[Name Only Title] DeSean Jackson

FLBillsGuy

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

He certainly would fill a need for us with his speed and ability to stretch the field. On the other hand when he is not involved in the offense he has a history of acting out. He's not a bad character but he has a volatility that becomes evident when things are not working out the way he wants it to work out. He is good at controlling his emotions when things are going well but can't contain his emotions when he is frustrated. 

My sense is he is not the type of person that McDermott would bring in who has to periodically be called into the office to remind him that its more about the team than about himself. Considering what McDermott constantly espouses about the importance of filling a team with players who subordinate their interest for the team's interest he doesn't fit the clapping coach's preferred mold. 

Again, I want to emphasize that I'm not suggesting that he is a bad guy so much as a hyper-emotional guy when things don't go his way.

Yeah, I wasnt saying hes a target of Bills, I was addressing the comment that "DeSean would never come here" which is false IMO.  Doesn't mean Bills want him, but if they did, I feel he would be interested in us.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, I wasnt saying hes a target of Bills, I was addressing the comment that "DeSean would never come here" which is false IMO.  Doesn't mean Bills want him, but if they did, I feel he would be interested in us.

Especially when Lesean tells him that even if you suck, they’ll get you the ball 200 times.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just strikes me as the type of guy that would rather retire than come to Buffalo. I also don’t think receivers would View Allen, right now, as someone to tie their career too.

I still firmly disagree with this.  Why would he retire than come to Buffalo?  If he wanted to retire, he wouldn't be trying to get out of TB.  Retirement comment makes no sense.  And most people see Allen as an exciting upward trending QB.  FANS and FANS alone have absurd expectations of a rookie.  NFL players, coaches, and GM's are realistic and understand he is a rookie on a talentless offense and have seen plenty to be excited about.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still firmly disagree with this.  Why would he retire than come to Buffalo?  If he wanted to retire, he wouldn't be trying to get out of TB.  Retirement comment makes no sense.  And most people see Allen as an exciting upward trending QB.  FANS and FANS alone have absurd expectations of a rookie.  NFL players, coaches, and GM's are realistic and understand he is a rookie on a talentless offense and have seen plenty to be excited about.  

Because he doesn’t want to be in Buffalo.  It’s viewed as Siberia to a lot of players.  They are wrong but that’s how it’s viewed.  

And im just telling you know other people view Allen.  I think a lot of players feel like Ramsey.  He was a 56% passer at a smaller school and is averaging 163 yards passing.  Jackson didn’t like playing with Winston.  I doubt he says an upgrade with Allen.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) he would never come to buffalo

2) he’s not a process guy

3) he is a walking injury 

I did think they need a Desean type player. Foster has played well but I still don’t fully trust him.

What are the sources to your claims that Jackson will not come to Buffalo and that he is not a process guy?

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

I'd say more than most deep balls not making connections are on the WR. When the ball is in the air that long it is my opinion but it's on the WR to make the connection and find the ball 

He has over thrown the fastest guy on the field multiple times and under threw a couple too. Those WRs aren't good, but his deep ball leaves a lot to be desired. I think a lot of the problem is the lack of air time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

He has over thrown the fastest guy on the field multiple times and under threw a couple too. Those WRs aren't good, but his deep ball leaves a lot to be desired. I think a lot of the problem is the lack of air time.

Good post and people will overlook this.  That’s why it takes more than a Giant to succeed.  They were saying Russell Wilson (much weaker arm) is the best deep ball thrower because of the arc he puts on the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he doesn’t want to be in Buffalo.  It’s viewed as Siberia to a lot of players.  They are wrong but that’s how it’s viewed.  

And im just telling you know other people view Allen.  I think a lot of players feel like Ramsey.  He was a 56% passer at a smaller school and is averaging 163 yards passing.  Jackson didn’t like playing with Winston.  I doubt he says an upgrade with Allen.  

Still disagree with all of this.  All of this is over exaggerated, and nothing Ramsey said can be taken seriously, he says everyone is trash and Allen already shoved Ramseys foot into Ramseys mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gjv001 said:

I'm not a source to support your claims that Jackson won't come to Buffalo and is not a process guy.

You’re right. The Eagles cut him because he was such a great individual.  He also never dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone.

i really don’t care with way.  Personally, I don’t think he is a great leader and not good enough to justify what it would take to get him here.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Still disagree with all of this.  All of this is over exaggerated, and nothing Ramsey said can be taken seriously, he says everyone is trash and Allen already shoved Ramseys foot into Ramseys mouth.

He completed 8 of 19 passes for 160 yards.  It was a Bortles like performance. Let’s not act like it was a Rodgers like performance.

and I hope you’re right. I hope receivers see Allen is a rising star and want to come here.  I don’t see it but it would be great if they did.  The Bears has to pay a ton of money to get guys there.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re right. The Eagles cut him because he was such a great individual.  He also never dropped the ball before he crossed the end zone.

i really don’t care with way.  Personally, I don’t think he is a great leader and not good enough to justify what it would take to get him here.  

He completed 8 of 19 passes for 160 yards.  It was a Bortles like performance. Let’s not act like it was a Rodgers like performance.

and I hope you’re right. I hope receivers see Allen is a rising star and want to come here.  I don’t see it but it would be great if they did.  The Bears has to pay a ton of money to get guys there.

Bears paid market price, none of the WR's signed for more than was predicted for them.  

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Really?  GMs around the league are excited about Allen?  Well this is good news. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Really?  GMs around the league are excited about Allen?  Well this is good news. 

All kinds of praise coming from people currently or previously in the NFL...players, coaches, GM's.  Quite a bit of positive press on the kid overall this season.  Im sure there are still skeptics too, but hes gotten a lot of praise, especially since coming back from injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'm so happy to have someone who sees the same things some of us do. It's not a football 101 observation but it's not that complicated, either. 

Maybe I haven't seen enough of the games because I've probably listened to more than half the games this season but I see many balls on the CB's coverage - perhaps not the majority - that are trackable and available for the WR.

Thanks for your post.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No interest. We need a vet in here who wants to be a leader in the room and a teacher to our young guys. DeSean Jackson is not that. 

Marquise Goodwin would be a good fit if not for how much that dude made. 

• Like (+1) 2