[Name Only Title] DeSean Jackson

FLBillsGuy

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) he would never come to buffalo

2) he’s not a process guy

3) he is a walking injury 

I did think they need a Desean type player. Foster has played well but I still don’t fully trust him.

Thats not true, why do people always say this?  He wants to be a factor in an offense, Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  We have a monster armed QB who loves throwing deep on a team that leads the NFL in deep shots.  He played in this kind of weather in Philly and loved playing there. 

I am not saying we must go get him, but to say he would never come here makes no sense.  Im not saying we are his "preferred" destination, but there is no reason to suggest he would never consider Buffalo or come here.  In fact, we are quite easily one of the better landing spots for him.  Doesn't mean he is the best target for us, but we are one of the better fits for him in terms of opportunity, cap space, and deep ball game which is his bread and butter.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not true, why do people always say this?  He wants to be a factor in an offense, Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  We have a monster armed QB who loves throwing deep on a team that leads the NFL in deep shots.  He played in this kind of weather in Philly and loved playing there. 

I am not saying we must go get him, but to say he would never come here makes no sense.  Im not saying we are his "preferred" destination, but there is no reason to suggest he would never consider Buffalo or come here.  In fact, we are quite easily one of the better landing spots for him.  Doesn't mean he is the best target for us, but we are one of the better fits for him in terms of opportunity, cap space, and deep ball game which is his bread and butter.

All big market teams, minus Tampa which has weather. 

Id love to be wrong (though I’m not really a fan of guy’s attitude) but I think it would take a massive overpay to get him.  And he’s not worth big bucks at this point of his career.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Id love to be wrong (though I’m not really a fan of guy’s attitude) but I think it would take a massive overpay to get him.  And he’s not worth big bucks at this point of his career.

I agree he's not worth big bucks or over paying.  But we are literally one of the best fits for him, he doesn't mind cold weather, and he wants to be a relevant part of an offense that utilizes his best skills in the deep ball.  We are literally one of the best fits for him.  Again, not saying he is best fit for Bills plans, but I can't see him not being interested in the Bills if they called.

I imagine the first choice for any player in his position is to play in a big market for a winning team with a dynamic offense.  At this point, we don't ring any of those bells unfortunately. That doesn't mean its impossible, just more expensive, to entice that kind of player. I think we are most attractive to young, unproven talent. Starting roster spots are up for grabs at numerous positions so Buffalo is a land of opportunity for those with something to prove.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not true, why do people always say this? He wants to be a factor in an offense, Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  We have a monster armed QB who loves throwing deep on a team that leads the NFL in deep shots.  He played in this kind of weather in Philly and loved playing there. 

He certainly would fill a need for us with his speed and ability to stretch the field. On the other hand when he is not involved in the offense he has a history of acting out. He's not a bad character but he has a volatility that becomes evident when things are not working out the way he wants it to work out. He is good at controlling his emotions when things are going well but can't contain his emotions when he is frustrated. 

My sense is he is not the type of person that McDermott would bring in who has to periodically be called into the office to remind him that its more about the team than about himself. Considering what McDermott constantly espouses about the importance of filling a team with players who subordinate their interest for the team's interest he doesn't fit the clapping coach's preferred mold. 

Again, I want to emphasize that I'm not suggesting that he is a bad guy so much as a hyper-emotional guy when things don't go his way.

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree he's not worth big bucks or over paying.  But we are literally one of the best fits for him, he doesn't mind cold weather, and he wants to be a relevant part of an offense that utilizes his best skills in the deep ball.  We are literally one of the best fits for him.  Again, not saying he is best fit for Bills plans, but I can't see him not being interested in the Bills if they called.

He just strikes me as the type of guy that would rather retire than come to Buffalo. I also don’t think receivers would View Allen, right now, as someone to tie their career too.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agree with your takes here but

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He just strikes me as the type of guy that would rather retire than come to Buffalo. 

I can't imagine that being the case for a guy who likes the deep ball/WR looking at our roster.

He's enough I'd look at as much as a 4th with restructuring 

Just now, Boyst62 said:

I can't imagine that being the case for a guy who likes the deep ball/WR looking at our roster.

I just think a lot of players will look at Allen’s stats (though it’s all his receivers’ fault!) and think he is just a career killer.  

Youre better off getting a bunch of guys in the draft. Cheaper and they can grow together.  Another reason I can’t believe they took Ray Ray over E St Brown. This regime sucks with offense. 

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Maybe if they start connecting on more deep balls it would be more enticing? 

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Maybe if they start connecting on more deep balls it would be more enticing? 

I'd say more than most deep balls not making connections are on the WR. When the ball is in the air that long it is my opinion but it's on the WR to make the connection and find the ball 

Yeah let’s not forget him and shady are buddies.. 

I have been on the desean hype train for a few weeks after seeing Allen and these receivers. 

He more than likely wouldn’t have elite numbers here but that’s not what we need. 

What desean does is mess up the oppositions defensive game plan cause they have to account for his ability to get deep. 

Which in my opinion says hello running game. 

Hes getting to the end of the line. Last decent contract he ever sees if he hits free agency. 

We can overpay and it won’t hurt while some younger guys are drafted/developed. 

I would just offer a 5th rounder first day you can trade for him and try and eliminate his options of signing somewhere else. 

He’s not a process guy,.... But we would say the same thing about shady before he came here I would imagine. 

• Like (+1) 1