft is) or Yeldon (so long as he is cheap).

Strongly disagree on Williams. Whoever pays him is going to have buyer's remorse. I also strongly believe we need a vet in this room - Golden Tate of the options there would be my guy. I did like the idea of picking up Demaryious Thomas when Houston cuts him..... but now he has done his achilles that is less attractive.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m all for a new center. And a starting right guard in free agency. 

Not sure I’d want to pay what it takes to land those skill players though. I sure hope more become available. 

I picked Jesse James only cause I enjoy the James gang movies lol. 

I definitely hope we don’t spend on a running back. We may have to overpay a receiver or two just to get some legit possible starters in here. I don’t know, none of those guys really jump out at me as coming here and being much more productive than what we have 

Don't overlook Boss Tagaloa at center.

Spain and Paradis are the 2 OL I would choose but you forgot G Rodger Saffold of the Rams and OT Darryl Williams of the Panthers. I think both Spain and Paradis would drastically improve the interior of the OL, Dawkins/Mills are adequate at the Tackle position while Teller can move over to RG. I chose TE Jesse James and WR Adam Humphries as our offensive weapons, as a Steeler fan James is a very underrated player, he is consistently getting open and has good hands plus an adequate blocker. I don't think we have a shot at either WR Williams or Golden Tate, I'd prefer Donte Moncrief over all of them, much like Jesse James I think he's an underrated WR. I also took Adam Humphries since I thin he'd be more of a low key signing but like Moncrief, a good underrated one, just my opinions.

46 minutes ago, TN Bills Fan said:

1. Keep both coordinators: Frazier is an easy pick.  My thinking on Dabol is that we have had 20 OCs in the last 18 years-some years we had 2.  Try some consistency.  This may help a young QB and every time you put a new system in you have to flip the roster to fit it and you lose another year. 

2. Draft positions that cost a lot of money QBs, Cornerbacks, pass rushers, Left Tackles.  Sign and pick up lesser positions: G, Linebackers, TE, Safeties, centers, DTs.  WRs. are wild cards.  Need a #1 WR?- draft them.  Trade down in the draft instead of up to acquire picks.  Draft QBs every year until you are sure you have the "one."  I don't think anyone should be sure about Allen yet.

3. Dead Weight and gone: Somewhat obvious-Clay, Ivory, Ducasse.

4. Think long and hard about:  Zay Jones, Shaq Lawson, John Miller, and Trent Murphy.  Zay is harmless cap wise but he may take snaps away from developing players.  Murphy continue to get hurt.  

5.  Trade MCoy to the highest bidder.  He may have one year left.  Some team may think he is a difference maker for a long run in the playoffs.  RBs relatively easy to find.

5. Special teams coach and OL coach gone. 

6. Be wary of Free Agents who had career years in the last year of their contracts, often injured Free Agents, and Free Agents who are in the second half of their careers.  

Both 5's would be very helpful