Looks like Shady will be a Bill in 2019

I'm one of the biggest Shady supporters amongst Bills fans that I personally know. I don't buy player jerseys (I've learned many times in the past two decades that it's a waste of money). I bought a custom made jersey with the #1 and it says Go Bills on the back. I figured I can't go wrong with that. But, if I ever did buy a jersey of a player, it would be McCoy and even I'm ready to move on.

I think the line and the scheme didn't work for Mccoy's dance/run style and I don't see the scheme changing next year while at the same time hopefully improving the talent on the line. Shady just doesn't fit this Daboll system and for that reason, I'm out (shark tank voice).

We should have traded him while he still had at least a little value

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Didn't they keep saying Tyrod was in our plans right up until they traded him?

Yes. and that Peterman could be the starting QB of the Bills up to his release. It's all coaches talk! I think McCoy is set to play his last game in a Bills uniform Sunday. Pretty discouraging when your backup running backs have more success than your centerpiece back on offense

I think the biggest issue for us is the OL and having that other option WITH McCoy.  Ivory got dinged up this year and the OL was just not that great at opening lanes for the HB's.  It's telling that Josh Allen is our leading rusher and most of that is from pass plays that broke down and he got out of there.  This may be more of an indictment of Juan than it appears.  Not to say that it was McDermott's intention to do that.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Sign Ajayi to a one year prove it deal and keep Shady as your 3rd down back.  Murphy is a capable backup.  If you have to draft one wait until the 5th round minimum.  I think his cap hit is fine given go much we have.

Ajayi is toast. Just draft a guy and stop spending money on washed up RBs.

McD could barely find it in himself to say a negative thing even of Kelvin Benjamin (remember the line he gave about KB's effort? “At times" it would be there?) so I'm not surprised he's not throwing too much shade over Shady's way. His players probably appreciate that he has their back versus the media scrum, but internally I'd love to hear what is said amongst the coaches about his play so far this year.  

What do Fred Jackson, Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, our own Ivory and Lindsay have in common?  Talent is out there.  I think Josh Adams is next on that list, too. 

They need to get lucky.  If teams had the slightest idea Lindsay was going to be this good he would not have made it past rd. 3.  Bills need just good old fashion luck.

...here's Benjamin's quote about 2018......do we realistically have $6+ mil reasons to believe the same holds true for Shady?......or do you think otherwise?..........

"It's just a bad season," Benjamin said. "It is what it is. Just football, man. You have good seasons, you have bad seasons. I've had successful seasons in this league. I'll have plenty more. For some reason, it's just not the year."

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

23 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I think McCoy will be back in 2019 but in a 3rd down back receiving role. We do need an all purpose bruiser in the mold of Leveon Bell. In addition our OL has been terrible. We need an All-Pro type at G & RT and things will improve. 

Obviously our horrendous run blocking stiffs destroyed all our RB's this season. But even if we do upgrade 2-3 OL positions, I just don't see a late career surge for Shady like AP did. Let him go and draft a hungry young guy in the mid rounds. Eat the 4.5M.....