[Name Only Title] DeSean Jackson

FLBillsGuy

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

He has over thrown the fastest guy on the field multiple times and under threw a couple too. Those WRs aren't good, but his deep ball leaves a lot to be desired. I think a lot of the problem is the lack of air time.

He can throw the football ? a country mile.  We're just not always sure where it's gonna come down.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not true, why do people always say this?  He wants to be a factor in an offense, Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  We have a monster armed QB who loves throwing deep on a team that leads the NFL in deep shots.  He played in this kind of weather in Philly and loved playing there. 

I am not saying we must go get him, but to say he would never come here makes no sense.  Im not saying we are his "preferred" destination, but there is no reason to suggest he would never consider Buffalo or come here.  In fact, we are quite easily one of the better landing spots for him.  Doesn't mean he is the best target for us, but we are one of the better fits for him in terms of opportunity, cap space, and deep ball game which is his bread and butter.

People say it because when he was an UFA before going to Tampa Rex Ryan had a sound bite had he stayed in Buffalo the plan was bringing DeSean here and am sure people read it as he turned us down.

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

No, thanks. He's already playing for his third team and past his prime. If the Bills want a Tampa Bay WR, I'd much rather they attempt a trade for his younger, up and coming teammate, Chris Godwin.

Considering Adam Humphries is a free agent and DeSean will probably be cut or traded, I doubt Godwin is remotely available. He's a stud though.

I'd rather cut McCoy than keep McCoy and use his friendship to sign DeSean, but that's just me. DeSean would be a healthy upgrade over the current WR corps though.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Considering Adam Humphries is a free agent and DeSean will probably be cut or traded, I doubt Godwin is remotely available. He's a stud though.

I'd rather cut McCoy than keep McCoy and use his friendship to sign DeSean, but that's just me. DeSean would be a healthy upgrade over the current WR corps though.

Yeah, there's no way I thought that Godwin was available. He's their future...a second year player who is probably due to take another leap forward next season. I was just making a point. Still a firm "no, thanks" to Jackson for me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

People say it because when he was an UFA before going to Tampa Rex Ryan had a sound bite had he stayed in Buffalo the plan was bringing DeSean here and am sure people read it as he turned us down.

One there is no correlation, and that was different team, different owners, different coaches, different front office...and Desean was a different player.  

14 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re right. The Eagles cut him because he was such a great individual.  He also never dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone.

Chip Kelly released D. Jax and the Eagles organization tried to save face by starting a false rumor about gang affiliation, which a police chief had to chime in and shoot down.

And that was many moons ago.  If he still has his wheels, he should be a valuable asset.  The Saints would be a very good fit.

The guy that I really want us to kick the tires on is AJ Green. Bengals could look to move him this offseason. It will probably take a 4th. He's 30 going on 31 and has a big cap number. He's also missed some games this year. 

Getting him in and let's say Riley Ridley in the 2nd Rd of the Draft this year and our WR corps is suddenly transformed. It also frees us up to take BPA in the 1st whether that's Josh Allen, Ed Oliver or Byron Murphy. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.