Looks like Shady will be a Bill in 2019

While I wanted them to move on from McCoy last year, I think he is still here next year.  1. because he is considered a leader on the team.  2. because its the final year of his deal and they aren't going to get anything valuable in a trade from him.  They wont just cut him.  McD is big on having vet leadership for every position group on the team.  That person is McCoy.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

Coach-speak.  Means nothing.  He's not going to throw him under the bus.  Remember all the kind words for Peterman...

Yeah this title is a bit misleading because it’s not like McDermott said he would definitely be on the roster in 2019.  He alluded to the fact but again, he spoke mostly in generalities.  Not sure what they’ll do yet but this quote is a far from a certainty that he’s on the team next season 

If all parties are interested then I have no problem with it. Shady's earned one last chance to show that he hasn't completely lost it. I still want them to draft and/or bring in a younger back, ideally someone like Ajayi or Tevin Coleman and not some 30 year old journeyman (watch it be Doug Martin...).

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They need to get younger at the position so draft a RB Day 3...

But, I don’t really see the problem in bringing Shady back next year and see how he looks behind a hopefully much improved line in camp and preseason... if he is still struggling than time to go your seperate ways..

Agreed

IF McCoy is back it will be for significantly less money.  The Bills should not pay more than 3 million for him and then only if they plan to use him much more as a receiver.  It looks like he has hit the wall, but really, not completely clear because of the poor offensive line play this year. 

I think he is gone, and it will be too bad, as then he won't be here for the next Bills playoff run which is likely coming soon. 

Edited by Mister Defense

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

We will draft a RB.

Option 1: McCoy will be forced to play in Preseason more. They will then move on from him. 

Option 2: They improve the line and McCoy runs better in Preseason and he brings us a 3rd and 4th round pick.

Option 3: They improve the line and he runs better. Becomes the on the field coach for the new guy.

Im thinking #2 or #3 are possible but #1 is more probable. I saw a shell of the player he was. Not just slower but doesnt make the cuts he used to.

Unless restructured none of these have a chance.  No one is reading for a washed up 31 year old back. 

He restructures and stays or hes cut. 

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

IF McCoy is back it will be for significantly less money.  The Bills should not pay more than 3 million for him and then only if they plan to use him much more as a receiver.  It looks like he has hit the wall, but really, not completely clear because of the poor offensive line play this year. 

I think he is gone, and it will be too bad, as then he won't be here for the next Bills playoff run which is likely coming soon. 

He much like AP is not what he used to be.  Both were great regardless of their Oline.  But he is still quick and fast(IIRC he has one of the fastest TDs of the season).  Although he isnt what he used to be I believe he will still be above average behind a decent Oline.

Edited by formerlyofCtown